3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Decided to go back to basics and try and learn more before going into bigger scenes. Here's a few tests with Ava.

0111 Ava Test 01 x2048.jpg
0111 Ava Test 04 x2048.jpg
0110 Ava Test 03 x2048.jpg

Color lookup, gradient map, curve and sharpen adjustments in post. Tried to not do too much to them, just unify the color.

Would love some feedback!

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Nikki Avalon Vignette Promo Shoot.png ''Hi guys. I did a promotional photo shoot for the Red Lotus Fitness Center in collaboration with the Vignette magazine. The magazine crew were even kind enough to let me write the article for the promo. They have also decided to include some of my best shots as posters. You can read all about it and also get an amazing poster pack of 16 pieces including the ones you see around me with the latest issue of Vignette. Hope you like it.'' - Nikki

You can find the print quality pdf of the magazine and a pack of 16 4K, print ready wallpapers at our . For a limited time you can get these goods even with the lowest tier of subscription.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
My fellow folkm3n, how are you?
I'm working on a render, as we speak, and though it is nearly done it is coming out strange, almost pixelated (specially the hair).
I'm using a HDRI render preset, and I added a point light to it.. but I reduced the rendering settings of it (quality, max samples, converged ratio).. is that the issue?
What could it be?
Anyone?
Maybe the light? Maybe it's too strong?

Unfortunately I cannot show you the problem, since it'll spoil a thing about the game I'm making.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
My fellow folkm3n, how are you?
I'm working on a render, as we speak, and though it is nearly done it is coming out strange, almost pixelated (specially the hair).
I'm using a HDRI render preset, and I added a point light to it.. but I reduced the rendering settings of it (quality, max samples, converged ratio).. is that the issue?
What could it be?
Anyone?
Maybe the light? Maybe it's too strong?

Unfortunately I cannot show you the problem, since it'll spoil a thing about the game I'm making.

Thanks in advance.
What settings did you put in when you lowered them? Can you send a screenshot of your progressive renders settings?

Those shouldn't be making it pixelated, maybe grainy if your settings are too low since you won't have enough iterations to properly render the scene.

Whats your output resolution?

Reactions: SummmerP

MothManlet

Nov 11, 2020
Working on trying to improve older character materials to make them more realistic. Normally I would just use the material setup of a high quality character then change the textures but I decided to use the default character materials and do it all by hand to get a better understanding. Left is the default mats and right is my version, although I did have to borrow some spec and bump maps from another character since this one has very low quality textures.

mattest.png

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
If its just a number of dots, you could try running it through a denoiser.
Don't know man.. I don't think denoiser should do the trick, it looks awful

What settings did you put in when you lowered them? Can you send a screenshot of your progressive renders settings?

Those shouldn't be making it pixelated, maybe grainy if your settings are too low since you won't have enough iterations to properly render the scene.

Whats your output resolution?
1920x1080

20210112_141940.jpg

20210112_142300.jpg

Its settings greatly changed the values of burn highlights and crush black.. I reset them, let's see if it'll work

• Angry
Reactions: Phoenya

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
Working on trying to improve older character materials to make them more realistic. Normally I would just use the material setup of a high quality character then change the textures but I decided to use the default character materials and do it all by hand to get a better understanding. Left is the default mats and right is my version, although I did have to borrow some spec and bump maps from another character since this one has very low quality textures.

View attachment 982714
Are there any good tutorials out there on how to do this?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes