3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I recreated the issue to an extent real quick like but these show the issue.

pool test.jpg

pool test 1.jpg

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018

View attachment 1147351

View attachment 1147352
My solution would be to take the floor/grass texture, duplicate it in black/white, make it all white except for the pool area (and a bit more since it will be hidden by the wood parts) that will be black. Then use the resulting image as the opacity map for the ground surface.

Tell me if I'm not explicit enough.

Reactions: GNVE

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
My solution would be to take the floor/grass texture, duplicate it in black/white, make it all white except for the pool area (and a bit more since it will be hidden by the wood parts) that will be black. Then use the resulting image as the opacity map for the ground surface.

Tell me if I'm not explicit enough.
Actually I really don't have a clue how to do that :) I just started with DAZ in late Feb.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Here is a little better view of issue. I have some really good suggestions to try. Thanks to all I will try the polygon delete suggestion.

pool test 2.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
This is what it looks like, it is useable for what I think I am going to do for the moment. Thanks all.

Pool Capture.PNG

Ozzymandiass

Dec 19, 2018
That looks like the same setting but with way different grass than what is in mine??? I like the grass I had to delete grass in my set it was scraggly...
If you are talking about the grass built into the aset you can easily reuse it wherever you want

Capture2.PNG

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021

View attachment 1147351

View attachment 1147352
I believe I understand what you're trying to do... (I may misunderstand though)
I don't exactly see any issue with the "above-ground" render, however it seems that you want to dump the pool into the same
house prop but I actually do see the need to try anymore since it's not working...
Example of workaround: Movie shots in France may actually take place in Southern California yes ?
So if the pool model has/ came with a bottom I don't see the issue. Please forgive me if I'm totally lost on your "problem"
If the pool didn't come with a bottom, are you able to get a texture, create a "plane" and put it exactly where you need it,
then apply that texture to the plane for your pool bottom ? Again, sorry if I'm actually silly on this thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ozzymandiass

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I believe I understand what you're trying to do... (I may misunderstand though)
I don't exactly see any issue with the "above-ground" render, however it seems that you want to dump the pool into the same
house prop but I actually do see the need to try anymore since it's not working...
Example of workaround: Movie shots in France may actually take place in Southern California yes ?
So if the pool model has/ came with a bottom I don't see the issue. Please forgive me if I'm totally lost on your "problem"
If the pool didn't come with a bottom, are you able to get a texture, create a "plane" and put it exactly where you need it,
then apply that texture to the plane for your pool bottom ? Again, sorry if I'm actually silly on this thing.
That is about it, and did try with HDR's and different background scenes, and because the series of shots that I plan to make will involve the house, and drive that didn't fit in with the flow of things that I am thinking of. That is all subject to changes of course... I think with the one poly hidden that I can get what I need. maybe

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes