3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
I have a question.

I am wondering about the quality in renders. Who likes Photorealistic more then carttonish or plastic look when playing VN games?

I myself like both, to me what matters most is how the game is played, or the story.
As long as the story is good, I don't mind either way. But if the renders are full of mistakes (like poses with arms going through the body), that's what kills it for me.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I have a question.

I am wondering about the quality in renders. Who likes Photorealistic more then carttonish or plastic look when playing VN games?

I myself like both, to me what matters most is how the game is played, or the story.
The art is almost secondary for me I guess. Most important is a well told, well paced story written in decent enough English (the lack of pacing is why most open world games fail in this genre). I'm willing to overlook some spelling and grammatical mistakes but if the game has really broken English I will lose interest pretty quickly.
As for what art style I prefer... I guess I prefer Daz over Honey Select (While Daz games feel somewhat same-y because the backgrounds are often reused while with HS the characters are often very similar if not identical as well). In 2D art I prefer a modern western cartoon style.
If you want to blow my socks off with a games art you should probably make it in Daz with custom scenes and clothing. You should make the world feel lived in and think about the details in the art. (Or be Baindrop I do not know how he(?) cranks out that large an update each week)

Reactions: DoctorPervic

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
If you want to blow my socks off with a games art you should probably make it in Daz with custom scenes and clothing. You should make the world feel lived in and think about the details in the art. (Or be Baindrop I do not know how he(?) cranks out that large an update each week)
This is really how I tackle what I do. What pieces fit the idea I have in mind and what parts can be just 'a little bit extra' but it still works. Cohesion is pretty important to me.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
WOW, Love your render. The quality is like Disney cartoon quality, did you render in Daz Iray? How did you get it to look so Disney cartoonish. Looks amazing.
Thanks. :)

The model is just playing with a lot of sliders. The lighting, however, was 12 hours of pain, suffering, and experimentation... :p

Yah, I do everything Daz with no post-work other than to resize in Photoshop. :)

Reactions: DoctorPervic
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes