Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Need help with post treatment.

Here is the Daz3d screen :
View attachment 235392

I think it's too yellow, doesn't it ?

So I've done Photoshop post treatment (contrast, color, ton, ...) :
View attachment 235400

I think it's better but I wan't your opinion on it (Do your own PS treatment and post it to show me the way).
So I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds since I'm a new face, but post work is my favorite part of rendering so I wanted to take a really quick swing at this.

You said you did contrast/color/tone? Do you mean the auto contrast, auto color, auto tone that's built into PS? I tend to find those.... meh. Like they do an alright job but you have so little control over the end results! In yours, I think it got the excessively yellow tone from it, but I also feel like it almost made them look kind of sickly? Like it removed a lot of the warmth from their skin.

But also, like someone else said, I didn't think the original image looked overly yellow-- just like a normal, artificial indoor lighting. But if you wanted the yellow toned down, I tried it with an LUT and selective color with the yellow lowered.

LUT selective.png

rofax

Artist
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
I love the lighting in these. Do you have any tips or resources on improving on it?
Thank you!! :giggle: I'm personally a big fan of colored lights because I think it adds a lot of atmosphere to pictures. Like, I use colorful lights.... 90% of the time. But also three point lighting and a solid rim light does a lot!!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes