3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I am not sure if this is the right thread ...

have something tested in photoshop

this image is in 9 layers - every detail as a single render .. background is rendered in blender - the rest is in iray with daz 3d ... maybe a good idea to start with a game ?

(i used scripts to take the cam from daz3d to blender at the same position) /// - u still have to reimport the scene in order to get the textures right ... View attachment 237678
If every detail is a single layer, why don't you put a drop shadow on the layers in photosop? This will make it look more natural and you can make the layer effect for one layer and then simply copy and paste it to all the other layer

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Early morning conversation at the pier. Background is a Creative Commons image of Newport Beach, which this VN is loosely based on. I took the single image, enlarged it, and split it, gave it a little Gaussian blur, then inserted the left side behind the scene when viewing the MC, and the right side behind Mandy when viewing her. The image was toned down to make the lighting look more like it would in the early morning hours when this conversation is taking place. The fact that there are a limited number of people on the beach is also typical for this hour. Shutter speed was slowed down, and exposure opened up a little bit to allow the natural lighting (including DTHDR Sunset A) to illuminate the characters without making them look overly blown out. Inside light on the gazebo of the pier is also on, providing some interesting shadows. The cresting sun is giving the light seen to the back of the MC and on Mandy's left arm.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Here's the continuation of my previous post. Just one thing, having no presets i made all the poses manually all by myself, so i apologise if some of them looks unnatural.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not bad, just a bit stiff here and there.
Why do you have no presets if I may ask?

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
I've been working on a Studio-Setup. I'd like to get more detail into the skin and get it to be a little more realistic, but i'am not sure how to achieve this.
Still i'am pretty happy with this render.
View attachment 237932
Imperfections. If everything was one skin color, it wouldn't look real, just like how cartoons are. Freckles, bumps, lines, moles, and so on. Don't worry friend, we are all trying to add more detail without having to spend 20 hours rendering one picture.

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
I've been working on a Studio-Setup. I'd like to get more detail into the skin and get it to be a little more realistic, but i'am not sure how to achieve this.
isnt that what the G8 HD versions gets?
for example:

Also be sure to set Pixel Filter Radius to 1.10 instead of 1.50 (Default)
(Rendering settings/Filtering)
That gives the overall image more details

you can also bump up Rendering Converged Ratio to 100% (Default is 98%)
all from this guide:

im not sure what am using its just a base G8.
HD or not i dont know lol
going to try one of the HD versions later to see if there is any difference in details.

Reactions: gouki

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
If every detail is a single layer, why don't you put a drop shadow on the layers in photosop? This will make it look more natural and you can make the layer effect for one layer and then simply copy and paste it to all the other layer
I think canvas rendering might be better suited for that, I think there is a way actually have shadows cast while also keeping objects separate by including items in the node list while also hiding it in render (I've only ever done it by accident though).

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Still i'am pretty happy with this render.
View attachment 237932
There are 3 ways of doing this:
- A HD morph to adjust the 3D geometry, such as Gia8 HD Addon as mentioned above. There are many other available also.
- Increase the variability of the skin texture. Simplest way I have seen to do this is via using the overlays in Skin Builder 8. The tutorials that I created as in my sig will help.
- You can also manually edit the texture / bump / normal maps, however this is more difficult and time consuming.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes