3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Still amazed at how many people think denoising has zero effect on image quality. Not saying it doesn't help and in some cases (low resolution image) it does come in handy. Denoising is destructive, plain and simple.

I do not hate on denoising, I use it on occasion. Just telling my truth.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Still amazed at how many people think denoising has zero effect on image quality. Not saying it doesn't help and in some cases (low resolution image) it does come in handy. Denoising is destructive, plain and simple.

I do not hate on denoising, I use it on occasion. Just telling my truth.
only at certain levels of detail. if you cant see at those levels you can get away with really low samples and denoising. Even in scenes with high levels of detail you can use denoising as long as you let it run long enough to get rid of the visual artifacts. You can get your renders in a fraction of the time with no real perceivable drop in quality unless you zoom in and go pixel hunting.
There are cases where using the denoiser is a really bad idea. Like in animation. it will cause real bad visual artifacts because each frame is denoised independently.

Last edited:

Kvitravn Dev

Making Memories / Further Education
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
Finally upgraded my 1050TI 4G to a 3060 12G... BIG difference in what I can do now. Rerendering all my scenes for the third time... LMAO... ah well, at least this time around the improvement is huge... more details, much faster renders. This scene took me two mins to render with denoising on and 200 iterations (don't need more with denoising) and all my texture resolutions at full (before I had to reduce them).

This is my old scene, took me 5-10 mins to render with textures at half the resolution and much of the scene geometry hidden or removed to make room in my VRAM to do it with denoising...
View attachment 1880913

And this is the new scene with all scene geometry enabled and textures at full resolution with denoising... under 2 mins to render this... (I also enabled field of view on the camera which I didn't have on before)...
View attachment 1880914
That's gonna be me next month, can't wait !
Also congratulations and best of luck !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes