3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks, But I think did very little work. All the magic is done by the backdrop. My work was just getting pose match perspective, some lights, and some tone mapping. With backdrop, rendering took 2 mins max. I would give all the credit to original image here:

I tried some methods and tinkered settings with Daz but came to the conclusion that its best done in the post because that backdrop has such tricky soft shadows if you look at the trees. I knew I would fail which is why I did it cause I want to see how far I can go. I will redo it tomorrow.
Still, it looks good mate. One more suggestion if I may. You can create a sphere spotlight right above her head and move it a bit back and adjust bloom to achieve realistic lighting effect that can sorta consume her horns (they are called horns right?). If you play with the sphere height you can probably achieve the same soft shadows too. Just a suggestion tho. :D Good luck tomorrow :D

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
I would create a shadowcatcher primitive below the character or render with dome-off ground-on style to be able to transfer the shadows to the post composition mate. Nice lighting btw :D
Could you please elaborate on that shadow catcher thing please ?

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Could you please elaborate on that shadow catcher thing please ?
Thats a bit long to explain mate. You can check page with the demo images and instructions. It is basically a primitive to catch the shadows without letting itself show in the render. You can think of it like casting shadow to the air itself. Planar surfaces can be shadowed that way like a bench, wall, ground, table, wardrobe etc. Or you can catch the shadow separately and try to warp it over more complicated surfaces via Photoshop or any powerful image editor out there.

Peter020

Aug 4, 2018
First: None of these images have post-processing. It came straight out of the Daz Studio.
Second: No, I don't create any games. One image can take three or four hours of work. At this rate, it would take me six months to make a 5-minute game. I'm not ready to waste that much time.
Yep, quality art is time-consuming, but it's definitely worth it. Wow great job on getting Daz to create these quality of images.

Reactions: Suileef

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Yep, quality art is time-consuming, but it's definitely worth it. Wow great job on getting Daz to create these quality of images.
I agree. and in my opinion when creating a game you must find the middle Gold. Be able to produce quality art and incredible speed. Otherwise it will take you ages to create your first game.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Test rendering. I hate when eyes don't end up looking at the cam. Yeah, I know some products on Daz but can't buy it yet. I always end up spot rendering them later. Backdrops have one issue. its shadows. I will have to post-work shadows on this one when it renders. Oops! Maybe the breasts are too big. Hohoho.
View attachment 703673
? You don't need products for that. Just in eye parameters set Point at: to camera you are using for the render. Works fine for me everytime.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I just do it manually and it works great for me. However i mostly like the character to be looking at something or someone, I think it gives more character that way. because sometimes when the character is looking right at you, it's kind of like a blank stare.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
? You don't need products for that. Just in eye parameters set Point at: to camera you are using for the render. Works fine for me everytime.
Indeed it works but its bug a little, like loading a duf with this option makes the eyes no longer look at the camera at all and you have to remove pointing at it and put the option back. And you also have to check the settings of the expressions for the eyes because "side by side" and "up and down" and others always directs the eyes so the best is to put these parameters close to zero, because light adjustments allows to refine the eyes fixed on the cam.

Otherwise there's that

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
Thats a bit long to explain mate. You can check page with the demo images and instructions. It is basically a primitive to catch the shadows without letting itself show in the render. You can think of it like casting shadow to the air itself. Planar surfaces can be shadowed that way like a bench, wall, ground, table, wardrobe etc. Or you can catch the shadow separately and try to warp it over more complicated surfaces via Photoshop or any powerful image editor out there.
Thanks ! This is going to save me a lot of render time ! (Here I just render the girl and the environment separately)

Shadoow2fff.png

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Worked on some dialogue renders last night. I'm happy with them.
I still have to lay in the city background outside the window though.

What do you think?

View attachment 703911 View attachment 703912
Great images mate. Lighting is top notch. Only thing I would tweak is the expression on the second picture. For some reason, I really don't know why, it didn't strike me as natural as it should be.

May 12, 2020
Great images mate. Lighting is top notch. Only thing I would tweak is the expression on the second picture. For some reason, I really don't know why, it didn't strike me as natural as it should be.
Thank you
your right, it is a little flat now that you mentioned it. its part of a series of panels from a conversation though...
here are a few more of her part of the conversation, how do you feel about these?

untitled-3.png
untitled-4.png

Reactions: TheAmazingRolandder

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Thank you
your right, it is a little flat now that you mentioned it. its part of a series of panels from a conversation though...
here are a few more of her part of the conversation, how do you feel about these?

View attachment 703937
View attachment 703938
I don't know mate. You know how expressions differ from character to character. You might wanna tweak the facials via powerpose interface or dial it down like 5-10%. I feel like a normal person would not exaggerate her emotions that much unless the said emotion has a pretty powerful drive behind it. It all depends on the context. Maybe they are talking about something really grotesque :D But if you haven't tried, definitely check out the powerpose.

May 12, 2020
I don't know mate. You know how expressions differ from character to character. You might wanna tweak the facials via powerpose interface or dial it down like 5-10%. I feel like a normal person would not exaggerate her emotions that much unless the said emotion has a pretty powerful drive behind it. It all depends on the context. Maybe they are talking about something really grotesque :D But if you haven't tried, definitely check out the powerpose.
Thanks for the input.
It is a pretty intense emotional conversation but yeah, i'm going to review it. The character has a strong personality, take no shit says what she is thinking.
definitely gave me something to think about.
and yeah, I've worked with power pose.
and i don't know man... I've known a few drama queens in my life, i'm related to a few of them, lol

Reactions: KlodowWW
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes