3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Definitely my most advanced pic after lots of improvement and test on lighting. Say me what did you think? Rendered with only 4 cores of my i7 4790k (for temperature^^) with only 900 iterations (it's very light). Really difficult to put multiple lights, G8 character and render with FHD on my GTX980. I need to better optimize my future scene, it's an equation with quality (complexity of surfaces: resolution, normal map, facets....) and iterations (noise). I think it's possible :)
Optimization is needed, then. A lot of shit you don't need at that distance, like normals. Resolution, also. How many 4K maps you think are in that scene? Probably a shitload, including multiple normals that have probably are doing jack shit. There's probably a lot of optimization you can do even without touching a Scene Optimizer script.

It looks good, in general. Are you trying to hide the nipple and the pussy? That is fine if you're trying to do it, but if not, you're not giving your viewer the payoff views in that image. Light it up the way you want your viewers to see it. IMO, realism can be dreary and boring. If it's sex, then the people want fantasy and not reality.

Reactions: JiiEf

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Just rando test image because I'm in rendering mood. I am figuring out uniforms for the hell of it.

This is just a test for fit, and nothing else.
It's a Genesis 3 uniform, so I just wanted to see how the pants and boots reacted under poses.
(Definitely NOT authentic Armored Corps kit at all. I can kill the camo very easily, but I didn't do that here. Being half naked is also not exactly authentic, either, so meh.)

efrat uniform test.jpg

Oukia

Apr 30, 2020
Optimization is needed, then. A lot of shit you don't need at that distance, like normals. Resolution, also. How many 4K maps you think are in that scene? Probably a shitload, including multiple normals that have probably are doing jack shit. There's probably a lot of optimization you can do even without touching a Scene Optimizer script.

It looks good, in general. Are you trying to hide the nipple and the pussy? That is fine if you're trying to do it, but if not, you're not giving your viewer the payoff views in that image. Light it up the way you want your viewers to see it. IMO, realism can be dreary and boring. If it's sex, then the people want fantasy and not reality.
Thank you for your answer. I don't know exactly how many 4k maps are in that scene. With other scenes, I hided all of objects which wasn't in the camera lens. But for this room it's a block and I can't do anything. Have you some tips or links which explain how to downsize surface maps? without scene optimizer.

For my personnal opinion, I prefer photorealism. You are terribly right with the fact that it can be boring but it can also be more attractive if it's well done. I began with DAZ 1 month ago and I'm still looking my style. I saw lots of render in this site and in DeviantArt and it's really better (for me) when we are questionning on some pics if it was real or not. Another big part is environment, staging, poses, camera's position, artistic direction and yes, some non real pics are lots of better than if it was realist.
I don't necessary want to show pussy or nipples all the times. I want sexy pics but not always nude pics. I made others in this room, I will add them. And there is one nude :) but not fantasy pics.

Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Thank you for your answer. I don't know exactly how many 4k maps are in that scene. With other scenes, I hided all of objects which wasn't in the camera lens. But for this room it's a block and I can't do anything. Have you some tips or links which explain how to downsize surface maps? without scene optimizer.

For my personnal opinion, I prefer photorealism. You are terribly right with the fact that it can be boring but it can also be more attractive if it's well done. I began with DAZ 1 month ago and I'm still looking my style. I saw lots of render in this site and in DeviantArt and it's really better (for me) when we are questionning on some pics if it was real or not. Another big part is environment, staging, poses, camera's position, artistic direction and yes, some non real pics are lots of better than if it was realist.
I don't necessary want to show pussy or nipples all the times. I want sexy pics but not always nude pics. I made others in this room, I will add them. And there is one nude :) but not fantasy pics.

Thanks for your feedback
The optimizer is the fastest way. I would always advocate purchasing legitimately from the store, but someone has provided it here. https://f95zone.to/threads/scene-optimizer-mar-2019.9973/

Downsizing? You basically shrink the maps. MS Paint can do that, but it's manual if you're not using an optimizer.
Think of it this way. If your image is 4K UHD, the dimensions are 3,840 pixels by 2,160 pixels. Many modern figures are using full 4K maps at 4,096 by 4,096 pixels. When your eyeball or your arm texture is 4,096 pixels, and you're rendering a full scene at 3,840 by 2,160, you do not need most of the pixels in your map. Optimization is a big issue if you're trying to fit everything onto a gfx card especially.

The other thing is understanding the tool, the Iray materials, what they do. For instance, Normals are generally going to be used for closeup work, and you don't always need to turn them on. Bump, displacement more for the distant shots. Don't always use the Normals. Use them sparingly.

As for photoreal... my argument is always Pixar. Pixar does NOT light for realism. They light scenes for effect. That is, IMO, the true art of lighting. Being able to go from a realistic point of view to the ability to light scenes for effect is a real skill that the masters in this art have.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
I have randomly changed their height from the shaping tab. Should I measure it with some scale? Any product suggestion?
View attachment 693374
I like the body as they are and I still haven't changed 1st 5th models shape one last time yet. Ignore the clothing, they are just for tests. As for the breasts I was using default ones that come with the models but I am going to try Breastacular now since I want lots of options. Default is good but I want more like Suppleness, natural Cleavage, morphing to the touch, and whatever it can offer. I was going to try Dforce on default but scratch that. Breastacular seems interesting and saves me the time which will cost me for simulations.
Regarding height, just make sure other things match. Like if you make someone way shorter but keep arms long it'll look weird. You can change the scale of the entire figure to like 95% or 97% or something. There is also measure metrics.

What I like to with height, is I make a primitive and assign it the height I want of a character. So for example, I want someone to be 6 feet tall, I know that's 72 inches. So I make a primitive that height, drop character to the floor and play around until their head just peeks over the primitive and I know if I do em all that way the heights will be relatively correct. Might be worth a shot.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Do you have any way to fix the cleavage? Especially on something people are familiar with, the vacuum sealed cups look is strange.
I use Marvelous Designer, but you can try D-Force. Also you can get some good results with Fit Control and Mesh Grabber. It'd be too hard to go over everything, but I think there are some posts about some of these. You could also google and look into these. I think the easiest would be either Fit Control or Mesh Grabber.

Jul 14, 2018
I like how it looks :LOL:
Fair enough.

I use Marvelous Designer, but you can try D-Force. Also you can get some good results with Fit Control and Mesh Grabber. It'd be too hard to go over everything, but I think there are some posts about some of these. You could also google and look into these. I think the easiest would be either Fit Control or Mesh Grabber.
Of the two, while Mesh Grabber is a lot more labor intensive, it seems to generate far better results. Or would in the hands of someone who isn't me, but even being as awful as I am with it, it does more predictable results. Fit Control also seems very focused on ... well, large traditional pieces of clothing. Odder, more piecemeal pieces (sleeves that aren't part of a shirt, for example) it doesn't seem to know what to do with.

• Haha
Reactions: ArturiousDesign
Jul 14, 2018
So I need second opinions here.

1 is how I've been doing her. I've been okay with it, but I feel like she often looks overly pasted-in and not like she was there.
khern blowjob topless Test 1.png
2 is trying a different method, but I think I overcompensated and she's too bright.
khern blowjob topless Test 2.png
3 is a combination of the two methods. So far, I'm thinking I should do that.
khern blowjob topless Test 3.png
Anyone have any thoughts?

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017

1 is how I've been doing her. I've been okay with it, but I feel like she often looks overly pasted-in and not like she was there.
View attachment 694203
2 is trying a different method, but I think I overcompensated and she's too bright.
View attachment 694204
View attachment 694202
You may want to experiment with some depth of field, so that the background is a bit soft compared to her so she sticks out better. Also, there is a slight shadow on the wall, but you may want to bump up some lights so it's a bit more. If you stand that close to a wall, or we see the floor that close, you'd likely see a more noticeable shadow.

She's got though, so there's that :)

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020

View attachment 694203
View attachment 694204
View attachment 694202
By adding depth of field does that help any? Just wondering if the ground being slightly blurred helps with the illusion.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes