3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Apr 9, 2021
Did a test render and I noticed these spots were appearing on the model's skin. Looks similar to skull cap clipping stuff but for the life of me I can't fix it. Anybody know whats going on or how to fix it?
Do you have a geoshell on the character? Wet skin fx or something like that?
A skin geoshell the most likely culprit. Could also be the hair shell clipping through if you used the blow morphs. Something is clipping through.

Sometimes those black squiggles can be fixed by changing render optimization from Auto to Speed. But you have so many here that render settings probably won't be enough.

edit: Changing the view mode to Smooth Shaded sometimes helps me see where shells are intersecting.

Reactions: WaffleJesus

WaffleJesus

Jul 24, 2020
Do you have a geoshell on the character? Wet skin fx or something like that?
A skin geoshell the most likely culprit. Could also be the hair shell clipping through if you used the blow morphs. Something is clipping through.

Sometimes those black squiggles can be fixed by changing render optimization from Auto to Speed. But you have so many here that render settings probably won't be enough.

edit: Changing the view mode to Smooth Shaded sometimes helps me see where shells are intersecting.
Thanks for your replies. No geoshells other than Breastacular stuff and deleting didn't help :unsure:. Had to reload the character and that worked.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
In the above two scenes I have to move the model, and also the bag. Which is a real pain. Is there a way to parent the bag to her hand or some thing. I tried "Fit to" and when I did that the bag shot to the other side of the house and then had to find it by its placement markers. That was a really big pain in the ass, undo didn't move it back for some reason.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Also as the day goes on the render time increases a little, but the scenes aren't getting complicated or anything. That has me a little confused.

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
In the above two scenes I have to move the model, and also the bag. Which is a real pain. Is there a way to parent the bag to her hand or some thing. I tried "Fit to" and when I did that the bag shot to the other side of the house and then had to find it by its placement markers. That was a really big pain in the ass, undo didn't move it back for some reason.
Yes sir !
Under the "scene" tab, select your handbag (sword, umbrella etc.) then right click it.
"change figure parent"
in the popup window carefully find the hand you want to parent to.
*** I say carefully because many props will have morphs attached that say the same as body parts ***

edit: ***IMPORTANT*** BEFORE you do ANY of that you need to first manually place that bag in her hand, otherwise it will remain in the exact same place until you move the character. I hope I'm making sense...

Reactions: activeXmeasures
Apr 9, 2021
Yes sir !
Under the "scene" tab, select your handbag (sword, umbrella etc.) then right click it.
"change figure parent"
in the popup window carefully find the hand you want to parent to.
*** I say carefully because many props will have morphs attached that say the same as body parts ***

edit: ***IMPORTANT*** BEFORE you do ANY of that you need to first manually place that bag in her hand, otherwise it will remain in the exact same place until you move the character. I hope I'm making sense...
^^This. Working with "held" objects like bags can be a pain. I have a lot of trouble with them.

Also as the day goes on the render time increases a little, but the scenes aren't getting complicated or anything. That has me a little confused.
Could be the VRAM or RAM not getting cleared between scenes. Close Daz, wait a minute or two for it to clean up background processes, then restart Daz. Or restart your PC.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes