3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
It might be the figure and clothes I used. Which is Sabrina from Krashwerk.
and the clothes. Which is Rhiannon Halter Appeal for G8 and G8.1 Females.
Which is why it don't look right. But that more like my lack of skills. Then the figure or cloths being the issue.
It's most definitely the model then. I thought it was your sliders and changes, but it's definitely the base model. Which, I agree, to each his own, if you like it then cool. But it's what really distracted me in a bad way in that render.

Besides that, I apologize for not making proper quotes, but I'm on phone and eh..it's a pain in the ass.
RE: Feet. Those closeups you posted as examples are exactly that, closeups. Face, maybe bust. What people meant by the feet is that half the left foot is in the render, half isn't. Or another example, people cutting off at the ankles. Or similarly when people cut off at the forehead.

There are more portrait lengths that people use, but a good start is the basic three. Head and shoulders which is basically a bust, three quarters which cuts off around the knees, usually below them but in a few cases slightly above and full length, which has the entire figure in it. Sure, rules can be broken on special occasions but they are rules for a reason. The closups you posted are all a head and shoulders type of framing. Or at least the ones I saw from those links.

As for lighting and composition...there's no way around it, I suggest you watch a few photography tutorials on the subject. After you do that, there's a few good plugins you can use, like IDG's lighting and cameras. But if you don't understand the basics of photography it'll be very hard if not impossible to use those plugins properly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
And some of my latest work here. I went for an 'interview at a strip club' type of theme on the first one. I liked the result quite a lot but I didn't have the patience to let it render for 10+ hours. Not sure if it's visible on the resized version posted here but eh..

test.png

On that second one, I used Mousso's new character which is simply amazing in my opinion. That's a quick and dirty render and the character WILL change over time, with more details and subtle morphing etc, but it's an excellent base for me to work on the next character.

Cianne.png

Trustin_41

Oct 11, 2020
And some of my latest work here. I went for an 'interview at a strip club' type of theme on the first one. I liked the result quite a lot but I didn't have the patience to let it render for 10+ hours. Not sure if it's visible on the resized version posted here but eh..

View attachment 1972154

On that second one, I used Mousso's new character which is simply amazing in my opinion. That's a quick and dirty render and the character WILL change over time, with more details and subtle morphing etc, but it's an excellent base for me to work on the next character.

View attachment 1972155
Cianne is so realistic ,,, great work ,,, great post !!!!

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Thank you for the Tip! Their a reason why I cut of her feet. Although not a good reason now that I think about it. Any the reason why is their a favorite scenes by DM call the close ups

Due to how it comes with lights, cameras,and background. To make quick,but great scenes. The drawback and you might of noticed by the renders example If not the name itself. It gear toward making bust or portraits renders where the main focus is the upper body to face . Due to my inexperienced and lack of knowledge. I couldn't use it to make a full render of the body. Because the greybox that out of the render view was near the foot. So it would made a bad render look worse.
I have used those premade scenes before. DM has some very good stuff. But you are correct, it is not always easy to take a scene that is made for portraits and extend it to full body images. One thing with the DM Close Up props, you can move them! if you don't move them a very long way they can be placed just out of view and that would have solved the issue you had with toes not in the frame.

And KrashWerks models almost universally have exaggerated features, such as breasts that would keep a team of chiropractors in business for a lifetime, and butts that make all seating seem like you are sitting in an automotive child seat. Maybe that last sentence was more for atheran so that he knows this is a 'feature' of the KrashWerks model.

• Red Heart

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
And KrashWerks models almost universally have exaggerated features, such as breasts that would keep a team of chiropractors in business for a lifetime, and butts that make all seating seem like you are sitting in an automotive child seat. Maybe that last sentence was more for atheran so that he knows this is a 'feature' of the KrashWerks model.
No wonder there's no KrashWerks models in my library then :)

But curiously enough it was neither the breasts nor the ass that seemed weird to me (ChioAnabe has desensitised me on that subject already) but the waist. But I think his request for feedback was on composition and lighting etc, not on the model itself. The only reason I mentioned it is because I thought it was slider work.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
No wonder there's no KrashWerks models in my library then :)

But curiously enough it was neither the breasts nor the ass that seemed weird to me (ChioAnabe has desensitised me on that subject already) but the waist. But I think his request for feedback was on composition and lighting etc, not on the model itself. The only reason I mentioned it is because I thought it was slider work.
Nope, every Krashwerks model has super thin waists. I was looking over all of them except for the specific one he used which was Sabrina. That model is even more exaggerated. KrashWerks Sabrina is almost as big as ChioAnabe's work posted here, right out of the box. Just a side note, the VN 16 Years Later! uses Krashwerks models for the majority of the main characters, I had never seen that in the other VN's I follow.

With respect to advice, I think everyone gave Leeduva a lot to think about. He has a lot of feedback to digest and I am sure he will be proud of his future renders.

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes