3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Still amazed at how many people think denoising has zero effect on image quality. Not saying it doesn't help and in some cases (low resolution image) it does come in handy. Denoising is destructive, plain and simple.

I do not hate on denoising, I use it on occasion. Just telling my truth.
You do seem to have a problem with it. I use it in all my renders and I have posted numerous examples where you couldn't tell the difference. In the rare image where I can tell the difference, the denoised version looks better, the alternate looks, well... noisy! LOL

If you dislike it, don't use it. I use it in ALL my renders, love it and it speeds them up as you don't need as many iterations to finish the image. I genrally go for 200 iterations in my renders which with my newer video card now gets my render done in 1 - 2 mins. I've gotten a lot of work done lately thanks to t he faster renders.

The following are all newer renders, all took me 1- 2 mins to render. All with denoising and only 200 iterations. They also use the camera's depth of field, so any blurred spots are because of the camera focus.

car wife.png

motel arrival_distant.png

motel arrival.png

motel_office breast_grab1.png

motel_office breast_grab2.png

AWAM - Subway 1.jpg

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
That's gonna be me next month, can't wait !
Also congratulations and best of luck !
Thanks. Part of why I posted the details of the difference is so that others who are wondering about it can see. It's SO worth it! I can pack much more detail in my scenes with no slowdown at all. Well worth it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kvitravn Dev

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
You do seem to have a problem with it. I use it in all my renders and I have posted numerous examples where you couldn't tell the difference. In the rare image where I can tell the difference, the denoised version looks better, the alternate looks, well... noisy! LOL

If you dislike it, don't use it. I use it in ALL my renders, love it and it speeds them up as you don't need as many iterations to finish the image. I genrally go for 200 iterations in my renders which with my newer video card now gets my render done in 1 - 2 mins. I've gotten a lot of work done lately thanks to t he faster renders.

The following are all newer renders, all took me 1- 2 mins to render. All with denoising and only 200 iterations. They also use the camera's depth of field, so any blurred spots are because of the camera focus.

View attachment 1881845

View attachment 1881847

View attachment 1881844

View attachment 1881849

View attachment 1881852

View attachment 1881855
I always wondered, when you use denoiser for those renders you posted. Do you have the denoise kick in at a certain time during the 200 iterations and if so how do you do that? Hope this question makes sense. This is one of the main reasons I've avoided making some hentai comics because the render of each image would take so long it makes me not want to bother.

Reactions: Rknudson

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Night Hacker I really don't give a shit that you use a denoiser. I even like most of your images, not all but most. I was happy you got a 3070 and can now add more detail to previous renders.

Also you do not have a single example where I actually compared any of your denoised images, so don't pretend otherwise. I couldn't care any less that you are happy with your denoised renders.

The only real issue I have is when someone just straight up lies and says there is no difference between a well rendered image and one that is denoised. Sometimes it works in your advantage as it sharpens the images and many times it doesn't because textures lose detail and can appear smoothed. There is always a difference.

• Angry
Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I always wondered, when you use denoiser for those renders you posted. Do you have the denoise kick in at a certain time during the 200 iterations and if so how do you do that? Hope this question makes sense. This is one of the main reasons I've avoided making some hentai comics because the render of each image would take so long it makes me not want to bother.
I have tested it kicking in later, and starting at the first frame, and it makes no difference in quality or speed. Lately I have left it at the default 8, though I used to have it set to zero or one to have it start right away. I tested this in depth as I always do. I wanted to know how much it slowed things down if I done it from frame one as opposed to waiting until much later. I also wanted to know how much it effected quality if I didn't use it, if I used it from frame one and if I used it much later. To my surprise, it didn't slow things down AT ALL, in fact, in some circumstances it was faster with it on (or the same speed) which I honestly didn't expect. As for quality, there is no discernable difference unless you spend 1/2 hour zoomed in to pixel level, then you MIGHT be able to notice. There is the odd render where it IS noticable, and that is where you have certain lighting conditions that will leave REALLY speckled shadow areas without it, where as with denoising it cleans it up. I just don't see any reason not to use it.

I have posted these before, I'll post them AGAIN, as this topic keeps coming back up, usually by the same person whining about it.... below are two images, one of them took me 45 mins to render without denoising with my old video card. The other one is denoised and only took me 5 mins to render with the same card. Now you tell me which one was denoised without zooming in to pixel level (though you can if you wish, even there it is hard to tell)...

1)
Wanda_at_the_Beach - 1.png

2)
Wanda_at_the_Beach - 2.png

Sorry, but there is no difference. There no way anyone can justify waiting 45 mins for a render I can get in 5 (or 1 min with my new card)... but, some people are difficult to please. I honestly don't understand why some people complain about it. If you don't like it... DON'T USE IT! Try posting something positive and helpful.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Night Hacker I really don't give a shit that you use a denoiser. I even like most of your images, not all but most. I was happy you got a 3070 and can now add more detail to previous renders.

Also you do not have a single example where I actually compared any of your denoised images, so don't pretend otherwise. I couldn't care any less that you are happy with your denoised renders.

The only real issue I have is when someone just straight up lies and says there is no difference between a well rendered image and one that is denoised. Sometimes it works in your advantage as it sharpens the images and many times it doesn't because textures lose detail and can appear smoothed. There is always a difference.
It's a 3060 I got, and obviously you DO give a shit as you're the ONLY ONE who continues to whine and bitch every time I suggest that people use denoising to speed things up.

Here's an idea, instead of attacking me for my suggestions, why not come up with your own helpful ideas? You know, be positive.

Anyhow, I reposted the same images I have posted TWICE BEFORE on here, once in a past reply to YOU when you bitched before showing two renders I did, one with denoising that took 5 mins, one without that took me 45mins on my old card and you cannot see the difference. I even tricked everyone the last time by renaming them with 5MIN and 45MIN in the file name and people picked the one with 5MIN in the filename as the denoised image even though it was not, purely because of the filename where I purposely misnamed them. :) It proved you couldn't tell. I posted them again. Pick the denoised image. You have a 50/50 chance of being right.

Try and be positive rather than attacking other people's ideas. I'm trying to help people improve their renders and especially rendering times on older hardware, that's my sole purpose for suggesting it. I'll never understand your complaining about it. If you dislike it, come with an alternative suggestion, otherwise you're just whining.

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
I have tested it kicking in later, and starting at the first frame, and it makes no difference in quality or speed. Lately I have left it at the default 8, though I used to have it set to zero or one to have it start right away. I tested this in depth as I always do. I wanted to know how much it slowed things down if I done it from frame one as opposed to waiting until much later. I also wanted to know how much it effected quality if I didn't use it, if I used it from frame one and if I used it much later. To my surprise, it didn't slow things down AT ALL, in fact, in some circumstances it was faster with it on (or the same speed) which I honestly didn't expect. As for quality, there is no discernable difference unless you spend 1/2 hour zoomed in to pixel level, then you MIGHT be able to notice. There is the odd render where it IS noticable, and that is where you have certain lighting conditions that will leave REALLY speckled shadow areas without it, where as with denoising it cleans it up. I just don't see any reason not to use it.

I have posted these before, I'll post them AGAIN, as this topic keeps coming back up, usually by the same person whining about it.... below are two images, one of them took me 45 mins to render without denoising with my old video card. The other one is denoised and only took me 5 mins to render with the same card. Now you tell me which one was denoised without zooming in to pixel level (though you can if you wish, even there it is hard to tell)...

1)
View attachment 1881915

2)
View attachment 1881918

Sorry, but there is no difference. There no way anyone can justify waiting 45 mins for a render I can get in 5 (or 1 min with my new card)... but, some people are difficult to please. I honestly don't understand why some people complain about it. If you don't like it... DON'T USE IT! Try posting something positive and helpful.
Something positive : I missed her hairy pussy !

• Haha
Reactions: Night Hacker

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
It's a 3060 I got, and obviously you DO give a shit as you're the ONLY ONE who continues to whine and bitch every time I suggest that people use denoising to speed things up.

Here's an idea, instead of attacking me for my suggestions, why not come up with your own helpful ideas? You know, be positive.

Anyhow, I reposted the same images I have posted TWICE BEFORE on here, once in a past reply to YOU when you bitched before showing two renders I did, one with denoising that took 5 mins, one without that took me 45mins on my old card and you cannot see the difference. I even tricked everyone the last time by renaming them with 5MIN and 45MIN in the file name and people picked the one with 5MIN in the filename as the denoised image even though it was not, purely because of the filename where I purposely misnamed them. :) It proved you couldn't tell. I posted them again. Pick the denoised image. You have a 50/50 chance of being right.

Try and be positive rather than attacking other people's ideas. I'm trying to help people improve their renders and especially rendering times on older hardware, that's my sole purpose for suggesting it. I'll never understand your complaining about it. If you dislike it, come with an alternative suggestion, otherwise you're just whining.
Wow, you really got bent out of shape, I never responded to either of your posts, so NO there is not a single post that I even attempted to pick between your two images, stop saying otherwise (remember I don't give a shit if you use a denoiser just in misstatements).

With respect to helping the community, I believe my contributions and links to downloadable material speak for themselves.

I am bored with this conversation, you can facepalm it all you want. All new replies will be ignored.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes