3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
^^This. Working with "held" objects like bags can be a pain. I have a lot of trouble with them.

Could be the VRAM or RAM not getting cleared between scenes. Close Daz, wait a minute or two for it to clean up background processes, then restart Daz. Or restart your PC.
Thanks I was afraid of that... I am not the best of saving between secerns as most of them are one offs, but going to be used. If I saved each pose and move I would have a million duf files.....

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I see that most are saving their renders as .png It that better are maybe smaller than .jpg
I know it is a preliminary question but I honestly don't know which is best and what I should be using, or why as far as that goes.

Apr 9, 2021
Still learning lights and shadows.. Please criticize . I'll appreciate all the feedback.
I like the softness of her body! If your intended focus was her ass, then this is great. If you wanted her whole body and face, then I'd add another light from the upper left to remove those shadows especially on her eyes. I'm no expert; just my subjective opinion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: falcondenero
Apr 9, 2021
I see that most are saving their renders as .png It that better are maybe smaller than .jpg
I know it is a preliminary question but I honestly don't know which is best and what I should be using, or why as far as that goes.
I think png retains more data, aka lossless. Better for sending to Photoshop or other editing programs.

Reactions: InsertFreakyName

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Still learning lights and shadows.. Please criticize . I'll appreciate all the feedback.
Looks really good. Love the composition of the image and the pose and expression of the character. Only thing I'd change is to light up her face a little.

.png is lossless (i.e. every pixel has colour info etc.) and supports transparency. Since it is lossless you can edit it in Photoshop/Gimp/Krita etc.
.jpg is lossy (i.e. the image is fed through an algorithm and some of the information is discarded) and it does not support transparency. Its file size is considerably smaller though.
Generally you want Daz to output .png. If you want to use the images in games however the png file Daz spits out is too large. You want to either reduce the file size with a program like or convert it to the jpeg or webm file format.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Looks really good. Love the composition of the image and the pose and expression of the character. Only thing I'd change is to light up her face a little.

.png is lossless (i.e. every pixel has colour info etc.) and supports transparency. Since it is lossless you can edit it in Photoshop/Gimp/Krita etc.
.jpg is lossy (i.e. the image is fed through an algorithm and some of the information is discarded) and it does not support transparency. Its file size is considerably smaller though.
Generally you want Daz to output .png. If you want to use the images in games however the png file Daz spits out is too large. You want to either reduce the file size with a program like or convert it to the jpeg or webm file format.
I have Daz save .png and after Photoshop I make a .jpg copy to share on forum or other medium.
.png allows finer adjustments in PS than .jpg would.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes