3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I don't think it's an OS upgrade, I've had this issue for months, particularly with specific scene files like the frozen lake. In fact, I think it might be all "snow" settings I've tried to use.
Oh I see. I always tend to assume it's down to my mac not being able to deal with Daz, as I'm always using its CPU for rendering etc. It must be super annoying for devs like yourself, as it can mess with your output and work schedules.
I'm not at the level of expertise to need photoshop so rely on gimp, yet as I said, it crashes when I try to load one of those HDRs into it, to change the file name. I guess it's like when tif files for older textures would always make Daz crash as well.
Super annoying!

I just realised I could always use a third party online service to change the file extension. There's some excellent ones out there.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I will say, as someone who is competent in daz, I think the big thing is learning to light properly. I barely have any knowledge in lighting, but seeing other artists in here do what they do it makes a world of difference. Barring that, a lighting preset you like.
Also, getting to understand mesh or ghost lighting (whichever you want to call it) by introducing emissive primitives or various shapes/sizes whenever you wish to remove the issue of annoying shadows (created by body parts etc).

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I think you maybe right but I don’t think it’s a Mac update issue as I use a Windows pc and have the same issue.
And this happens to you with every HDRI map or just specific ones? I am on Windows 11 and v4.22.0.16 of Daz Studio and can't reproduce the problem.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I think you maybe right but I don’t think it’s a Mac update issue as I use a Windows pc and have the same issue.

I will use a third party online file format changer to swap the HRD files from .exr format to .hdr if I can find one and report back. God I wish I had a PC with a decent Nvidia card, I have an old 8gb 1080 card on an old pc build I did ten years ago.
Runs Daz fine but I've been brainwashed by mac now.

firogenis80

Oct 11, 2019
Being human will be a remake of a very old story i created over 3 years ago. With different characters and a little changed scenario.
But the main theme will be an alien - transformation kind of story.
It will be ready in a week or so.
I create 3 full comics every month in 4K and usually over 100 scenes.
You can find my art on:

Join my discord for more exclusive stuff :

Natasha - Poster.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes