3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
If you know how to do the post-work, then the time from render to finished image is a lot less.

Hardware power is the brute force way to do the hobby. I don't think it's the most effective. IMO, most people don't need power as much as a broader skillset towards art production.

Most of my images in this thread took from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to render (CPU only, no CUDA cores for Nvidia gfx acceleration).

Reactions: DD3DD

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
If you know how to do the post-work, then the time from render to finished image is a lot less.

Hardware power is the brute force way to do the hobby. I don't think it's the most effective. IMO, most people don't need power as much as a broader skillset towards art production.

Most of my images in this thread took from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to render (CPU only, no CUDA cores for Nvidia gfx acceleration).
And to do proper post work I need proper hardware. the render it self took about 4 hours yes, but the work for it was like tripple the time or even more. So it is a mix in between, ofc the prework is very important, thats why i mess around with renders. :p unfortunaly I´m at a point where daz 3D likes to take to many time in Iray preview if I have more than 1 character, so I have to blend things in and out for several times to keep up my framerate. that means I definetely need a better hardware. :) But I know where you come from, you are right about that.

Noflow

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 672722

Just messed around a little bit to get a feel for renders. this one took about 4 hours to render. I need a better computer if I want to start my own project soon, that much is certain. lol.
View attachment 672722

Just messed around a little bit to get a feel for renders. this one took about 4 hours to render. I need a better computer if I want to start my own project soon, that much is certain. lol.
Just some quick editing and looks good

• Love
Reactions: Unexpected Error

Noflow

Mar 19, 2020
Damn, looks like I have to work on that too then. what did you use for editing if I may ask?
All I did was run it through intel denoiser and in photoshop added one layer gaussian blur as softlight @ 37% opacity and one layer desaturated with high pass filter set to overlay and opacity around 50% literally took 3 mins to clean it up.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
All I did was run it through intel denoiser and in photoshop added one layer gaussian blur as softlight @ 37% opacity and one layer desaturated with high pass filter set to overlay and opacity around 50% literally took 3 mins to clean it up.
Thank you very much! :) I´ll look up how I have to do that, never used something like that, but it will improve my renders so much, that I feel I could finaly start with my project.

Noflow

Mar 19, 2020
Thank you very much! :) I´ll look up how I have to do that, never used something like that, but it will improve my renders so much, that I feel I could finaly start with my project.
no problem anytime. I actually just found out about Daz like a month ago so I am just learning myself but I have used Photoshop for over 10 years so I guess that helps

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Been a few weeks since i first posted some of my attempts at getting my head around more complex lighting and camera effects, turns out vignetting is a bit of a silver bullet for mid to low light portraits.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second one feels like the weakest of the three, elbow position is a bit too stiff, lighting isn't right either but it's all in the name of practise, right?

Most pleased with the first one, no coincidence that it took twice as long to set up as the others. If anyone is interested i'm building a stable of characters for some practise renders before i dive into game development, next up should be the athletic blonde or the brunette and her BF, we'll see what happens after i organise my daz library, so see you at Christmas :rolleyes: .

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes