3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So...This time I tried new shaders for the skin mostly and played around in Lightroom for a bit more than my usual 'click a preset, done'.

Things I do like:
1) The skin. It looks amazing, postwork or not, even at the base render.
2) Those new presets. They very accurately emulate cameras and lenses and films, though in this case I didn't like the look so I messed around a bit.
3) Those new Spectral profiles. I don't need to keep '0' pressed while I grab a coffee for my lights to work. No more black lines. Just beautiful.

Things I don't like:
1) The skin. Or more specifically how 8.1 changed UVs and now I have a neck UV that isn't supported by the freckles, OR the ink layers.
2) I had to edit some of the ink out. It's my fault for not checking, but the tattoos were duped on the aforementioned neck UVs.

I am too tired to go on a technical breakdown of the camera/light settings, the changes I made to the skin and the Lightroom profiles, but if anyone wants to know, ask and I'll do it after I had some sleep.

Siobhan_new_shaders_resized.png

Feb 11, 2022
Thanks. :) Yea I have an i5 8600k and a 3070FE so my pc isn't the worst but I think my cpu can't handle to much going on. Going to look into better workstation so my Ui doesn't look so cluttered.
Hello luv. I'd look into the general VRAM consumption of the scene first. Might be exceeding the 8 gigs of your 3070 and dropping to CPU only rendering. Also, if I were you, I'd disable the CPU rendering altogether. You can do that via the ''Advanced'' tab right under the ''Render Settings'' tab. Compared to your 3070, 8600k's addition to your render speed should be very minimal. I wouldn't tire my CPU for such an insignificant increase.

Next thing would be learning the correct way of lighting up your scene. If your scenes are taking longer than expected to render, not having enough light to fill up the scene could be the cause of it. IRay is extremely light dependant and not enough light can increase render times drastically. I'd start by looking into ''3 Point Lighting'' to get the basics. Also using ''Emissive Meshes'' as ''Ghost Lights'' can be a good alternative for some situations since they are sometimes faster to render compared to ''Spot'' and ''Point'' lights.

About the UI, you might wanna get yourself familiar with the tabs and create a basic categorization which works best for your workstyle. I have my content library/render settings/simulation in one window, parameters/posing/cameras/shaping/surfaces in another. Scene tab have its dedicated window all by itself and a whole screen dedicated to Main and AUX viewports. Multi-screen setup can ease your troubles with the UI tremendously.

Hope I've managed to write up at least some useful stuff here for you. Welcome aboard and feel free to ask for help/criticism if you feel stuck on anything. This is mostly a friendly community. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. Have fun creating.

-Raven

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Hello luv. I'd look into the general VRAM consumption of the scene first. Might be exceeding the 8 gigs of your 3070 and dropping to CPU only rendering. Also, if I were you, I'd disable the CPU rendering altogether. You can do that via the ''Advanced'' tab right under the ''Render Settings'' tab. Compared to your 3070, 8600k's addition to your render speed should be very minimal. I wouldn't tire my CPU for such an insignificant increase.

Next thing would be learning the correct way of lighting up your scene. If your scenes are taking longer than expected to render, not having enough light to fill up the scene could be the cause of it. IRay is extremely light dependant and not enough light can increase render times drastically. I'd start by looking into ''3 Point Lighting'' to get the basics. Also using ''Emissive Meshes'' as ''Ghost Lights'' can be a good alternative for some situations since they are sometimes faster to render compared to ''Spot'' and ''Point'' lights.

About the UI, you might wanna get yourself familiar with the tabs and create a basic categorization which works best for your workstyle. I have my content library/render settings/simulation in one window, parameters/posing/cameras/shaping/surfaces in another. Scene tab have its dedicated window all by itself and a whole screen dedicated to Main and AUX viewports. Multi-screen setup can ease your troubles with the UI tremendously.

Hope I've managed to write up at least some useful stuff here for you. Welcome aboard and feel free to ask for help/criticism if you feel stuck on anything. This is mostly a friendly community. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. Have fun creating.

-Raven
This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for the tips. The whole lighting thing making the render time longer didn't even occur to me, I'll for sure look into the 3point and emmisive lights etc. As for the Ui I thought it would be the case of just taking time to get used to all the tabs and windows. But even with all that I'm having a lot of fun messing around in the program and all the help is greatly appreciated.

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Fallen Cardinal

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
"Today's lot is Theta-31ZZ. Zfarn genetics is rather interesting. While the Zfarn themselves do not make use of gene-modification treatments, instead preferring the use of cybernetics and nanotechnology, their DNA is quite receptive to modification, perhaps moreso than Humans. Fair enough, of course. But when you get a hold of a former Zfarn convict, well, you have to see what you can do. First up was an upgrade to her cranial implants, particularly the thalamus regulator and we were able to induce orgasms with just a verbal command. We followed that up with a genital change. Amazingly, the modification was completed in less than six hours. A side effect has been the convict's libido skyrocketing with hourly masturbation sessions. A tweak of the thalamus implant helped get that under control, along with another verbal command to prevent masturbation while edging her hard. Her arms lock and she can't do anything until her master or mistress gives the command. The cock bondage strap was just because we thought it looked good. Anyway, bidding begins at 25000 credits."

ZfarnSlaveMod.png

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
I'm starting to get used to the whole thing, managed to make this character while playing around with the morph sliders. Something feels off about the face but can't put my finger on it and the shadow around the cleavage Is weird but overall I'm happy. Also I found the render is so much faster when you don't render EVERYTHING and just render what's in the scene. :KEK:
But seriously this program is insane the stuff you can do! My only regret is it taking this long for me to pick it up. :HideThePain:
Dress2.png

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
But seriously this program is insane the stuff you can do! My only regret is it taking this long for me to pick it up. :HideThePain:
I feel you. I had never heard of Daz or even visual novels before the end of last year. Now I'm trying to make up for lost time but I'm 40 with a career, so I feel way behind the curve.

Nice render. I like the shoe placement.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes