3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Can anyone suggest to me how to get city map top view type picture for map navigation in-game? I want something that I can expand later on.

For example this picture in one of the games I was just browsing.
That particular map is from a city building strategy/sim game called Cities:Skylines. Other than creating your map from a 3D software or getting a screenshot from a game like Cities, I have no idea on how to get a map mate. Just wanted to clarify that the image you shared is actually from another game.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
That particular map is from a city building strategy/sim game called Cities:Skylines. Other than creating your map from a 3D software or getting a screenshot from a game like Cities, I have no idea on how to get a map mate. Just wanted to clarify that the image you shared is actually from another game.
Gta 5 to in 4k textured, mod director-cut it can be done

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Another thought.
I could make HDRI's from the game but I wonder if it's legal. I mean buying assets on Daz and making images from them seems nice but relying too much on Screenshots and HDRI's from another game. I wonder if it can bring problems later.
It's not legal, the editor can turn on you if you charge for your game. Unless the editor allows it..

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Screenshots should be safe though in a free game? Patreon is just for donations and support. I am not selling anything.
I'm making my own town on daz, it's fucking loooonnnnggggggggggg. (Three months already and I've only done half of it)

True, but you still make money using their graphics. (Copyright)

You're unlikely to get in trouble, but you never know...

Reactions: GNVE

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I once tried rendering an aerial view in Daz. PC almost died. Didn't do it again after that. I have this set assembled and made some slight edits for outside house renders but damn the aerial city picture is one hell of an issue. I still haven't tried the Scene optimizer. I wonder how much change I can get with that but not going to try it.
The problem with your map already is too banal, too white so not pleasant to look at it's better something in perspective. (That's still my point of view, following a remark made to me by a friend on a map I made, he wasn't wrong)
62.png

Then you had a hard time making your rendering because your camera is too high, and the buildings are too far away, which requires more resources to make the small details, that's why on small graphic cards you have to avoid things too far in the foreground, otherwise your computer is in agony.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Can anyone suggest to me how to get city map top view type picture for map navigation in-game? I want something that I can expand later on.

For example this picture in one of the games I was just browsing.
I'd probably just use some real town from google maps. Their pictures are free to use as long as you attribute them properly I think.

Jul 14, 2018
That looks super good. what asset is that gun arm?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At any rate, fingers and hand all set at .001% scale, forearm set at 25%, the Pixettic Puck put in position then parented to the forearm. The arm itself is the Arctek Cybernetic Arm.

I've tried the Amputation morph, but honestly it's not an amputation morph, it's a severing morph (provided you also have some sort of gore overlay) because it doesn't shrink/morph/invisible, but rather deflates and folds it all in, creating a weirdly flat stump with this absolute nonsense folded in to it, looks like garbage. It's far more time consuming, but looks better to just scale everything down.

Its a good idea but modding will take a long time.

Another thought.
I could make HDRI's from the game but I wonder if it's legal. I mean buying assets on Daz and making images from them seems nice but relying too much on Screenshots and HDRI's from another game. I wonder if it can bring problems later.
Part of what you're paying for when you buy assets is the legal rights to use them in stills and animations (and live control if you also throw another $50 at them).

You don't have those same rights with using screenshots from other games.

Whether or not you charge for your game makes no legal difference, but it does usually result in simply getting a Cease and Desist letter if you aren't charging (and yes, having a patreon where people give you money for "no reason" and it just happens to have download links to your game - law's gonna say that's charging)

Last edited:
Reactions: GNVE
Jul 14, 2018
You are right so ditching cities: skyline. I can't use other games. Then I have to find another method. Google map one is good but I will keep that as a last resort.
Same problem with Google Maps - you don't have the legal rights to use their images beyond as necessary to be a map.

on the other hand - double check the licensing, but those *should* be usable in almost any application.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
You are right so ditching cities: skyline. I can't use other games. Then I have to find another method. Google map one is good but I will keep that as a last resort.
You could do.

and if your PC will freek out, just render one building at a time in .PNG and then photoshop it all togeather. Just a thought

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
If you know how to handle a 3D software, you can use kitbash city objects and create your own town with that.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
2nd render effort.
This one was on the new machine. 15 minutes instead of 2 hours. Haven't tweaked the settings yet, could maybe cut the time down further. Still, it's in the ballpark for actually doing something. Still 0 out of 5 stars skill level but with another couple dozen attempts I think I can get up to half a star lol

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes