5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Last edited:

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
#Potatosquad
Superbike 05_M.jpg
There are only two 3D assets in this scene: the model and the bike, all the rest was made with primitives with adjusted properties from the surface tab.
I tried volumetric, God ray and fog assets but they all ended up making the picture seem unsharp even though I don't have DoF on.
The full list that is in this set up is: Model, bike, plane floor, sphere darkness, cylinder light ray, and three lightsources.
Render took around 6hrs and a bit of photoshop to remove some too obvious white pixels and to add my tag.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
#Potatosquad
View attachment 1075883
There are only two 3D assets in this scene: the model and the bike, all the rest was made with primitives with adjusted properties from the surface tab.
I tried volumetric, God ray and fog assets but they all ender up making the picture seem unsharp even though I don't have DoF on.
The full list that is in this set up is: Model, bike, plane floor, sphere darkness, cylinder light ray, and three lightsources.
Render took around 6hrs and a bit of photoshop to remove some too obvious white pixels and to add my tag.
I like where this is going. Even for some with more horsepower, DAZ can be a dog. I am trying to minimize my installation and eliminate all logged errors. It is a real chore, but so far I got the G8 character load time from over 2 minutes to just 12 sec on initial load and around 7 sec on things already in the cache. That is loading from a spinning disk not SSD.

I also had issue with Godrays and gave up on it completely. There is just so much more you can do in post using PS and even on limited hardware PS is way faster than DAZ.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
I like where this is going. Even for some with more horsepower, DAZ can be a dog. I am trying to minimize my installation and eliminate all logged errors. It is a real chore, but so far I got the G8 character load time from over 2 minutes to just 12 sec on initial load and around 7 sec on things already in the cache. That is loading from a spinning disk not SSD.

I also had issue with Godrays and gave up on it completely. There is just so much more you can do in post using PS and even on limited hardware PS is way faster than DAZ.
PS works on a 2D plane only where Daz has to work to calculate all the 3D stuff. I'm using a G3 model and load all assets from an external disc in order to be able to use that external HDD (conventional not SSD) on both PC and Laptop
I have made scenes with big 3D assets in the background but I always use a camera optimiser to hide or delete the invisible assets from the render itself. and for the lighting I have started using Hdri presets to put a bit less stress on the render.

Reactions: FixMatik
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes