3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
Man, your realism is excellent. I hope to get to that point
Thank you! And I'm sure you'll get there. The biggest part of it is patience, both for the learning process with trial and error and for waiting for your renders to finish, sometimes it takes 8 hours or more, even with my RTX 2070 :LOL:

And you're not far away, the morphs of your characters are very good. To get a little extra spice I recommend to add a bit of imperfection to the skin shaders. I'm a big fan of SkinBuilder (G3F/G8F), and if you start in the "Overlays" tab and skip the the fist part with "Build skin", you can use it with any skin preset of other characters.

To get more structure to the skin, simply play around with the bump map and normal map strength in the surfaces pane. Plus, there are many HD details morphs out there that are really good. But to get the most out of them you have to set the mesh resolution / subdivision level of the character at least at 2, better 3 or even 4. But this increases not only the level of details, but also the expected rendering time.

bxIvan

Engaged Member
Dec 3, 2017
If i were to take a guess the base is P3D Tilly with another P3D in the mix maybe Duffy or Harper and on top of that with more customization. I'am not the best at recognizing tho, there might be better guesses than mine.
thank you. what about hair style??

Sep 16, 2019
Thank you! And I'm sure you'll get there. The biggest part of it is patience, both for the learning process with trial and error and for waiting for your renders to finish, sometimes it takes 8 hours or more, even with my RTX 2070 :LOL:

And you're not far away, the morphs of your characters are very good. To get a little extra spice I recommend to add a bit of imperfection to the skin shaders. I'm a big fan of SkinBuilder (G3F/G8F), and if you start in the "Overlays" tab and skip the the fist part with "Build skin", you can use it with any skin preset of other characters.

To get more structure to the skin, simply play around with the bump map and normal map strength in the surfaces pane. Plus, there are many HD details morphs out there that are really good. But to get the most out of them you have to set the mesh resolution / subdivision level of the character at least at 2, better 3 or even 4. But this increases not only the level of details, but also the expected rendering time.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate your feedback. I have to admit I'm googling some of the things you've mentioned just so I know what you're talking about, lol. I recently dl'd SkinBuilder but haven't had a chance to have a play yet, too busy with rl atm. I get the subdivision level, only been running level 2 but I'll try upping it and see how I go, hopefully my 3080 will help. At this point in time my skill level is probably pretty much preschool compared to some here but I'll keep plugging away and hopefully keep learning from my mistakes. Again, thanks for the input and I'll try to apply as I go (y)

Reactions: InsertFreakyName

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I have a problem: I am or have a scene or 4/5 that evolve around a pool event in a back yard. I have a decent set of a rural house with a back yard that is large enough to have the pool and hot tub. When I put the pool in the scene it lays in great and looks good, but the ground and grass is in the water and of course the models are in the dirt. As there are several underwater shots, and hopefully a few split above water half way and under other half. I have tried with a wooded HDRI and that works well but no house in background, and the woods don't blend with the over all scene and atmosphere. Is there a way to have the ground of the original house and yard scene. I am using the Harwood Rural house asset ( which is real heavy in extras that boog down rendering also ) and of course I didn't save a scene but recreating it now.

bill on porch test.jpg

house and car test.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes