3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Red... Inspired by many things. I used the render in a box and removed the Christmas tree and stuff and build from there.
Turned out pretty well. The light you see is the only light source in the scene. ceiling lamp from ghost lighting 2. Worked out pretty well i think.

Red In-A-Box.jpg

Hope you like it too.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Tsundere Brat Little Sister calls her Neet Older Brother

LS: "Hey Perv, Get in your dirty car and come pick me up from the mall; I bought a bunch of cute clothes and you need to help me. If you somehow wash the stink off you, maybe I'll model them for you when we get home. And you better not embarrass me in front of my friends when you get here!"

Tsun Bitch Sister Call.jpg

BlakPanther

Jul 26, 2020
That last image is the best, since her eyes are more relaxed than with the others.
Try to keep their eyes a bit closed, otherwise they all look like they are staring at you, like they do in the other pics.
Also... try to play around a bit with lighting. Different colours, intensity and angles. It will make your renders look much more dynamic.
I really appreciate your feedback for my images. I feel sometimes that there is something eye problem in my scenes. I tried to overcome that problem but after so many tries, I get this result. I know this is still not acceptable but can you suggest me something for that eyes problem? may be you can show me some Picture based guideline.... In my game I used camera as third person view(MC) so in every picture character looks like they are looking in to Camera.

BlakPanther

Jul 26, 2020
My only constructive criticism is going to be about the lighting.
I'll take a educated guess, and say that you rendered the characters over background domes or planes, but, for some reason, you didn't remember to use the backgrounds as HDRI lights, and that delivers "flat" shaded characters, over well balanced environments, and they can't blend in as a unified final result.
In case you just blend them over through photoshop, I'd suggest examining each background you'll use, and point down the angle and bearing of the light sources on each, to recreate them, as close as possible in DAZ. Oh, and color/temperature of the light sources, you don't want a warm indoors lighting, for a cold fluorescent, or pure sunlight background
I really appreciates your feedback for my images.I don't know How to use HDRI Lights in backgrounds. Can you please guide me or suggest me some tutorials? I will try to learn it and will apply in my renders.

BlakPanther

Jul 26, 2020
What's wrong with her eyes? Is she some crazy maniac alien who's gonna eat MC alive? :oops:
Do yourself a favor and don't use camera lights, or lights that come directly from the camera position.
Render with the guy, the scale is off, the colors don't match and the shadows are too harsh, better use some softlights there. Guy looks like he want's to say something, but his mouth is closed.
Second render in the living room misses the hdri background. If it's supposed to be a night scene, just reduce the environment intensity.
Third render in the living room... those eyes... the second girl has the iray bug, have a look in the forum, it's a known issue.
Laste render, when you swap textures, make sure they fit, or use tiling to make them fit.
Make sure your characters and extremities aren't floating above objects, like the elbows in the last one, the hands over the chest in the last livingroom one, the feet over the ground, etc.
You really should have a look at some lighting tutorials.
Looks like you have some good hardware, if you use it properly and stop using only presets you could make a great game (visually).
Thanks for reply me in deep with my images.I really appreciate your feedback for my images. I feel sometimes that there is something eye problem in my scenes. I tried to overcome that problem but after so many tries, I get this result. I know this is still not acceptable but can you suggest me something for that eyes problem? may be you can show me some Picture based guideline.... In my game I used camera as third person view(MC) so in every picture character looks like they are looking in to Camera. You also told that there is some iray bug in my second image... What is it? Can you show me some tutorials to overcome that type of problem? I have rendered about 100+ images for my first episode of game release. Now it will be hard to render all image again... If can you suggest something more relevant that does not take much time it will be best for me. I want to release game on 15 Aug ,so Please help me regarding this.

Nov 28, 2019
I'm having serious lighting issues with iray. This was the most decent set up I came up with that resulted from me pressing a lot of buttons.
View attachment 752454
If you are like me and your attention span is about as long as it takes to write "attention span", here are two videos by the guy doing Thundorn Games that changed my understanding of positioning and setting up camera(s) and light immensely and are nicely short, compact and easy to follow (so the complete opposite of my sentence here):
"#1 The basics of Daz Studio"

"Daz Studio Pro Tips: Lighting your characters for re-using with multiple backgrounds"

Reactions: Morgan42
Nov 28, 2019
I'm working on a comic, here are some WIP pics from it. The plot is:
There's a young student and rumors on campus about his abnormally huge dick. Lara knows about this as well. He is not progressing well with his archaeology studies, so Lara gives him a chance to do his best for a better grade...
I LIKE! And I am very far from tired of horse cock stories ;) :D Looking forward to checking out the finished comic when you're done!

zOh

May 4, 2020
I'm having serious lighting issues with iray. This was the most decent set up I came up with that resulted from me pressing a lot of buttons.
View attachment 752454
Not bad tbh.

Wall is too bright and the position of the keylight might need to be closer to the camera (to light just a bit more of her face) but that's about it. Shadows might be too hard too but shadow-hardness is all preference/mood. Nothing inherently wrong with hard shadows.

But like, I don't see anything inherently wrong with the lighting. No goofy shadows, no double-shadows, no retina-searing highlights.

Reactions: Morgan42
Nov 28, 2019
(Tatsu2050).Penny.Powers.Sweaty.Penny.Powers.flexing.Biceps.and.a.Smile.(iRay).png I'm working on improving my DAZ3D skills by developing a character for possible comics. Her name is "Penny Powers", a smart and funny 19 year old gym rat and martial artist, who loves to dominate her opponents in the ring but enjoys being dominated sexually.
Shape and poses are going to be mostly self-made, so the character doesn't look to generic in a comic. It'll be "Penny Powers", not "Eve for Victoria 8 starring as Blah in Bloob, using the collected pose works of Z" etc. ;)

The facial expression in this example here isn't self-made, though, still working on expressions :)

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
I really appreciate your feedback for my images. I feel sometimes that there is something eye problem in my scenes. I tried to overcome that problem but after so many tries, I get this result. I know this is still not acceptable but can you suggest me something for that eyes problem? may be you can show me some Picture based guideline.... In my game I used camera as third person view(MC) so in every picture character looks like they are looking in to Camera.
I am in no way an expert when it comes to daz, but i'll try to help. The lighting is incredibly simple here, with only 1 spotlight aiming directly at her face.
face plain.png
Here i changed nothing about the face. No expressions of any kind, and it looks a bit like she is staring at you, almost wide-eyed. This is relatively unnatural for the real world.(i think)

Face relax.png
Here i relaxed her eyes , making the expression a bit tired, but also more natural. Eyes are almost never wide open, unless you are shocked or surprised etc.

Face cheeky.png
Here i just changed the angle a little bit, gave her a slight smile and moved one corner of the mouth up a bit. Her eyes are not relaxed, but both are 5-10% closed, matching the height of the eyebrows. This (i think at least :) gives her a bit of a cheeky expression, as if she is slightly amused by whatever you just did or showed her.

Play around a bit with the dials on the right of your screen and get the morphs for them. Look them up on the Daz store or on this site in the asset lists.

As for the lighting, or anything you want to learn about Daz.. i suggest watching the WP Guru on Youtube. He has a large number of videos on Daz in which he explains a lot:

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I really appreciates your feedback for my images.I don't know How to use HDRI Lights in backgrounds. Can you please guide me or suggest me some tutorials? I will try to learn it and will apply in my renders.
It's very easy, actually, once you go past the "but there are no lights loaded" first instinctive objection.
HDRI, that stands for "High Dynamic Range Image" are images, that load the entire range of lightness, from absolute zero (pitch black) to 100% luminosity (pure white). Unlike regular image formats, HDR goes beyond the industry standards on HSL values, making them not only a great creative way to produce real-like skies, but have them illuminate the scenery, on the exact same way the sky does in real life.
Applied to the "dome", their brightest region (there's almost always at least one very bright area on each HDRI image, for this very purpose) will act like the environmental light source. If it's an outdoors HDRI, that means "sun" or "moon", with the blue sky complimenting that light source for more even lighting overall.
There is one default HDRI image preloaded in DAZ, a very blurry outdoors HDRI, that will illuminate your scene, even with no lights included. Here's a fast example for this.
hdri test.jpg

Wether you'd believe this, or not, there was no single light loaded for this, not even a camera, just rendered a quick, low settings V7, with a base pose, and some fast rendering hair. All light, and the shadows included was made from the default pre-built HDRI dome DAZ came with.

Now, the good news are, there are tons of free HDRI images to find online, or even full lighting sets, that combine HDRI with spot, pin, and omni lights, for DAZ.
One thing to know, if you'd use an HDRI only as a light source, and not as a lightsource AND background, is that you can rotate the dome, and move the light angle around to fit your needs.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes