3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Feb 11, 2022
another thing is how many light that you are using video card have a limit with lighting as well mostly for spotlights,pointlight,distantlight but mash light that you create I don't know about them

to check how much your gpu can handle open preference/interface/hardware details

View attachment 1709811
That does not work how you think. Maximum Number of Lights indicated there means you can only see 8 active light in the interactive viewport via OpenGL rendering (texture shaded etc.) but you can have virtually unlimited number of lights in an iRay render as far as I know. You can test this out by creating an empty scene with a ground plane, zero environment strength with draw dome : on draw ground : off and putting more than 8 spot/point lights above the ground plane side by side. You'll see no matter how many you bring into the scene, they will all work.

If that was not the case, we wouldn't be able to render a scene with 100's of candles or basically, any of our renders because we built an intricate light rig with tons of emissive lights. We used to build them with spotlights/pointlights and such but decided to fully convert to mesh lighting because it is a lot less taxing compared to studio lights yet we can confirm, you can have a lot more than 8 in a scene whether its studio or mesh lights.

-Raven

uncleomf

Jul 3, 2021
You can't go by that hardware details screen, it hasn't been accurate ever since I can remember. With a RTX3090 I get the same Maximum Number of Lights, Number of Texture Units and Maximum Texture Size and I have actually seen a YT video where a guy with a RTX3090 loaded 14 HD characters in a scene before it failed. No way you could do that with a RTX2060 or a GTX1050Ti.

You will just need to experiment a bit with what you load, and maybe use a package like which will reduce the load on the GPU.
Scene optimizer is indeed powerful. With RTX3080ti, 1080ti and 3970x, It takes an hour to render a scene with 6HD characters. After scene optimizer, it takes 5 minutes to render 3000iterations.

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Can confirm, Scene Optimizer is a godsend when trying to cram a scene with multiple waifus onto my 1070. (Especially when you get assets with 4K textures on a single pencil that isn't even in frame...)

---

Some random character studies from today while trying to brainstorm my way around writer's block!

Ashley and her mom (Does she pass as her mom? Might need another aging morph), who's let herself go a bit lately...

Natasha.png_intel.png

She cleans up nicely! (have writer's block with a certain character? Outline A WHOLE 'NOTHER CHARACTER'S STORY ARC!

Natasha2.png_intel.png

Triplets? Or one MILF with the ability to clone herself? ;)

Maries.png_intel.png

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Scene optimizer is indeed powerful. With RTX3080ti, 1080ti and 3970x, It takes an hour to render a scene with 6HD characters. After scene optimizer, it takes 5 minutes to render 3000iterations.
Yeah, with my little 1050 video card with only 4G VRAM, I never used scene optimizer, but I will usually manually go over my scene and hide (click the eye icon) any object that isn't in view (or being reflected), including body parts of the characters. I once rendered three characters in a scene on my card (very difficult with so little VRAM) as one character was looking around the corner, into a door and only his one arm, head and upper part of his body was visible, so I hide the body parts that were not visible resulting in a large savings of memory requirements. It also meant my scene rendered quicker; plus I use the DENOISER which speeds things up for me, though I know not everyone likes to see that mentioned in here, but because it needs fewer iterations (I usually do around 200 which is plenty for it) it ends up being much quicker. Good if your hardware is limited.

uncleomf

Jul 3, 2021
Yeah, with my little 1050 video card with only 4G VRAM, I never used scene optimizer, but I will usually manually go over my scene and hide (click the eye icon) any object that isn't in view (or being reflected), including body parts of the characters. I once rendered three characters in a scene on my card (very difficult with so little VRAM) as one character was looking around the corner, into a door and only his one arm, head and upper part of his body was visible, so I hide the body parts that were not visible resulting in a large savings of memory requirements. It also meant my scene rendered quicker; plus I use the DENOISER which speeds things up for me, though I know not everyone likes to see that mentioned in here, but because it needs fewer iterations (I usually do around 200 which is plenty for it) it ends up being much quicker. Good if your hardware is limited.
That is indeed smart, keep on doing what you are doing bro!

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
another thing is how many light that you are using video card have a limit with lighting as well mostly for spotlights,pointlight,distantlight but mash light that you create I don't know about them

to check how much your gpu can handle open preference/interface/hardware details

View attachment 1709811
is this lights that i have put in myself? because the bar has a lot of lights but when i go to the lights panel it doesnt let me use them or anything. i added 4 of my own

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
You can't go by that hardware details screen, it hasn't been accurate ever since I can remember. With a RTX3090 I get the same Maximum Number of Lights, Number of Texture Units and Maximum Texture Size and I have actually seen a YT video where a guy with a RTX3090 loaded 14 HD characters in a scene before it failed. No way you could do that with a RTX2060 or a GTX1050Ti.

You will just need to experiment a bit with what you load, and maybe use a package like which will reduce the load on the GPU.
anyone here got scene optimizer? i may have to try it. i watched a video about noise in renders and someone has done a video showing the denoiser and how many iterations it took to get the image, tbh it looks really good but im not sure if it works for everyone. im trying a couple now with denoiser to see.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes