3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
why my neon does not light someone can help me please
If you take a look at the characters right shoe, it is actually lighting the character. The positioning and intensity of the neon light however is not currently suitable to significantly light the view we have of the character.

Reactions: TheDevian

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
why my neon does not light someone can help me please
In addition to anything else others have said here, you may want to check the material settings are set up correctly. I assume the letters just have emissive materials assigned to them so you probably just have to tweak some sliders maybe.

Additionally, if you have no nearby surfaces for the glow to hit you could try adding bloom and experimenting with that. But be aware that rendering effects like bloom straight in Daz can make the rendering process slower, and things like that might be best left for post processing if you're okay with image editing in software like photoshop.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok final version, I won't change anything at this point anymore. I can't get it to where I wanted it to be, but I feel like too much focus on one thing isn't good, so I need a change :D
As I didn't have anything better, I used glowing Metal shaders on the crystals :D

Evic

May 25, 2018
I put some ghostlights in the chest crystal, definitly something I don't want to do for every crystal :D
This one has an emissive rock. You tend to need a few things to get the look exactly like you want but the big one is that the emissive surface's luminance will need to be much higher than you may think. For this one it's at 50,000 cd/cm2. No ghost light needed unless you need to cheat to control how bright the surface looks or you need to soften shadows.

Taya 1 small.png

The entire scene is lit with a single large 1250k temp emissive surface off camera "below" the rocks, a 2250k temp smaller emissive surface (also out of view) near the rock face behind the model and the white glowing rock.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
This one has an emissive rock. You tend to need a few things to get the look exactly like you want but the big one is that the emissive surface's luminance will need to be much higher than you may think. For this one it's at 50,000 cd/cm2. No ghost light needed unless you need to cheat to control how bright the surface looks or you need to soften shadows.

View attachment 327012

The entire scene is lit with a single large 1250k temp emissive surface off camera "below" the rocks, a 2250k temp smaller emissive surface (also out of view) near the rock face behind the model and the white glowing rock.
Wow! This image looks a bit like it is drawn :O Really cool.
I actually had the Luminance really high, the problem is that those crystals kind of lost they geometry because of it. I think I could've need either better shadows on them or dark outlines.

My problem with lights in general is, that I still don't get how far they need to be away from an object to get a certein amout of lightning. And in this scene I often couldn't decide, if any lights do anything :D

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes