3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
I am using a 3080 and split between CPU and GPU and some things seem to take a shit load of time to render out..........
You might want to go into your settings and set it just to GPU it will add speed to your renders you should have plenty of memory on a 3080 to handle pretty much any render that you do it would have to be a highly detailed scene to use more memory than what that GPU has and I believe you will find out that your renders will speed up significantly if you get it away from the CPU. Just as a for instance those last two renders that I posted ran about 22 to 23 minutes each they're both in 4k but I let them run their course to about 3,500 to 5,000 iterations and I didn't have to go anywhere near that for it to be finished.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
You might want to go into your settings and set it just to GPU it will add speed to your renders you should have plenty of memory on a 3080 to handle pretty much any render that you do it would have to be a highly detailed scene to use more memory than what that GPU has and I believe you will find out that your renders will speed up significantly if you get it away from the CPU. Just as a for instance those last two renders that I posted ran about 22 to 23 minutes each they're both in 4k but I let them run their course to about 3,500 to 5,000 iterations and I didn't have to go anywhere near that for it to be finished.
I will switch back to just GPU and see what happens with 10G on GPU and 25 shared that really should be plenty. Still really new at this. I am not even sure how the 25G got shared but it is ..

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
And I was thinking I have something setup wrong.............. :eek: and I may...
I'm currently still #PotatoSquad running a rig that has a GPU so light it gets bypassed in favor of CPU only rendering.
My GPU only drives the 4 monitors I have connected for the rest is doesn't help with computing anything.
I'm looking to buy a new PC with a 3070 on board in which case I will be saying Goodbye to the potatosquad.

• Sad
Reactions: kazuma_the_guy

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
NOPE ! No change in time what so ever ??????? :confused: Now I am confused for sure...

GPU Capture.PNG

GPU 1 Capture.PNG

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
NOPE ! No change in time what so ever ??????? :confused: Now I am confused for sure...

View attachment 1102871

View attachment 1102872
Those times are about right especially with the amount of iterations you got running there I know when I was using the other GPU and it was pulling off of the CPU to get that many would take about 4 hours 3 to 4 hours that's about where I am with the 30 60 TI. Also some of it has to do with how you got your renders settings going back and make a difference too but if you can keep your render times in the 20 to 35 minute range you're really doing good especially if you're doing a high pixel rate.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Those times are about right especially with the amount of iterations you got running there I know when I was using the other GPU and it was pulling off of the CPU to get that many would take about 4 hours 3 to 4 hours that's about where I am with the 30 60 TI. Also some of it has to do with how you got your renders settings going back and make a difference too but if you can keep your render times in the 20 to 35 minute range you're really doing good especially if you're doing a high pixel rate.
I guess I was expecting more out of the machine but 25 min isn't to bad. I think some of it also may be that there is a shitload of back ground that isn't in view and may come into play also... Like I mentioned I just got started with DAZ and finding it to be a lot of fun and also a headache.. Thanks.

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
Guys I have a question, is 2060 mobile good enough for rendering at a reasonable pace?
I also have only a ryzen 1600 .. without video card, clearly I am penalized ... but the important thing is that you like it .... where you can't get to the hardware ... we try with ideas, to go you are in better shape than most of us (y)

Reactions: Sihil

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
That time is awesome to me. Just enough time for a toiletbreak and a cup of coffee. I would love that. Anyone have an idea what rendertimes would be on a 3070? Thats the one I have my eye on.
Depends on the scene, of course, but for example this one took about 55 minutes for 100% convergence on my 3070 (rendering quality 5). Character, hair and Golden Palace at SubD level 4, the character has arm, leg, face and belly hair (base resolution), HDRi environment.

Ignore this, I typed before I read your post correctly :D I've got a 2070, not a 3070 :rolleyes: Just a minimal difference :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes