3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Here is the male of the species of the first race I created on this project, which I have named Koloi. I realized how many more sliders I have for the G8F than G8M and may have to rework some ideas due to that. I need to adjust his skin to make a better match for the lady.
View attachment 990426
View attachment 990430
View attachment 990431
View attachment 990433
View attachment 990438
You could bridge a G8M over to Hexagon or Blender. And modified the character without adding or subtracting any polygons. This way you could reimport it as a new morph for G8M in general. This you'd give you a lot more freedom.

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
You could bridge a G8M over to Hexagon or Blender. And modified the character without adding or subtracting any polygons. This way you could reimport it as a new morph for G8M in general. This you'd give you a lot more freedom.
Thanks for the tip. I have a lot to learn but hexagon/blender may move up the priority list.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Doing a little character creating practice, this time focusing on stretching out the limits of the morphs, but also trying to create something actually otherworldly and truly alien, not something like Star Trek where the actors either had paint or got some elf ears.

The first step, stretch out the proportions. While we have something that had the humanoid silhouette, but stretching it out and thinning the limbs and torso, we have something that doesn't look human. We have a creature that has a humanoid shape but doesn't look like someone in a suit. (Also, lets thank Shannon for standing in as a comparison model, and lets just say she's standing at around 5'10)
AlienConcept (2).png

Now, we have another look at how something that kinda looks human can end up looking off. Evolution tells us that an intelligent species would need energy and the most efficient way to get that energy would be to eat, thus we have a mouth. Straight away there's something familiar. Only we've twisted it to show sharpened and irregular teeth, teeth that are designed to grip and tear away flesh. Again, something alien. When you do something inhuman to the mouth, it's memorable. You can really see this with the xenomorph and with Predator, with their inner mouth and mandibles respectively.

Also, not seen in the image are "W" shaped irises, something seen in octopi and other cephalopods, which helps convey in a subtle way that this is not a human.

And again, the pose below has a very distinct silhouette, the length and thinness of the limbs really making this creature look inhuman.
AlienConcept2 (2).png

Last image. Something that always seem unnatural to us is when a human walks on all fours. Its something we're not really designed for, you can see this in particular in the footage of feral children. With that in mind, seeing something humanoid in a more-at-ease in a quadruped form without looking like its in pain can really ramp up the feeling that you're seeing something inhuman, hence why you sometimes see that in demon/possession movies. AlienConcept3 (2).png

Anyway, this was just a few thoughts on character design. If anyone finds it helpful, great. If not, thats fine too.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes