3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

bts

Nov 21, 2017
This thread is far from inactive, not sure where you got that idea. Anyway...

As far as character models. I have quite a few characters downloaded and most of them put a slider into the actual model. So what I like to do is try different % of different models and see what I can come up with. You can get a decent amount of variation by making slight adjustments and combos of different models. Some of them look terrible when combined, you'll have to explore it yourself. This mostly applies to heads as I feel more comfortable shaping bodies.

I think she is just a smidge short of a smile. I realize you said subtle, but if this was a dial (and it might be) I'd tick it like one or two % up. Of course I haven't seen the character's "resting face" so it might be enough. If you show her normal expression just before a subtle smile, the subtlety is easier to detect and this might be plenty. I can personally spend like 30min on an expression if I don't like it, so take that as you will.

Overall, I'd say the scene is very stark. If that's intentional, ignore the rest. If you have an easy way to make the walls a color other than white, it would help. It could be really light, just something mild would be fine. Given just this scene, nothing screams hospital to me. I realize, having been told it's a hospital, she is holding the edge of a hospital bed. If you can include more of the MC's body in the bed, that might help. The more traditional approach would be to have her to one side. Then you can include hospital equipment in the shot. If you stay with this angle, I can't help but feel like some minor detail could be on that back wall. Be it a cabinet, a white board, box of gloves, I dunno.
I was looking at the registration date on of the user who posted just before me, and not at the date of the post. That's why I thought the last post was on 2nd May, my mistake.

Regarding the dial thing, I looked around and saw what you were talking about. That's helpful, I'll see what sorts of results I get combining models with various weightage.

I think her smile would be a fairly visible because the previous render (attached) involves a sad + deep thought face. I haven't been able to get that to my liking, but seeing how you said you spend as much as 30 mins on an expression, I clearly am not doing enough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As far as it not being a hospital is concerned, that works well for me as I'm writing a mystery science fiction sort of game and would incorporate the "this doesn't look like much of a hospital" into the plot (basically yes it's intentional). However, I did not want it to not look like a hospital at all. I think the image in this post does a better job at having the room to my liking.

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback :)

Reactions: JackBeNimble

bts

Nov 21, 2017
@bts The render quality seems fine, you use good shaders and lighting so that's good, but a little poke-through in the chest area. Time and practice will make you better

Some people complain about commonly used assets, but there really is a lack of assets for Daz users. You can always go to the shapes tab in Daz and turn down the dials for certain heads and bodies. Play around, you might come up with someone beautiful and new. But people have also made successful games using the Lilith, Victoria, Michael, and Darius models just as they are.
Thanks for the information regarding the dials. Another user also pointed that out and now I'm looking into this.

I didn't realise that the skin color patches were poke through. They fit right in with the design of the shirt and I failed to notice them. I'll be careful about those in the future though, never would have caught that one :p .

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Well to me it looks like part of the design... so im not convinced it's poke through but you can see this in DAZ yourself.
What resolution you using? Are you using Max samples and if so what settings?

Thanks for the information regarding the dials. Another user also pointed that out and now I'm looking into this.

I didn't realise that the skin color patches were poke through. They fit right in with the design of the shirt and I failed to notice them. I'll be careful about those in the future though, never would have caught that one :p .

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Some more experimentation with low-light and contrasting shadows. Also with getting a prop into a hand and posed, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely need to practice up on that. A little over 24 hours into this Daz stuff and I'm at least starting to get the hang of where certain things are, obviously a lot further to go in learning how to actually do things lol.

bts

Nov 21, 2017
Well to me it looks like part of the design... so im not convinced it's poke through but you can see this in DAZ yourself.
What resolution you using? Are you using Max samples and if so what settings?
Resolution - 1920x1080
Max samples - 5000 (I believe that was the default)
Why do you ask?

Also, they are poke through.

Decreasing breast size gets rid of them, so not design. Some of the design is deceivingly similar to the poke throughs though, so it doesn't really matter I think.

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Decreasing breast size gets rid of them, so not design. Some of the design is deceivingly similar to the poke throughs though, so it doesn't really matter I think.
for dressed characters can turn off the visibility of body parts(boobs,gens and etc), then the clothes will stick out as it should and the holes will not

Reactions: bts

bts

Nov 21, 2017
for dressed characters can turn off the visibility of body parts(boobs,gens and etc), then the clothes will stick out as it should and the holes will not
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know we could do that, relatively unexperienced with daz.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I was looking at the registration date on of the user who posted just before me, and not at the date of the post. That's why I thought the last post was on 2nd May, my mistake.

Regarding the dial thing, I looked around and saw what you were talking about. That's helpful, I'll see what sorts of results I get combining models with various weightage.

I think her smile would be a fairly visible because the previous render (attached) involves a sad + deep thought face. I haven't been able to get that to my liking, but seeing how you said you spend as much as 30 mins on an expression, I clearly am not doing enough.

As far as it not being a hospital is concerned, that works well for me as I'm writing a mystery science fiction sort of game and would incorporate the "this doesn't look like much of a hospital" into the plot (basically yes it's intentional). However, I did not want it to not look like a hospital at all. I think the image in this post does a better job at having the room to my liking.

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback :)
Yeah, the side by side makes the smile much more clear. As for the hospital, sounds like it was intentional, so no issues. Also, I see there is a blue line on the wall in that shot. So I think you might want to keep this angle for the other shot or at least something close to it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know we could do that, relatively unexperienced with daz.
The most common problem I have is when clothes clip each other. A lot of times toggling visibility isn't really an option. The well designed clothes have adjustment sliders on them in parameters. Like a shirt that lets you adjust the waist around or inside the pants. A lot of clothes have breast adjustments as well for those pesky boobs. Also, keep an eye out for pose sliders in the clothes. Like pants will have a sitting slider.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes