3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
First try with Caroline from Milfy City
View attachment 669067
scenes like those are the reason, why I use only a few bed-models frequently. I depend on a high poly count for the mattress, the pillows etc. With a high poly count, I run a dForce simulation with zero gravity, where I push the figure into the bed. That gives me al the indentions I need. I only adjust the stiffness and the strength of the dynamic surface, to make the effect more reasonable and believable.

Reactions: 31971207

5ickcycl3

May 22, 2020
What hair is that? It looks very similar to Lara Croft.
The hair is a mix of multiple hairstyles:
Goldtassel Legacie Hair (long bangs)
Goldtassel French Twist
Elite Ponytail for Genesis 2 Female(s)
Devil May Tail G3F

Used the same hair shader on all hair elements, so they would have the same color.

And yes, I'm trying to get as close as possible to LC with DAZ assets...o_O

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
I save in PNG format. Adobe Lightroom is paid. I will try Autodesk Sketchbook for matte painting.

Anyway thanks for all the help. I now feel like working on Post work seriously.

Could you tell me how much time it took for the first ep of your game? I am planning to make one. So far I have rendered a very short intro scene and I have doubts about which house to use so I paused working on it. I have been having this feeling my laziness might affect game production. Cause I think it been a week now since I last worked on game renders.

I remember creating 9 renders for the game with multiple spot rendering and correction in between for 3 days. I also created some pinups for Patreon reward things for the future when I have an actual game to show. Next, I remember rendering Jill pictures for 2 days cause some random person wanted more. Then again took 2 days to render 6 more jill renders cause I felt like I should create something exclusively for Patreon even though I have 0 Patreons. Then 2 more days for creating 3 more jills render for comic. and today all I did was mess around with HDRI's eat and play games. Sad life. Imma out for a while.

All in all very little work done for the game and at this pace it might take me way too long to produce a game.
It took me about 6 weeks. Including creating all the models and the scenes for the ship. It really heavily depends on what quality of renders you want to go with and what approach. You could simply render out just the characters without a background and put them over a blurred out image of a room when they just talk and only fully render out the sex scenes or scenes where the characters have some interaction with the environment and stuff. I'm going with the full immersion approach.
Anyway some renders in a complex environment do take me 8 hours no doubt, but I try to make the most of them by using spot render to get some body movements in to turn that 8 hour render into several different renders and save time that way. Gotta pay attention to the shadows if you do that though.
Then I just pick up pace when I'm working just with HDRI like the scene in a VR room I made on beach. Renders like that take about 30 minutes each which is incredible, so you might wanna abuse that.
Also I do render basically 24/7, I just turn off PC every like 4 days for few hours cause I reaaaaaally can't afford spare parts now, so I'm bit paranoid. :D

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I made about 5-10 different pics with different HDRI/Clothing/Tone-mapping but the same pose. All I used was 1 spotlight and a couple of different HDRI's.

View attachment 668671
View attachment 668674

IDK much about color theory but damn HDRI's are good.
The thing I don't like about HDRIs is that you have to do straight on shots or the background image gets distorted. I prefer dynamic camera angles. (I studied photography in college) I usually shoot from a 45' angle.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFSTime

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
If you want simple backgrounds to mess around with you might want to look at environment assets that mirror more of what you see in photo studios. They will have full environments but the nice thing is you can pull out just the items you need. So this gives you a lot more flexibility. Here's a few I've used to give you some ideas:

1: (Images #1 & #2) - I use the backdrop from this a lot. Literally just that item. Great for when I'm doing smaller scene setups.

2: If you might need larger setups then cycloramas could help. The one in image #3 came from and #4 was from .

3: If you want something with a bit more 'pizazz' then could be a fun one to play with (image #5). Some of the example images they have there are a bit "extra". But you can just work with the backdrop and and materials. What's really fun with this one is that you can mess with the horizontal/vertical tiling and offsets of the backdrop surfaces to get different looks.

4: Make your own backdrop! I made a 'studio' with just five really large plane primitives and made them gloss black so I had something I could use when I had an idea where I really wanted to mess with light reflectivity (images #6 and #7).

The nice thing about all these items: you don't have to use the default materials! For image #2 I knew I had a color in mind but wanted more texture to the backdrop. So i started messing around with some fabric shaders I had. And this random knit fabric shader gave me that result.

Hopefully this might give you some ideas. The fact that you mentioned color theory spurred me to offer this info up since I do utilize it quite a bit with my work. And simple scene setups seem to help me with that.

View attachment 668763 View attachment 668785 View attachment 668788 View attachment 668802 View attachment 668791 View attachment 668795 View attachment 668805
I already have zed's studio. It's the white background for the

Last edited:
Reactions: HFSTime
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes