3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Fair enough.

Of the two, while Mesh Grabber is a lot more labor intensive, it seems to generate far better results. Or would in the hands of someone who isn't me, but even being as awful as I am with it, it does more predictable results. Fit Control also seems very focused on ... well, large traditional pieces of clothing. Odder, more piecemeal pieces (sleeves that aren't part of a shirt, for example) it doesn't seem to know what to do with.
The best will be a cloth sim, from Marvelous Designer, Blender, Maya, etc. But that get's pretty complicated if you don't know those programs. Even then, for example in MD, it's tough working with things with buttons, added stuff, etc. Basic shirts work best. Who knows, maybe in the next versions of Daz there will be some better options.

Jul 14, 2018
You may want to experiment with some depth of field, so that the background is a bit soft compared to her so she sticks out better. Also, there is a slight shadow on the wall, but you may want to bump up some lights so it's a bit more. If you stand that close to a wall, or we see the floor that close, you'd likely see a more noticeable shadow.

She's got though, so there's that :)
By adding depth of field does that help any? Just wondering if the ground being slightly blurred helps with the illusion.
May need to. I have an aversion to depth of field due to seeing it overused (as in, blurred to the point of nonsense) so much.

And that's supposed to be the floor. As you can see in this test where I thought the arm positioning wasn't so bad, rendered, and said "Oh god no"

arm pose test oh god no no no no no no.png

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Many styles are overused in Daz.
It's the nature of the hobby.

Until you get to the "super artistic, that's totally his/her style, I can see it right away" level of artistry, it's kind of hard to turn down anything that improves an image, IMO.

(I know I'm not at that stage of art.)

Reactions: MovieMike

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, I've been using Golden Palace, its fine for most poses, but the lines definitely show up when the legs are spread.

Eh, I wanted to do something quick and dirty. But thanks for the comment.

Jul 14, 2018
Jackie, one of the girls from my project, in a night of insomnia.
Do you guys have any tip to improve the renders, apart from the obvious "make her nude"? For now, my work seems... plain...
View attachment 694363
Your rendering wider than you are tall, but your figure is taller than she is wide. She's basically getting lost in the sea of WhoGivesAShit to the sides.

Keeping the 16:9 ratio but doing portrait instead of landscape would get something like this - basic.png

Maybe zoom that out a bit so she's not about to exit the frame, but you get the idea. She's now the focus and her expression, positioning, etc is what you're paying attention to, not the bar behind her or the big-ass couch she's on.

Of course, if it's a render for a game, you can't really do tricks like that. So do the best you can -

basic.png

Focus is still on her face and body language, and you've cut out the unimportant stuff.

Reactions: GNVE

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Your rendering wider than you are tall, but your figure is taller than she is wide. She's basically getting lost in the sea of WhoGivesAShit to the sides.

Keeping the 16:9 ratio but doing portrait instead of landscape would get something like this - View attachment 694369

Maybe zoom that out a bit so she's not about to exit the frame, but you get the idea. She's now the focus and her expression, positioning, etc is what you're paying attention to, not the bar behind her or the big-ass couch she's on.

Of course, if it's a render for a game, you can't really do tricks like that. So do the best you can -

View attachment 694370

Focus is still on her face and body language, and you've cut out the unimportant stuff.
Thanks for that! This is actually of the backgrounds for the main menu of my game, but this is something that I'll really take a look later on the future ones.

Reactions: TheAmazingRolandder

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Do you guys have any tip to improve the renders, apart from the obvious "make her nude"? For now, my work seems... plain...
View attachment 694363
It is a good render, don't be too hard on yourself (we can be our worst critiques sometimes). Though, the left side of the image feels very empty, you could probably crop it to that black stool in the background or add maybe a notebook on the couch she was reading.

You could also try changing the camera angle, other than a straight on shot (which is not a bad thing). Lighting is a big part also, not everything needs to be well lit, having a lamp light in the scene suddenly isolates her in the room and draws more attention to her.

While I do appreciate the nude/nsfw renders here, I find some of the clothed ones more sexy at times. The excitement comes from what is hidden from me and the anticipation of uncovering what is there.

Keep up the good work

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for that! This is actually of the backgrounds for the main menu of my game, but this is something that I'll really take a look later on the future ones.
In that case, lay her out. No reason for her to be sitting when she can be laying on her side, stretched out and giving the wide frame a reason to be wide.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
View attachment 694363
Besides the already mentioned things, i'd make the couch a bit smaller and change the texture of it, it looks too big imo and then give the poor render more iterations or use a denoiser because there is a lot of grain in it. To finish it off you might even want reduce the blurr of the FOV a bit, but thats completly depending on your taste.

Reactions: Unexpected Error
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes