3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Do you have any way to fix the cleavage? Especially on something people are familiar with, the vacuum sealed cups look is strange.
I use Marvelous Designer, but you can try D-Force. Also you can get some good results with Fit Control and Mesh Grabber. It'd be too hard to go over everything, but I think there are some posts about some of these. You could also google and look into these. I think the easiest would be either Fit Control or Mesh Grabber.

Jul 14, 2018
I like how it looks :LOL:
Fair enough.

I use Marvelous Designer, but you can try D-Force. Also you can get some good results with Fit Control and Mesh Grabber. It'd be too hard to go over everything, but I think there are some posts about some of these. You could also google and look into these. I think the easiest would be either Fit Control or Mesh Grabber.
Of the two, while Mesh Grabber is a lot more labor intensive, it seems to generate far better results. Or would in the hands of someone who isn't me, but even being as awful as I am with it, it does more predictable results. Fit Control also seems very focused on ... well, large traditional pieces of clothing. Odder, more piecemeal pieces (sleeves that aren't part of a shirt, for example) it doesn't seem to know what to do with.

• Haha
Reactions: ArturiousDesign
Jul 14, 2018
So I need second opinions here.

1 is how I've been doing her. I've been okay with it, but I feel like she often looks overly pasted-in and not like she was there.
khern blowjob topless Test 1.png
2 is trying a different method, but I think I overcompensated and she's too bright.
khern blowjob topless Test 2.png
3 is a combination of the two methods. So far, I'm thinking I should do that.
khern blowjob topless Test 3.png
Anyone have any thoughts?

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017

1 is how I've been doing her. I've been okay with it, but I feel like she often looks overly pasted-in and not like she was there.
View attachment 694203
2 is trying a different method, but I think I overcompensated and she's too bright.
View attachment 694204
View attachment 694202
You may want to experiment with some depth of field, so that the background is a bit soft compared to her so she sticks out better. Also, there is a slight shadow on the wall, but you may want to bump up some lights so it's a bit more. If you stand that close to a wall, or we see the floor that close, you'd likely see a more noticeable shadow.

She's got though, so there's that :)

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020

View attachment 694203
View attachment 694204
View attachment 694202
By adding depth of field does that help any? Just wondering if the ground being slightly blurred helps with the illusion.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Fair enough.

Of the two, while Mesh Grabber is a lot more labor intensive, it seems to generate far better results. Or would in the hands of someone who isn't me, but even being as awful as I am with it, it does more predictable results. Fit Control also seems very focused on ... well, large traditional pieces of clothing. Odder, more piecemeal pieces (sleeves that aren't part of a shirt, for example) it doesn't seem to know what to do with.
The best will be a cloth sim, from Marvelous Designer, Blender, Maya, etc. But that get's pretty complicated if you don't know those programs. Even then, for example in MD, it's tough working with things with buttons, added stuff, etc. Basic shirts work best. Who knows, maybe in the next versions of Daz there will be some better options.

Jul 14, 2018
You may want to experiment with some depth of field, so that the background is a bit soft compared to her so she sticks out better. Also, there is a slight shadow on the wall, but you may want to bump up some lights so it's a bit more. If you stand that close to a wall, or we see the floor that close, you'd likely see a more noticeable shadow.

She's got though, so there's that :)
By adding depth of field does that help any? Just wondering if the ground being slightly blurred helps with the illusion.
May need to. I have an aversion to depth of field due to seeing it overused (as in, blurred to the point of nonsense) so much.

And that's supposed to be the floor. As you can see in this test where I thought the arm positioning wasn't so bad, rendered, and said "Oh god no"

arm pose test oh god no no no no no no.png

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Many styles are overused in Daz.
It's the nature of the hobby.

Until you get to the "super artistic, that's totally his/her style, I can see it right away" level of artistry, it's kind of hard to turn down anything that improves an image, IMO.

(I know I'm not at that stage of art.)

Reactions: MovieMike

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, I've been using Golden Palace, its fine for most poses, but the lines definitely show up when the legs are spread.

Eh, I wanted to do something quick and dirty. But thanks for the comment.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes