3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I like the chain, just need a little adjustment.
just curious, cause you sound like you're trying to achieve a certain look by the "but by far the best result i have had" comment.
I was talking about the breast morph.
Also using 1 lightsource caused under exposure on some parts and over exposure on others.

May 12, 2020
I was talking about the breast morph.
Also using 1 lightsource caused under exposure on some parts and over exposure on others.
I, a photographer, would use a reflector with a one light source to help with that problem. It's still one light source but a reflector would fill in shadows so you wouldn't have to increase light source intensity... that's real world application.
In daz i use a plan to simulate this, but in daz I make the plan it's own light source for rendering reasons and so it behaves like it's real world counter part. It is the daz equivalent to real world reflector.
Just in case you don't know how to...
primitive plane as light source.
create the plane and under the surface tab set emission color to white, you can change the color or temperature to what ever color you want the reflective light to be. luminescence shouldn't be too high because the light is suppose to be a reflector, just enough to of set the main light and balance out the exposure issue. luminance units set to kcd/m2. if you want the plan to be virtually invisible set cutout opacity to .0001.
Then just position it. sure in daz it's a two light source but in real world it would still be one :)

Reactions: Mescalino

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
Hi Guys...

I am newbie in game developing. I am gonna launch a renp'y based visual novel and will launch game soon. Here are some Previews.

I hope I will get some support from you guys..... View attachment 751825 View attachment 751826 View attachment 751827 View attachment 751828 View attachment 751829 View attachment 751830 View attachment 751831 View attachment 751832
That last image is the best, since her eyes are more relaxed than with the others.
Try to keep their eyes a bit closed, otherwise they all look like they are staring at you, like they do in the other pics.
Also... try to play around a bit with lighting. Different colours, intensity and angles. It will make your renders look much more dynamic.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hi Guys...

I am newbie in game developing. I am gonna launch a renp'y based visual novel and will launch game soon. Here are some Previews.

I hope I will get some support from you guys..... View attachment 751825 View attachment 751826 View attachment 751827 View attachment 751828 View attachment 751829 View attachment 751830 View attachment 751831 View attachment 751832
My only constructive criticism is going to be about the lighting.
I'll take a educated guess, and say that you rendered the characters over background domes or planes, but, for some reason, you didn't remember to use the backgrounds as HDRI lights, and that delivers "flat" shaded characters, over well balanced environments, and they can't blend in as a unified final result.
In case you just blend them over through photoshop, I'd suggest examining each background you'll use, and point down the angle and bearing of the light sources on each, to recreate them, as close as possible in DAZ. Oh, and color/temperature of the light sources, you don't want a warm indoors lighting, for a cold fluorescent, or pure sunlight background

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hi Guys...

What's wrong with her eyes? Is she some crazy maniac alien who's gonna eat MC alive? :oops:
Do yourself a favor and don't use camera lights, or lights that come directly from the camera position.
Render with the guy, the scale is off, the colors don't match and the shadows are too harsh, better use some softlights there. Guy looks like he want's to say something, but his mouth is closed.
Second render in the living room misses the hdri background. If it's supposed to be a night scene, just reduce the environment intensity.
Third render in the living room... those eyes... the second girl has the iray bug, have a look in the forum, it's a known issue.
Laste render, when you swap textures, make sure they fit, or use tiling to make them fit.
Make sure your characters and extremities aren't floating above objects, like the elbows in the last one, the hands over the chest in the last livingroom one, the feet over the ground, etc.
You really should have a look at some lighting tutorials.
Looks like you have some good hardware, if you use it properly and stop using only presets you could make a great game (visually).

gagamel1

Donor
Nov 17, 2017
I'm working on a comic, here are some WIP pics from it. The plot is:
There's a young student and rumors on campus about his abnormally huge dick. Lara knows about this as well. He is not progressing well with his archaeology studies, so Lara gives him a chance to do his best for a better grade...
View attachment 752317
View attachment 752318
Nicely done, but Im so tired of horsecocks.

Reactions: recreation
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes