3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
ok i just went to a place i did my render yesterday too and its still 0% but it seems that its moving along when i look at the other window. maybe its just not saying the real % and when its close to being done it will just fly up.. yesterday it was taking around 40mins to an hour to render.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
idk what has happened to my render times, one literally timed out because it took too long. it was going for 1hr 30 min and did 50% at 1080p.. i didnt even realise there was a time limit so i upped it. Does enviroment really change it that much? the ones i did yesterday can be found here and had loads of light and was pretty clear space and this one is in a bar which i put more light in and did depth of field with camera, i lined her up in the depth of field too. going to leave it overnight and see if it works this time.

wish i could get a new pc im still using my 1080 that i got like 5 years ago lol

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
idk what has happened to my render times, one literally timed out because it took too long. it was going for 1hr 30 min and did 50% at 1080p.. i didnt even realise there was a time limit so i upped it. Does enviroment really change it that much? the ones i did yesterday can be found here and had loads of light and was pretty clear space and this one is in a bar which i put more light in and did depth of field with camera, i lined her up in the depth of field too. going to leave it overnight and see if it works this time.

wish i could get a new pc im still using my 1080 that i got like 5 years ago lol
You're probably overtaxing your graphics card and it's falling back on the CPU. You can change that in your render settings. But the root problem is with your scene. You've got to look at how big and complex your scene is and take out unnecessary things. When I first started with Daz I didn't realize that objects which are not in the render screen but still present in the screen will go towards your VRAM limit. If you hide everything that's in the scene but not in the viewport you'll alleviate a lot of the burden on your GPU. If that still doesn't work, you'll need to find a way to optimize the scene for rendering. There are a number of ways to do that, depending on your scene, but one tool that can help is Scene Optimizer:

Otherwise, if you use Google to search something like, "reduce VRAM in Daz" you should find a lot of helpful threads.

Be sure to check your log under troubleshooting. That will confirm whether you're falling back on your CPU.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
You're probably overtaxing your graphics card and it's falling back on the CPU. You can change that in your render settings. But the root problem is with your scene. You've got to look at how big and complex your scene is and take out unnecessary things. When I first started with Daz I didn't realize that objects which are not in the render screen but still present in the screen will go towards your VRAM limit. If you hide everything that's in the scene but not in the viewport you'll alleviate a lot of the burden on your GPU. If that still doesn't work, you'll need to find a way to optimize the scene for rendering. There are a number of ways to do that, depending on your scene, but one tool that can help is Scene Optimizer:

Otherwise, if you use Google to search something like, "reduce VRAM in Daz" you should find a lot of helpful threads.

Be sure to check your log under troubleshooting. That will confirm whether you're falling back on your CPU.
thanks man, appreciate the feedback and ill look into it all in the morning. it will probably make sense for me to pick smaller sets or try delete stuff around, i thought it was only the stuff in view that mattered so thats a rookie mistake lol

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
thanks man, appreciate the feedback and ill look into it all in the morning. it will probably make sense for me to pick smaller sets or try delete stuff around, i thought it was only the stuff in view that mattered so thats a rookie mistake lol
another thing is how many light that you are using video card have a limit with lighting as well mostly for spotlights,pointlight,distantlight but mash light that you create I don't know about them

to check how much your gpu can handle open preference/interface/hardware details

Untitled-6.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
another thing is how many light that you are using video card have a limit with lighting as well mostly for spotlights,pointlight,distantlight but mash light that you create I don't know about them

to check how much your gpu can handle open preference/interface/hardware details

View attachment 1709811
I have a GTX1050TI and my features are identical to that, so his probably are as well.

Reactions: D9074

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
You can't go by that hardware details screen, it hasn't been accurate ever since I can remember. With a RTX3090 I get the same Maximum Number of Lights, Number of Texture Units and Maximum Texture Size and I have actually seen a YT video where a guy with a RTX3090 loaded 14 HD characters in a scene before it failed. No way you could do that with a RTX2060 or a GTX1050Ti.

You will just need to experiment a bit with what you load, and maybe use a package like which will reduce the load on the GPU.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes