3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster teach me how to do that effect it looks superb
Credit goes to Evic that taught me in the first place. It's fairly easy as you just have to create a DAZ primitive to surround the scene with the appropriate parameters. Step by step below:
- Create Primitive Box / Sphere that encompasses the scene.
- Glossy Layered Weight --> 0
- Glossy Reflectivity --> 0
- Refraction Index --> 1
- Refraction Weight --> 1
- Thin Walled --> Off
- Scattering Measurement Distance --> About 50
- SSS Amount --> About 0.01
- SSS Direction --> 0.50
Essentially the first 4 surface changes stops the primitive acting like a solid box, whilst the last 4 create the scattering. You need to play around with the last 3 numbers to get the degree of mist / dust / scattering you desire. Knowing the above eliminates the need to procure an asset such as Godrays.

I would also note that when you introduce a scattering field, the image will not converge. Hence you need to render at high resolution and down-sample. For example, the image above I rendered at 6400 x 3600, then down-sampled to 1920 x 1080. However with this level of down-sampling you can get away with about 50 iterations.

Another example of what can be done with the same scattering field (old image I have posted before). This image uses a single emissive light source from the skin on the characters palm:
Glow2.jpg

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Credit goes to Evic that taught me in the first place. It's fairly easy as you just have to create a DAZ primitive to surround the scene with the appropriate parameters. Step by step below:
- Create Primitive Box / Sphere that encompasses the scene.
- Glossy Layered Weight --> 0
- Glossy Reflectivity --> 0
- Refraction Index --> 1
- Refraction Weight --> 1
- Thin Walled --> Off
- Scattering Measurement Distance --> About 50
- SSS Amount --> About 0.01
- SSS Direction --> 0.50
Essentially the first 4 surface changes stops the primitive acting like a solid box, whilst the last 4 create the scattering. You need to play around with the last 3 numbers to get the degree of mist / dust / scattering you desire. Knowing the above eliminates the need to procure an asset such as Godrays.

I would also note that when you introduce a scattering field, the image will not converge. Hence you need to render at high resolution and down-sample. For example, the image above I rendered at 6400 x 3600, then down-sampled to 1920 x 1080. However with this level of down-sampling you can get away with about 50 iterations.

Another example of what can be done with the same scattering field (old image I have posted before). This image uses a single emissive light source from the skin on the characters palm:
View attachment 327683
Thanks Xavster I will give that a go today

Evic

May 25, 2018
I know that's just an example image (again) but it's still awesome. :)

Also, I learned it from Sickleyield's tutorial on Deviant Art, so it's not really my trick but I do use it a lot.

Isa 1.png

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
toi qui fait des superbe post peut tu me donner quelque conseil svp
Oula je sais pas si je suis la meilleure personne pour ça, tous se que je fais c'est au feeling. Je galère autant que toi xD La pluspart des poses et compagnie je fais ça en 5/10 max 30min quand je commence a ajouté un environnement. Mais merci du compliment ^^
Lui m'a bien aidé
Son kit de lumière est pas mal.

Wow, I don't know if I'm the best person for this, all I do is feel. I'm struggling as much as you are xD

Last edited:
Reactions: jfredy78
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes