3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Yeah, flipping things upside down or sideways is a very good way to use dForce. People get consumed with reality, and don't think sideways like that. Gravity is down, but those models don't live in the real world.

Wind through the hair or the clothes is another example. Just tilt your character for the sim. Don't fuck with wind nodes, which can be hard to visualize and use. Let the sim gravity apply the force.

Anyway, no dForce here. Just putting my toon through different poses to see how she works.

toony2.jpg

May 12, 2020
Neat! Never thought of doing it that way. I usually turn off the gravity and air resistance on the surface. Then park the figures slightly above the surface and run a little 5 frame animation that collides them with the surface. I wonder which one would simulate faster...
not sure never thought of your way.
did a stop watch to see how long the sim lasted from start until i stopped it.

1 min 6 sec on an old computer i use just for designing.
bed test.JPG

finish

bed test 2.JPG

May 12, 2020
That seems pretty quick. I think the animated method I use might be comparable. It really depends on whether you have other props to contend with or not.
right, if i wanted to do a blanket to then i would have to do it in a separate file, then merge in the bed after all other normal sims are done. not sure if there is an easier way, but it works for me for right now lol. I'll be messing with it more tomorrow have to work on some designs for my game right now.
play time is over haha

let me know what you think if your way is better I'ld love to know how it's done.

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
right, if i wanted to do a blanket to then i would have to do it in a separate file, then merge in the bed after all other normal sims are done. not sure if there is an easier way, but it works for me for right now lol. I'll be messing with it more tomorrow have to work on some designs for my game right now.
play time is over haha

let me know what you think if your way is better I'ld love to know how it's done.
Did a little test for shits and giggles. This was a 5 frame animated simulation. No change to the pose, just had her hover over the bed and then drop into position. Ran a stopwatch and it took like 3 seconds. Helps that there's nothing in the scene and she's without hair and clothes. I have decent hardware so that's probably another factor, albeit a minor one for this.

As quick as that was, I don't think there's a "best" way. It really depends on what you're trying to do. More tools in the kit allows you to be more flexible, more creative. And discovering new ways to do things is fun...at least for me it is. That's what I love about this thread. Lots of mini discoveries happening all over the place and lots of amazing artwork to help inspire me with my own.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Don't know shit about coding in ren'py sorry.
For a linear game it's no more complicated than creating a scene on daz. In sdk ren'py, there is an example of a game(the_question) with a super basic code; in 5 minutes (time to understand what variables do for characters, how to write dialogs, how to display images, how to add a menu and jump to switch from one scene to another) you can make your own.

Reactions: DoctorPervic

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Don't know shit about coding in ren'py sorry.
Just curious, if you were to do a game, what would the story be about? Do you have any ideas. Actually I could do a quick game for you if you had an idea on the story line :) I think the hardest part or the most time consuming would be the rendering and positioning of the camera to tell the story right.

For a linear game it's no more complicated than creating a scene on daz. In sdk ren'py, there is an example of a game(the_question) with a super basic code; in 5 minutes (time to understand what variables do for characters, how to write dialogs, how to display images, how to add a menu and jump to switch from one scene to another) you can make your own.
I agree, coding a linear game is super easy, i do it all the time and i know hardly anything about coding. I do 3D modeling for a living, if I ever touched on coding my head would explode, but with Renpy its pretty easy. :)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes