3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DD3DD

Apr 23, 2019

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
Just an opinion but aren't there 2 games that takes place on the island. I have seen lots of movies on this theme and not just that I do remember reading lots of random manga/manhwa/manhua and Hentai's based on that too. I think it's a bit overused idea but to each their own. If you are not in a rush maybe you will have more ideas in the future.
Oh i am aware that the island location is nowhere near unique :). I've also seen stories that have theme of 'Isolation Island'.
But i've also seen zombie-apocalypse stories happen in games that i played at least 3 times on this site alone, yet each time it is a different story. I think you can re-hash old plot points and settings from existing stories... just give them your own spin, making it still unique... or relatively unique.

I will try to make this more character driven, rather than plot-driven.... meaning; As you get closer to the girls, the story progresses... rather than 'as the story progresses, you automatically get closer to the girls.' Each girl has their own seperate main-story and although they can interlink on occasion, they still stay mostly seperate. I want there to be choices that will eventually unlock the different endings, and picking too many of the wrong options will make the girl dislike you and block their ending.

Still... thanks for the feedback. I'm still fleshing out the story further so nothing is set in stone just yet. :)

Jul 14, 2018
Oh i am aware that the island location is nowhere near unique :). I've also seen stories that have theme of 'Isolation Island'.
But i've also seen zombie-apocalypse stories happen in games that i played at least 3 times on this site alone, yet each time it is a different story. I think you can re-hash old plot points and settings from existing stories... just give them your own spin, making it still unique... or relatively unique.
Agreed - an island is a setting, not a plot. Even confined to two characters in an established relationship, there are dozens if not hundreds of different directions you can take it, making a unique story each time.

Reactions: MG-Gaming

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
Can you take on piece of Genesis 8 female, export it into Blender and make the skin look like, well ... proper skin? Please ignore the hair and the clothing , I have no idea what happened during the export process, or maybe I fucked up with the texture opacity in blender. Anyway, my main focus was the skin and it took me a while to figure out how to setup the shader nodes in blender, because all the teleporter plugins from daz to blender mess up the textures pretty bad. The skin looked horrible, much worse than Daz and I thought it was a dead end for using daz characters in blender. I still have to figure out how to properly tweak the skin shaders in blender to my liking, make a skin a bit darker, I still need to understand how to make the eyes more appealing, but so far I'm so impressed with the result. To me it looks way better than Daz. Below you have a comparison, 1st render is blender, second one is daz. The same character. Please, tell me, what do you think?
The idea was not to get the exact same skin color as in daz, but to have the skin details.

Blender: render time 1:24 hrs.
blend1.jpg

Daz render:

daz1.jpg

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Can you take on piece of Genesis 8 female, export it into Blender and make the skin look like, well ... proper skin? Please ignore the hair and the clothing , I have no idea what happened during the export process, or maybe I fucked up with the texture opacity in blender. Anyway, my main focus was the skin and it took me a while to figure out how to setup the shader nodes in blender, because all the teleporter plugins from daz to blender mess up the textures pretty bad. The skin looked horrible, much worse than Daz and I thought it was a dead end for using daz characters in blender. I still have to figure out how to properly tweak the skin shaders in blender to my liking, make a skin a bit darker, I still need to understand how to make the eyes more appealing, but so far I'm so impressed with the result. To me it looks way better than Daz. Below you have a comparison, 1st render is blender, second one is daz. The same character. Please, tell me, what do you think?
The idea was not to get the exact same skin color as in daz, but to have the skin details.

Blender: render time 1:24 hrs.
View attachment 671992

Daz render:

View attachment 672015
For skin detail Blender does look better, but you still need a lot more work to get it looking better then Daz. in my opinion. :) That being said, Blender is WAY WAY WAY more powerful then Daz3D and if you work at it can make some of the most amazing renders.

For example the video tutorial here It is done in blender

f54795ca1a4c38a73b67397a67da8721.jpg

On the other hand though, Some artists can get some pretty amazing results in Daz3D alone.

daz3d_iray_skin_shader_settings_2_by_second_circle_d8trfv9-fullview.jpg

So I guess it all comes down to the Artist and not the software. :)

Last edited:

LBW

Jan 13, 2018

For skin detail Blender does look better, but you still need a lot more work to get it looking better then Daz. in my opinion. :) That being said, Blender is WAY WAY WAY more powerful then Daz3D and if you work at it can make some of the most amazing renders.
Indeed it's a lot of work, i had to redo all the shader nodes, but I wanted to make sure it can be done, because most of the teleporting I've seen before were horrible.
Sure, straight out of the box daz skin shaders are more than decent, but the possibilities you have with blender are enormous. And with a bit of tweaking you can achieve amazing results.
I have pretty much no experience with blender, but I've seen things that can be done with it. The rendering engine in blender is way better than daz and it's much faster, imo.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes