3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I have uploaded the following pair of images in the spoiler to demonstrate the importance of a skin to the quality of an image. Both images have an identical pose, scene and render time. I have used the old skin in several previous scenes I have posed on this site.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Skin Builder 8 again? If so, you convinced me, to set it on my "To Buy ASAP"-List
So far I used Altern8 and SkinDoctor for most of my models, but if those results can be achieved with some tweaks through Skin Builder...

Reactions: jfredy78

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Skin Builder 8 again? If so, you convinced me, to set it on my "To Buy ASAP"-List
So far I used Altern8 and SkinDoctor for most of my models, but if those results can be achieved with some tweaks through Skin Builder...
If you want to try it out first, SB8 is in the assets section of this website. If you struggling to get similar results, PM me and I'll share some of the recipes I am using to get the result. I would also note that the most recent improvements have also been related to the Zelle skin which uses significantly different Dual Lobe settings than standard SB8.

The recent images are straight out of Daz with no post processing other than reduction of image size and conversion to jpg. Also the renders with the single light source and blue background converges quickly. The ones above are 20 minute renders (~100 iterations) at 2400 x 3600 and down-sampled.

Reactions: Techn0magier

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
this is because of the camera settings
I totally believe you but still looks like she is actually the girl from Rings in disguise with that hips :oops: But may i ask why you think her feet are bad?

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
these fingers are normally in the anime:test:I can not understand what is wrong with the hips, I specifically moved her legs for this position...
It's the model. Hell, it has been a problem with most of them since at least V4 and probably earlier.

Have a look at the "Bend Control for Genesis 8 Bundle" by Zev0 or "Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Victoria 8".

As far as I can tell you have to adjust both of only one the G8 bend fix morphs manually.

EDIT:
Also, have a look at "Glute Control for Genesis 8 Female" by Zev0 too.

Reactions: lexx228

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
...terrible nipples and feet:FeelsBadMan:
The default nipple shapes are a bit underwhelming, but there are plenty of morphs available like " "
It has a bunch of size and shape morphs.

The other problem is that a lot of the skin textures have poorly done nipples, this is very apparent on Rendo with most of the spammed merchant resource asset flips uhhh... models from less well know makers.

Reactions: lexx228

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
The default nipple shapes are a bit underwhelming, but there are plenty of morphs available like " "
It has a bunch of size and shape morphs.

The other problem is that a lot of the skin textures have poorly done nipples, this is very apparent on Rendo with most of the spammed merchant resource asset flips uhhh... models from less well know makers.
You can use for nipples and areola's you can change the nipple size also it comes with a shell so you can put bumps on her areola. However it does not "mesh well with tight clothing like preset shapes from the models

Reactions: Ying Ko and lexx228

the_silkman

Jul 25, 2018
Thought I'd ask on here, as you guys seems to know what you're on about!

Posted a couple of renders on here before, and decided I should try make a game. However, I'm really struggling with which art style to go with: A more traditional 'realistic' look, or a more 'cartoony' look to try and stand out a bit. I've posted the same girl in both styles (I stopped the renders early, and they're by no means representative of the final product!) but I'm really torn between the two.
What do you think? Toon or Realistic?

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Thought I'd ask on here, as you guys seems to know what you're on about!

Posted a couple of renders on here before, and decided I should try make a game. However, I'm really struggling with which art style to go with: A more traditional 'realistic' look, or a more 'cartoony' look to try and stand out a bit. I've posted the same girl in both styles (I stopped the renders early, and they're by no means representative of the final product!) but I'm really torn between the two.
What do you think? Toon or Realistic?

It really depends on different factors. Do you intend to use toon shaders? Do you want a painterly appearance in postwork? etc. pp.
A toon look needs a toon environment. So alone on those pictures, I would use the latter. But with the right Envirinmenr, the cartoon feeling would be prefereable.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Tried a Genesis 8 model for the first time. I don't know why I expected it to be any different at first glance. I didn't morph this character at all, except for the body a little bit. She's been one of my favorite Genesis 8 characters for a while but never had the urge to work with them. I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna make her a personal character to use, but I don't know if I'm gonna morph her facial features much. There's too much to like there. Plus I still need some G8 morphing utilities. I only have the basic head and body G8 sliders right now.
Genesis 8 First Attempt.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes