3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Quick Render#3: Tiger Dojo (Dawn) v0.5

Located in western part of fortified temple complex, this building used to be a guard tower back in the Sengoku Jidai period.

This place is one of the three starter origins (others are Crane & Snake) in the upcoming The Indomitable VN.

Next: QuickRender#4: Dragon Dojo (Dusk)

Previous
Quick Render#2: Snake Dojo (Dawn) v0.5

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Add a spray, blur the background and be gorgeous.
Sorry my stupid question, but how can i blur the background? i've already tried the camera DOF of daz 3d but im a noob and i can't seem to make it work right. I mean i know i have to make the model stand inside the focus area but even if i do that or the whole scene get blurred or the background gets blurred so little that its almost as it is in focus. Also by "add a spray" you mean add those Headshot taunts popping out in the middle of screen in all the retro fps arena?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry my stupid question, but how can i blur the background? i've already tried the camera DOF of daz 3d but im a noob and i can't seem to make it work right. I mean i know i have to make the model stand inside the focus area but even if i do that or the whole scene get blurred or the background gets blurred so little that its almost as it is in focus.
A quick way to do it.
First place a camera anywhere.
Select your cam>go on your Camera pane, select display, DOF plane color and choose a visible color (red for ex.)

Go now on Camera setting and activate the DOF :

With the help of Focal Distance place the red rectangle to fit your model
Everything outisde the red rectangle will have blur.
F/Stop set the amount of blur your want (the less F/Stop the more blurry)

Fstop value.png

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
A quick way to do it.
First place a camera anywhere.
Select your cam>go on your Camera pane, select display, DOF plane color and choose a visible color (red for ex.)

View attachment 308739

Go now on Camera setting and activate the DOF :

View attachment 308741

With the help of Focal Distance place the red rectangle to fit your model
Everything outisde the red rectangle will have blur.
F/Stop set the amount of blur your want (the less F/Stop the more blurry)

View attachment 308742
Thanks for the accurate tutorial, the real problem is that i cant fit all the characters inside the focus area. I mean if i lower the F/stop and play around with the Focal Distance, the way i placed the characters and the camera make it impossible to fit all of the inside the focus area. But anyway thanks again i'll just play around some more and will see what i can get out of it.

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for the accurate tutorial, the real problem is that i cant fit all the characters inside the focus area. I mean if i lower the F/stop and play around with the Focal Distance, the way i placed the characters and the camera make it impossible to fit all of the inside the focus area. But anyway thanks again i'll just play around some more and will see what i can get out of it.
Change the F/stop to lengthen the focal area I think or it is the Focal Length. I usually play with all of the Focus setting till I get the desired effect

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah it can be tricky with multiples characters, you can also play with Frame width for a larger focus area. Or you can also render one char with the desired focus/blur, render the others ones separately with no background and merge everything under GIMP/Photoshop.

U

User_1422337

Sorry my stupid question, but how can i blur the background? i've already tried the camera DOF of daz 3d but im a noob and i can't seem to make it work right. I mean i know i have to make the model stand inside the focus area but even if i do that or the whole scene get blurred or the background gets blurred so little that its almost as it is in focus. Also by "add a spray" you mean add those Headshot taunts popping out in the middle of screen in all the retro fps arena?
Yes, no__name correctly described everything about the focus settings of the camera. It's okay if not all characters get into focus. Let the focus be the most important character of the scene, to whom you want to focus the attention of the viewer. The scene will come to life.
I meant spray on the water. Now you have it like glass or jelly.
Sorry for my English, I am writing through Google translator)

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Yes, no__name correctly described everything about the focus settings of the camera. It's okay if not all characters get into focus. Let the focus be the most important character of the scene, to whom you want to focus the attention of the viewer. The scene will come to life.
I meant spray on the water. Now you have it like glass or jelly.
Sorry for my English, I am writing through Google translator)
Ah you mean splashes. And yup i noticed too the water looks a little odd, i'll see what i can do. Can spashes be added in postwork?
Also don't worry about your english, i am too a non native english.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes