3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I will check that out. Any visible quality difference?
This image is using the resource saver texture.
Kiera Morning Routine Test.png
And this one is the original one that came with the hair. They are both the same hair btw, just bangs are stylized differently. 4H Render Test_nvidia.png
If you ask me, I will take 550mb less and be happy with more people in my renders. Currently the character you see on the top picture takes 362mb with everything you see on her. 550mb saving from the hair means I can almost squeeze 2 more Kiera's to my scene :D Which is what I am after since I'll include some pretty crowded scenes to my game.

Jul 14, 2018
Does this 2nd hair suit her as a replacement for the 1st? I am going with it but I guess I could use opinions.
Option 1 is a professional, has done the job for a while, and who has been working all day.

Option 2 is someone one week or so in on the job who is a little overwhelmed.

Mostly as people who wear uniforms are generally expected to look more put together, and the second hair is - while absolutely more realistic - not nearly as put together as the first.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I am trying to render animation right now. probably going to try 480p maybe 720p. Any tips before I hit render? just test rendering since its first.
Render as image series rather than video and combine images via an external software. It will take less time to complete that way and you can use lightroom to batch post-process all of the frames or use intel denoiser on them. Also if you are rendering lets say 60 frame animation, you can set frames 0 to 20 to render while you sleep. When you wake up do your stuff and again set 21 to 40 for render. This way you can easily divide your workload.

Jul 14, 2018
I have finally solved the issue with animation speed. Daz fps were not matching video editors fps so I've adjusted it a bit. Now its all smooth. View attachment 709192 View attachment 709204
They're good tests, but - and I say this figuring you're already aware - you want to get the torsos moving on the guy in the first one and the woman in the second. The absolute stiffness in them right now is killing the whole thing.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I was gonna say that too but I figured he should have noticed.

View attachment 709243

I animated the damn dick frame by frame. The body separately. RIP.
They're good tests, but - and I say this figuring you're already aware - you want to get the torsos moving on the guy in the first one and the woman in the second. The absolute stiffness in them right now is killing the whole thing.
Yea guys I am perfectly aware of that situation. They are just test renders mostly took 20 minutes to set up each. Was just trying to figure out that FPS issue. They are like galaxies away from being the final quality that will be in the game :D

Reactions: TheAmazingRolandder

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I am trying to render animation right now. probably going to try 480p maybe 720p. Any tips before I hit render? just test rendering since its first.
In my opinion I would do an image set, and render all images out with maybe only 10 or 20 iterations. The images will be really grainy but you will render out your animation super fast. Then Run all your images into the Nvidia Denoiser, then combine them in your video processor. I did an animation like this and it turned out Great.

You dont need much detail in an animation because the objects are always moving, So the denoiser works perfect.

Thats my 2 cents. :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes