3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Anna2021

May 9, 2021
Unlike the usual case for a 3d rendered character, I feel there is a little too much going on behind her eyes. The reference model has this sort of "sloth possessing a cow turned into a human" sort of feel to her. Like she wished on a lamp for bigger tits and the genie used her brain for it. (And if anyone has a good character asset with very pale "ghost nipples", do tell.)
View attachment 2067285
Ellithia 8 transparency maps on Aurore 8 pale skin. Lynna hair. Cloth simmed breasts. 50% Ellithia 8 and 35% Curvy HD body shape, hip bone size, and hip morphs from Shape Shift did the tweaking. Face is a few dozen morphs starting from RN Kayla. There's a nice bump to her hips that can't be seen unless she turns around, I forgot to mix in abdomen length like I normally do.
Damn, those eyes attract me so much!:eek::eek:

very nice! :love::love::love:(y)(y)(y)
sorry I've run out my reactions for today! :cry:

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Created 84 custom expressions so far. Just got done rendering the face for each one as a 512x512 image for use as large icons for the expressions... I was going to upload the expressions here for anyone that my want them but the file is too large to attach (17M)... anyhow, they turned out okay I thought. The icon being 512x512 means when you go to use it, if you point at the expression to use, it will show you a large image in the tooltip for it. Creating my own makes it much simpler as I create to add an expression.

Update: I added a link to Workupload if anyone wants them. They're made by me, the only ones that MAY require something more is the ones with the tears (like, two of them I think), otherwise they should be okay as I tried using just the default controls for them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can download these (WorkUpload link).

These are designed for a Genesis 3 Female, but I find that they also work on Genesis 3 Males as well for the most part. They'll be in the Presets folder under Poses and G3F Expressions if you just send them to My Library.
Didn't try them yet, but propper expressions are always welcome! Nice work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Sorry for the reupload. I forgot to upload the character sheet yesterday. I want to be open on the assets that I used. Just in case someone is interested in using it.
cs 2.jpg cs 3.jpg cs.jpg
Assets list.
⦁ Thicc Project
⦁ G8F Natural 3 Private
⦁ Versus Models G8F Head Free
⦁ Twizted Skins MR
⦁ Twizted Nails G8
⦁ Dyeable Nail Designs
⦁ Gothic MakeUp
⦁ TMHL Spooky Eyes
⦁ VYK MaterialEYEZ
⦁ Succubus Hair
⦁ CurlyUpdoHairG8
⦁ Physics HighRes Breasts
⦁ af Catsuit
⦁ Z Ultimate Laying on the Floor Pose Collection
⦁ Surge Necromancer
⦁ V 100 Expressions The Gold Collection 02 Genesis 8.1 Female
⦁ Midnight story Succubus
⦁ Surge Necromancer
⦁ Cake One
⦁ HomerMoncada render studio

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
I added some droplets/splashes w/ sy rigged water.. not a big fan of how it turned out in the hair but the sword looks better.
I have messed around with some decals to add things like moisture to the hoodie and the coat but they didn't really look that great. Does that bundle have geoshells for clothing?
The character already had a moisture geoshell but that plus the rigged water ended up looking better too.

View attachment 2067305

I just used a Daz Geoshell to each piece of clothing/prop, then added the wet drops from the Ultimate Skin Moisture pack, & followed the tips for skin colour, & it came out looking right for what I wanted, to save on RAM I deleted those that weren't in camera.

astralmess

Jan 16, 2022
It's hilarious to see people saying "no postwork" as it's a some sort of badge of honor.

Your end product is a 2D image, it's not render olympics.

I'd maybe understand the sentiment in a 3D game, but lets be real, 90% of 3D games use image effects or filters.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
It's hilarious to see people saying "no postwork" as it's a some sort of badge of honor.

Your end product is a 2D image, it's not render olympics.

I'd maybe understand the sentiment in a 3D game, but lets be real, 90% of 3D games use image effects or filters.
There is a difference to lets say adding a fire in daz and adding a fire effect in photoshop. I'm not a purist or anything but i do try to do as little post work as possible to get the desired effect, mostly for my own convenience.
If you render a scene from multiple pov's or just have things change in the scene its going to be very difficult to maintain continuity in the effects.
Doing more of the work in daz and less in post also has the added bonus that you become better at using the actual program.
I can see some artists using the render as some starting off point and just painting over it. A perfectly good way to use it for but the renders themselves are not going to be very good.

Last edited:

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
astralmess

when I started rendering I've also thought it would be some kind of great thing to use no PW ( I mean at least it took some expertise to set up your renders perfectly)
but there are some/ many things which are way easier to do in postwork (and also save you a lot of render time)

grohotor

some years ago when renders were far away from being realistic I saw something heavy postworked they'd called render - but I'm not sure if there was a pixel left from the original render piece

Last edited:
Reactions: astralmess

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
As grohotor said, using nothing but Daz & some .obj files, & doing everything possible within Daz Studio to Render the scene. Teaches you more about Daz than an hour long render, & two hours of Ye Olde Photoshoppe only teaches you to use Photoshoppe, your still going to stay around the same level in Daz as you were maybe 6 months after starting using Daz Studio.
One of the reasons for putting up a ''NO POSTWORK'' on my Renders is to show how much you can do without resorting to Postwork. It also stops the silly questions of did you use Ye olde Photoshoppe, for 'X' or 'Y'.
My personal take on the ''NO POSTWORK'' tag, is purely what I've just said, & as this thread is about your ''Daz Skills'' I'm saying this is the level I'm at now, having used Daz Studio for around 6 years now. My output may be less than in the past, between building my characters (morphs, muscles, etc) which take time, I never take a G8 figure as it comes, dress it pose it, & add a scene. I even 'Kitbash' parts of one or two buildings with the help of Blender, to make something that works for me. I can often spend around two weeks or more trying to fix a scene, before it even goes near a render setting, but I get soo much more satisfaction that way.

So if putting up a 'No Postwork' tag, in this thread is a badge of honour, then I'll wear mine with pride.

P.S. I'm usually more than happy to answer questions about how I've done 'X or Y', so long as it's understandable as a question.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
As grohotor said, using nothing but Daz & some .obj files, & doing everything possible within Daz Studio to Render the scene. Teaches you more about Daz than an hour long render, & two hours of Ye Olde Photoshoppe only teaches you to use Photoshoppe, your still going to stay around the same level in Daz as you were maybe 6 months after starting using Daz Studio.
One of the reasons for putting up a ''NO POSTWORK'' on my Renders is to show how much you can do without resorting to Postwork. It also stops the silly questions of did you use Ye olde Photoshoppe, for 'X' or 'Y'.
My personal take on the ''NO POSTWORK'' tag, is purely what I've just said, & as this thread is about your ''Daz Skills'' I'm saying this is the level I'm at now, having used Daz Studio for around 6 years now. My output may be less than in the past, between building my characters (morphs, muscles, etc) which take time, I never take a G8 figure as it comes, dress it pose it, & add a scene. I even 'Kitbash' parts of one or two buildings with the help of Blender, to make something that works for me. I can often spend around two weeks or more trying to fix a scene, before it even goes near a render setting, but I get soo much more satisfaction that way.

So if putting up a 'No Postwork' tag, in this thread is a badge of honour, then I'll wear mine with pride.

P.S. I'm usually more than happy to answer questions about how I've done 'X or Y', so long as it's understandable as a question.
we should make it a hash-tag. I don't even know how to use photoshop so all I had left was to learn how to do everything in daz.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes