3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

PowerZ

Dec 24, 2017
Sandy.png
I haven't made very many of these as I'm still playing around with everything.
Man is there ever a lot to tinker with in this program.
Yet I will share this, my first worthwhile render.

I really should have gone more sex appeal, but it's more of an intro shot.
Trying to get her face and personality right.

I find faces either make them look like a doll (which can be cool) or like a person.
Either way I'm trying to put some life into them, I don't know if I'm succeeding.

SecsMurphy

Dec 25, 2018
What did you use for wet effect
Hair is the default texture. For the skin turn up the gloss and lower the roughness. I'm not near my computer at the moment I'll check the settings then edit this post later.

EDIT: Settings

settings.jpg

The droplets are from .

I rendered one with drops and one without. Then I overlayed one over the other with Photoshop. I ended up erasing a lot of the drops as they just made her look like she had measles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namco15

SecsMurphy

Dec 25, 2018
Anybody knows this clothes assets name ?
View attachment 426712
are the assets listed on the daz 3d website

EDIT :

At the bottom of the page

"Notes
  • This product includes:
    • 1 DSON Core Installer
  • Additional Products used in Promo Images:
    • "

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
is there an official name for the process that the developer for 'Cure My Addiction' uses?
View attachment 426238

It just looks like a photoshop cutout because the shape of the mask is too impregnated compared to what you can do on daz. He just created a UV mask (pink) so that the cutting is seen as little as possible in game (it looks more professional than what was done on the tyrant and the choice of clothes).
Basically 2 rendered, 2 rendered cut, 1 naked and 1 with the bikini. It's ren'py layeredimage.

bad example as I seem to not be able to find the tits... okay I didn't look, but you should get the point
It just looks like a photoshop cutout because the shape of the mask is too impregnated compared to what you can do on daz. He just created a UV mask (pink) so that the cutting is seen as little as possible in game and little helped also well positioned the cut pieces (it looks more professional than what was done on the tyrant and the choice of clothes).
Basically 2 rendered, 2 rendered cut, 1 naked and 1 with the bikini. It's ren'py layeredimage.

Anybody knows this clothes assets name ?
View attachment 426712

Last edited:
Reactions: lexx228
Jul 8, 2017
May i ask what are you using for lightning? I saw the shower comes with that nice dim light at the top.
For this scene I used paper tigers revolution HDRI point lights with all custom locations and lots of overhead rim's. Also I had one photometric eye reflection light pointed at her eyes.

I used the viewport NVIDIA Iray previewer with a Gaussian filter to load fast to test my lighting at different angles before setting up the camera and making sure to have the headlamp on all my cameras turned off (as they can blow out your image)

Normally I don't do so many lights but I was working with 3 different characters separated by different environment elements so had to work out the shadows.

1570907081287.png
1570907122913.png

Reactions: CulayTL

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 426543

Hi guys! This is my first ever "Scene" render and I'm wondering if you could give it a honest review, what can I improve on? etc.

My personal critic is that there are still some grain (on her thumb) after 9hrs of rendering, I'm also not really happy with the background. I placed a flat green surface from another Environment prop and some Tree props to give it some feel of depth, but it just doesn't feel... right. I was trying to use some HDRI backgrounds but that looked even worse or out of place. I was trying to go for an early morning summer vibe which I think came of quite good, what are your thoughts?

I also want to know if this render would be good if used in a game? Is this acceptable quality?

Can you guys please help out this little newbito with some advise? :geek:
Composition, posing and storytelling are always a good thing to improve, you will never stop to learn new things about those topics.
Same goes for lighting. For a sunny and early morning the light looks a little bit odd. The shadows are little bit too short for my taste and the light is too bright and warm. More like an late afternoon or evening. The light in the early moring is cooler b/c the air is cleansed by the night.(I'm not talking about the blue hour. ;)) HDRI are a special beast to tame, you could use them as backdrops but their mainpurpose is "light directions".
Your textures could need a little boost. The door behind him looks, like it got plastered with a glossy photoprint. Similar could be said for the black pebbles, they could use more bump. Textures and shader(-settings) are also a thing you will never stop learning new things about.
But for your first scene, not bad. Not bad at all, my first scenes where awfull. XD

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes