3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Kentyrr

Chasing Sunsets Dev/Artist
Game Developer
Nov 29, 2019
Hello to all. I am new here, new in DAZ and new in English. Please point me to my mistakes in English, otherwise I will continue to repeat them. Thank you. I really hope that my publication does not violate any rules of this site, I want to be a law-abiding member of this community.

Some time ago, I discovered this thread, I scrolled over 100+ pages and saved every art that I liked and inspired me and decided that I would try to do the same even if it wouldn't be as good.

There are many talented artists and many times more wonderful works. Here are just a few of them for example: blackonis, Glacerose, VDawe, LazyDreamer3D, xx23xx, SecsMurphy, EagleTime, Lewd4D. Also Tristan Q Everett and X3rr4 are very active and consistently perform well. And I would like to separately mention those whose work I found high quality and liked the most: lexx228, CulayTL, LBW, 5ickcycl3, Hypnosystem3D. As I said, there are a lot of great artists and I probably missed many of them.

I chose one of the kentyrr 's artworks (I really like his characters) as a starting point. They collected quite a lot of likes and I’m wondering how many likes my one gets.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As I said at the beginning, I started working in DAZ just recently and it’s still difficult for me to setting up lighting and etc,
it was quite difficult and it turned far from good... I mean, it's not even 8K, just 4K. And also this logo... No comments. I have never been good at creating logos. But I hope this is not a too-bad start.

View attachment 705749 View attachment 705750

I have a hard time with the initial setup of my Patreon and also have some problems with the account settings here on F95ZONE. I would be very grateful if someone helped me with this and answered some of my stupid questions about all this, here or in private messages. Sorry for such a long post and thank you.
Wow, I'm truly humbled for including me in with these other artists that you have mentioned. Much appreciated! The renders you chose of mine are my attempts to recreate the character from late Chatterbox's VN called "Lexi". I have not been able to get her dialed in just right, but still trying! Lexi is not my creation, just a huge fan of the VN. I do have 2 original characters that have been posted here recently, Lisa (brunette) and Jaye (redhead, 2nd version).

I myself just started working with Daz just under 3 months ago, and all I can suggest is practice as much as you can, watch tutorial videos, ask for advice from other artists, and just have fun! Don't do it for likes on a website. Create something for YOU and share it with everyone. It doesn't matter what kind of content you make, whether it be simple portraits like the ones you post (they are awesome by the way), or complex environment renders. When you have a vision for a render, just try and make it. And don't compare your work with others, develop your own style and expand on it. Last thing, pay special attention to lighting a scene, that's a big thing when creating these renders. That's the best advice I can give, coming from someone who is still a newb at this stuff. Love to see more work from you!

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
10 mins ago my pc froze. So i had to forcefully restart it but then nothing was showing on screen even after clicking on restart button and i realized it was still frozen so i tried restarting ups to shut cpu and now when i click on cpu start key. It isn't powering up. I am not a hardware guy so what could be the issue?

Pc was running from 7-8 hours. I wasn't doing anything stressful. There was a noise in the headphones when the freeze happened. There was a BSOD couple days ago nvlddmkm.sys but i don't think it could be related because that day pc was under stress cause i had game running to make an hdri inside it and test on daz. Daz was also running in back.
Oi mate. I've worked for a tech support store for like 10 years mainly fixing component related issues like directly playing with the circuit board of a gpu or stuff like that. I might be able to help you but these things are better handled if the fixer has the device itself. But from what you have described, which is a pretty good description of the issue btw, I suspect a few things might have happened.
First of all lets go for the obvious. nvlddmkm.sys can happen as a result of two things. Either your gpu has worked so hard that one or more components on the board just fried or hard work caused a f*ck up with the drivers. Most of the time this can be checked with a clean install of the OS. I would just take the gpu out, open up the plastic cover with the fans really carefully and dust it off. If a serious burn on the component itself happened, you can even see the problematic part while cleaning the board. After that if nothing strikes me as unusual I would plug it into my test system. (Hardware guys usually have a spare system with really basic components to test stuff out on the fly like hdd, ssd, ram, gpu and psu) If the error repeats on the test system I would say the gpu is a goner. Now I am pretty sure you don't have a test system or a spare computer laying around I would suggest installing a Win10 OS to an USB Drive preferably with capacity over 32gb and unplug every hard drive in my computer, boot the computer with the USB drive OS and check the issue.
Also you can force your computer to a safe start and manually delete the driver and reinstall it. But if you can't get any signal to your monitor to be able to do that, again, gpu might be a goner.

You said when you push the button pc is not powering up. But how is that happening exactly? I mean you push the button, fans start spinning up a bit and stops completely or literally nothing happens when you press it?

If fans start spinning up and stop your power supply might have fried something not so significant so that it can run but with a lower power output. If that is the case, that PSU only have a couple of weeks left before dying completely and presumably taking a couple of components with her in the process. If nothing happens, PSU is already gone.

Also, if fans start spinning up but stop after a moment, your CPU or RAM's might not be passing the boot sequence which means one or both of those can be fried. Most of the modern motherboards have a strip of leds that light up when a component is starting its boot sequence. When the CPU starts the boot sequence you can see the CPU light flashing or lighting up constantly. If CPU finishes the sequence cpu light keep lighting and RAM light start lighting with it or flashing. Same thing goes for most of the components like HDD's SSD's and even GPU depending on the motherboard. You can simply remove the left side cover of your case and watch the process as you push the power button.

You really don't need stress to fry your stuff by the way. %10 voltage unstability be it +10%or-10% with .3 second intervals for 3 seconds straight is enough to burn your stuff depending on your power socket/outlet/cable quality and even the houses cable work.

We are in the summer mate. Whatever the case, clean your computer. Dust is the main enemy of anything electrical. Really if you keep your device clean, you eliminate like the %99 of the burning chance. That %1 sadly comes from the part itself. Every man made contraption has its lifespan mate. One can't expect it to run forever.

Pro Tip: If the issue is resolved somehow, definitely open up your gpu, clean it and take out the heatsink. You should see the thermal fluid and where it is supposed to be. Clean that up with rubbing alcohol and apply new thermal fluid. That will also ensure that your gpu will live a bit longer than its lifespan. Feel free to follow up with the results or new developments mate. I'll try my best to help you out.

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Oi mate. I've worked for a tech support store for like 10 years mainly fixing component related issues like directly playing with the circuit board of a gpu or stuff like that. I might be able to help you but these things are better handled if the fixer has the device itself. But from what you have described, which is a pretty good description of the issue btw, I suspect a few things might have happened.
First of all lets go for the obvious. nvlddmkm.sys can happen as a result of two things. Either your gpu has worked so hard that one or more components on the board just fried or hard work caused a f*ck up with the drivers. Most of the time this can be checked with a clean install of the OS. I would just take the gpu out, open up the plastic cover with the fans really carefully and dust it off. If a serious burn on the component itself happened, you can even see the problematic part while cleaning the board. After that if nothing strikes me as unusual I would plug it into my test system. (Hardware guys usually have a spare system with really basic components to test stuff out on the fly like hdd, ssd, ram, gpu and psu) If the error repeats on the test system I would say the gpu is a goner. Now I am pretty sure you don't have a test system or a spare computer laying around I would suggest installing a Win10 OS to an USB Drive preferably with capacity over 32gb and unplug every hard drive in my computer, boot the computer with the USB drive OS and check the issue.
Also you can force your computer to a safe start and manually delete the driver and reinstall it. But if you can't get any signal to your monitor to be able to do that, again, gpu might be a goner.

You said when you push the button pc is not powering up. But how is that happening exactly? I mean you push the button, fans start spinning up a bit and stops completely or literally nothing happens when you press it?

If fans start spinning up and stop your power supply might have fried something not so significant so that it can run but with a lower power output. If that is the case, that PSU only have a couple of weeks left before dying completely and presumably taking a couple of components with her in the process. If nothing happens, PSU is already gone.

Also, if fans start spinning up but stop after a moment, your CPU or RAM's might not be passing the boot sequence which means one or both of those can be fried. Most of the modern motherboards have a strip of leds that light up when a component is starting its boot sequence. When the CPU starts the boot sequence you can see the CPU light flashing or lighting up constantly. If CPU finishes the sequence cpu light keep lighting and RAM light start lighting with it or flashing. Same thing goes for most of the components like HDD's SSD's and even GPU depending on the motherboard. You can simply remove the left side cover of your case and watch the process as you push the power button.

You really don't need stress to fry your stuff by the way. %10 voltage unstability be it +10%or-10% with .3 second intervals for 3 seconds straight is enough to burn your stuff depending on your power socket/outlet/cable quality and even the houses cable work.

We are in the summer mate. Whatever the case, clean your computer. Dust is the main enemy of anything electrical. Really if you keep your device clean, you eliminate like the %99 of the burning chance. That %1 sadly comes from the part itself. Every man made contraption has its lifespan mate. One can't expect it to run forever.

Pro Tip: If the issue is resolved somehow, definitely open up your gpu, clean it and take out the heatsink. You should see the thermal fluid and where it is supposed to be. Clean that up with rubbing alcohol and apply new thermal fluid. That will also ensure that your gpu will live a bit longer than its lifespan. Feel free to follow up with the results or new developments mate. I'll try my best to help you out.
I confirm the problem with the power cable, and that's like BSODs/freeze that have nothing to do with the real problem. And I realized that my PC was freezing when I touched the 24-pin cord on the motherboard.

I thought Corsair was a good brand, it is, but only for RAM.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Gpu frying part is scary. It might be the case. It's working now. I can at the least clean it up a bit and see if the freeze or anything happens again after some use. If it did i will have to call some hardware guy. I know one who assembled the PC but if gpu is really fried. I wil be in big problem.

Thanks for lengthy explantion. I appreciate it. I almost gave up on PC.

Edit: i should atleast backup the important stuff to external hard disk while it's still running.
Good news mate. If its working now its probably heat related. You might wanna check your under load and idle temps. Sometimes when the gpu overheat ,which can happen even at idle if its pretty dusty, it temporarily shuts itself down to prevent burning up. This can be observed on AMD gpus really good cuz when that happens screen goes black for a second, when it comes back a warning appears from the bottom right corner saying AMD catalyst drivers crashed or saved or sth like that. Now when that happens on nVidia gpus, it usually kills the system processes altogether to prevent reuse of the gpu until a certain cooldown period has passed. Meaning of this, you will hear the sound of the last 0.3 seconds in an irritating loop over and over again which suggests that hdmi sound process has interfered with the system while shutting down. Latest image of the screen usually stays on the screen and everything basically freezes. At that point gpu still thinks it can be saved without shutting down the whole system yet even if it is not possible gpu can not differ a second from an hour, so it stays at that state until the issue is resolved. Reason of this is the same thing actually happens whenever you overload the gpu with a process it can not handle properly. While playing a game that your gpu can't run properly a sudden freeze and a sound bug happens but that thing happens for a milisecond or so. To sum it up, gpu doesn't know how to classify simple errors so basically it thinks every single tingle that happens is a heart attack :D

TLDR: Check the temps, clean up, apply new thermal paste and if it is overheating get a couple of good fans to modify your case. Or wait till the summer is over :D

SerokMinmas

Sep 6, 2016
I've never been much of a render-head, but I started playing around with DAZ, this is basically the first thing that I tried rendering, got most of the stuff on the assets release thread.

Wanted to try some stuff with colored lighting and darkness, does it look any good, is this decent, suggestions to improve?

I liked doing it, these things can be pretty fun!

test2.png

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I confirm the problem with the power cable, and that's like BSODs/freeze that have nothing to do with the real problem. And I realized that my PC was freezing when I touched the 24-pin cord on the motherboard.

I thought Corsair was a good brand, it is, but only for RAM.
Going for brands is something I've stopped doing shortly after I've started working at the tech store. Also, %95 of the time reaaaaaalllly strange and unthinkable thing is causing the problem. Once I was working on a clients case, we were like 4 guys working there and all of us were sure about the issue is caused by PSU. After a week of work, it turns out the BIOS battery was shorting :D

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes