3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
After watching a ton of videos on lighting and camera settings (real world and DAZ specific), I feel like I've finally got the lighting and render settings down pat for this application. Been working on characters for my upcoming project while I flesh out the story. Since I've been doing expression facesets, figured I'd share a peek at two of my favs. I spent way too much time dialing in my female goblin character as I was tired of never seeing a satisfactory representation of greenskin hotness. Let me know what you guys think!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And since Empiric recommended (thanks so much for the feedback!), here's one with sharper teeth for the gobbo. I'm torn on which one I like better...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't try to do everything in the engine. Get close, then fuck around in post. Finish the art part of it in post. This is how you go from render to something else, and expression of your vision.

Like Hollywood. They don't give you what they film. They change it, transform the raw data and make something magical. This is what you do in post.

Or glamor shots. They clean up a lot with Photoshop. Just things like tone and color correction can go a long way. You don't need to render endlessly in Daz to get the result you want. Sometimes, you need to do it afterwards.

Here's an example of my current stuff. Started in Daz, moved on from there. Kind of in a Dungeons & Dragons mood, maybe more 1e AD&D with the tits out. Hahahah.

halforc(new).jpg

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
This is the cover for the renpy VN I am currently working on. Thoughts?
It is not a bad render but it doesn't grip my attention either (which is what you want for a cover.) These girls (nice models by the way) look like 3 models on the a photoshoot or walking the catwalk.
Some things you could do to improve the render for me:
  • Use bold background colours (doesn't really matter what colour per say als long as it is a strong colour).
  • Fill up the render area with your characters. There is a lot of white space. if you made a thumbnail of this the characters are nearly indistinguishable.
  • I'd focus more on the faces of the characters. The bodies are relatively standard (no bimbo boobs, no missing limbs or whatever) so the bodies are less important for the coverscreen.
  • I'd like to see some interaction between these characters. Are they friends? Enemies? Lovers? Vying for your adoration? show what they are to each other. Try to draw me in so I want to know more.
  • I don't know if swimwear is important to the story (if story important keep it) or just eye candy. but it is easier to convey the personality of the girls by dressing them in street clothes. (there is a reason why goth is quite popular as a character in these types of games).
Hope this helps. I hope it didn't sound to critical, that was not my intention. again the base render is quite decent. Maybe just not what you want for the cover of your VN.

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
The full line-up of the characters from a game i will hopefully one day make.
From left to right: 3 crew members of a ship (Engineer, Captain and Navigator), 3 teachers (Oceanology, PE and Astronomy) plus the Vice Principal (sitting), and 3 students.
Full cast line-up.png
I still need to tweak them, especially the captain.. i'm not that happy with how she looks, but the main template is there for all of them. The heights of the girls is generally the base height, so i still need to change that.
I tried to make them look unique enough, hoping you won't recognize them from 20 other games.
Thoughts?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes