3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

pewpewrobot

Sep 4, 2017
Light the scene, tone map it down.

Ray tracing requires light from sources to bounce off materiels and into the camera. The less light you have, the longer it takes. If you're shooting scenes in dark rooms, you need to add sufficient lighting to actually render the scene, but you can use Tone Mapping to adjust the exposure, film ISO, F/Stop, etc to make it look like a dimly lit room.

Once you have that done, render it for as long as you can stand, and then use the NVidia AI Denoiser on the final PNG to remove any remaining noise artifacts.
The Nvidia AI Denoiser looks awesome, i just went to pick it up. Gonna play around with it and check it out. Thanks a lot.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Made another render for today, i totally didn't fall asleep waiting for it to finish and wake up 6 hours later. I would never do that. View attachment 1046795
I need between 16 and 20 hours to render out one picture on my old hardware. I start my render before I go to bed and let it run in to the next day while I'm at work. That way the render is finished by the time I get home from my job to do the post work on it.

pewpewrobot

Sep 4, 2017
I need between 16 and 20 hours to render out one picture on my old hardware. I start my render before I go to bed and let it run in to the next day while I'm at work. That way the render is finished by the time I get home from my job to do the post work on it.
So far my renders are 10 mins for something simple to about an hour and a half for something like that. I would hate to wait as long as you are for a render. Just saw your spec's, it's mostly that GPU that is killing you. I have close to the same setup, well i have a 6core i7@3.4GHz 16GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX 1080. I am pretty sure i will just build a new computer if i actually stick to doing this kinda stuff. Mine was built almost 5 years ago now, I would normally upgrade the video card at this point and use the computer for another 3-5 years. But those Ryzen chips are looking awesome, so i might as well just build a whole new system and call it a day. You know if i can get everything for a normal price that is.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
So far my renders are 10 mins for something simple to about an hour and a half for something like that. I would hate to wait as long as you are for a render. Just saw your spec's, it's mostly that GPU that is killing you. I have close to the same setup, well i have a 6core i7@3.4GHz 16GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX 1080. I am pretty sure i will just build a new computer if i actually stick to doing this kinda stuff. Mine was built almost 5 years ago now, I would normally upgrade the video card at this point and use the computer for another 3-5 years. But those Ryzen chips are looking awesome, so i might as well just build a whole new system and call it a day. You know if i can get everything for a normal price that is.
There's terrible shortage of GPU's at the moment. I'm looking to get a 3060 when they become available again. I only hope pricing won't go up too much.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
My first contribution here. This one was previously posted in the Milfy City fan art thread, where some of you may have already seen it.
This was my most troubled render yet. I tried 4 times to render it had my pc crash on it 2 times, wasted over 30hrs of rendertime before I redid the whole light setup and replaced the glass floor with a primitive I changed the surface properties of to suit my needs. The result is all the better for it. this was only my 5th render when I made it and one I'm still quite proud of.
Unknowingly I originally combined the worst things for my old GPU to work on, with the maximum amount of lightsources and shiny surfaces everywhere from the cars.
Caroline VW laydown_M.JPG

Edit: #Potatosquad

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes