5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
So, theres a new party member? I thought for sure it was going to be either faye or the girl we saved.
Thank God its not, everytime she talks i can't help but hear orks.
"Oh Boy! Wot we gunna do on da bed bawss??"

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Prime example of someone complaining about development time but probably don't care to sub. Either that or they ARE subbed and they don't understand that projects can have huge setbacks like, oh, I dunno, losing your entire programming team?

That aside give this game time, they're literally two people right now and they're working on what they can.
you're right. I apologize for being so pessimistic. This is nothing new, in fact, I just checked their patreon and it seems the game only gets a new beta update ~once every year so they're actually right on track!
Honestly, I think the biggest problem is the fact that they funnel everything they do (Commissions, Livestreams, Deathblight comic, the game, the many sub-games) all under the same patreon, so when people donate, they're expecting the money to go only to the thing they want yet their goals are mostly structured around everything but the game.
It doesn't help that instead of focusing their already spread out direction on a couple things (e.g. Commissions, Comic and 1 game) they decide to drop even more games that will require even more development time.

Leonadis77

Feb 3, 2018
you're right. I apologize for being so pessimistic. This is nothing new, in fact, I just checked their patreon and it seems the game only gets a new beta update ~once every year so they're actually right on track!
Honestly, I think the biggest problem is the fact that they funnel everything they do (Commissions, Livestreams, Deathblight comic, the game, the many sub-games) all under the same patreon, so when people donate, they're expecting the money to go only to the thing they want yet their goals are mostly structured around everything but the game.
It doesn't help that instead of focusing their already spread out direction on a couple things (e.g. Commissions, Comic and 1 game) they decide to drop even more games that will require even more development time.
Thanks, this is good to know

Reactions: Marlin Brandy

KaraokeLoki

Apr 9, 2018
God, you're so right. I have NO idea why they started making more games if they can't even handle the development of one. I honestly can't tell if it is desperation or if they want to ride out the Patreon rollercoaster until everyone unsubscribes. To me, that's like riding a bike when you don't have the wheels for the frame, or the tires aren't even pumped with air. I for one, wish them only the best in trying to get back up on their feet and I'm sure you feel exactly the same.

Swat10212

Jun 25, 2017
20200920 esmöööööda.png
Hello everyone!
Time to write another progress update.
As you can see above, more Esmoda battle sprites were made.
The fourth character is a bit odd in Ahrimans code for Asagi, since the forth character only got one set of clothes instead of normal clothes + slave clothes.
We figured we follow that since we want to avoid the game to explode with bugs.
It's like with spaghetti, pull one noodle and you never know what else gets affected by it :'D
Soooo, the demons simply think Esmoda's outfit is lewd enough already, especially when the top gets removed and you can see through the transparent part of her clothes, haha^^

I personally find it pretty confusing to figure out what kind of graphics Esmoda needs since the charactersheets of the fourth character differ heavily from the first 3, so I can't just draw what the other girls had and call it a day. But I'm getting there and I don't think there should be a lot battle graphics left to draw^^
As for the Catheline job, Wolf is still working on that one.
Anyways, hope you like the new Esmoda graphic and that's it for now.

~Crescentia

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
View attachment 824097
Hello everyone!
The fourth character is a bit odd in Ahrimans code for Asagi, since the forth character only got one set of clothes instead of normal clothes + slave clothes.
It's like with spaghetti, pull one noodle and you never know what else gets affected by it :'D
Soooo, the demons simply think Esmoda's outfit is lewd enough already, especially when the top gets removed and you can see through the transparent part of her clothes, haha^^

I personally find it pretty confusing to figure out what kind of graphics Esmoda needs since the charactersheets of the fourth character differ heavily from the first 3, so I can't just draw what the other girls had and call it a day. But I'm getting there and I don't think there should be a lot battle graphics left to draw^^

~Crescentia
So...wait, esmoda is only getting 1 outfit, on top of not even being nude?
That's a major let down.
eca.png

Last edited:

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
if what some one told me was true there only doing this for there comic book. but i don't know i will keep this game and play it for the art is good and so is the story. it would be great if they finished the game but then hard to say what will happen.

Jun 19, 2018
View attachment 824097
Hello everyone!

~Crescentia
OMFG They are using Ahriman's code, not even working on it from scratch and progress is still so slow. Haven't had a real update in 2 years.

Why is it that every time a game has good artwork it has shit gameplay or development schedule while every time a game has good gameplay it has bad artwork...

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i like there rpg game there shooter game suck's i just want the one where you do job's go kick ass in adventures. the shooter game can be trashed. that is what i think don't get me wrong nice art but still trash.

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
OMFG They are using Ahriman's code, not even working on it from scratch and progress is still so slow. Haven't had a real update in 2 years.

Why is it that every time a game has good artwork it has shit gameplay or development schedule while every time a game has good gameplay it has bad artwork...
Well higher quality takes more time, but deathblight aint so good to warrant 2 years of development.
Now, firing your dev team on the other hand...

Swat10212

Jun 25, 2017
ed.png
Hello folks!

Patreon requires us to remove content that is in violation with their community guidelines and of course we will follow suit and remove said content.
There was a lot back and forth and apparently several misconceptions about the content we offer, so it took a while to sort things out and figure out the scope of the changes that had to be made.
The following is a rough summary.

Deathblight RPG - Operation Thunderfang:

Despite the non-consensual content in the game, we always believed our game content falls under "survivor stories" and thus, according to Patreon's community guidelines, it would be okay.
But apparently this is not the case and we are required to take the game down from Patreon.

As it is a free game, the latest build will be made available on the blog for free as usual.
There will be no further progress made on the game due to the lack of funding, as we stick to our promise of never selling this game and thus it makes no sense to put our own money into it when we can't sell it, it was a purely Patreon funded project after all.
We will however release the Catheline Job update sometime in the future on the blog for free, as all the graphics for this one had already been completed, and it would be a waste to not release it, even if it takes additional time, I (Wolfenstahl) will work on it during my free time.
We sincerely apologize for these additional delays, the last couple months have been truly wild and this is just another bad news for us in 2020 that keeps bogging us down, but we will push the long awaited update out eventually.
Past this there will be no further updates though.

Monthly speedpaints:

There will also be changes in regards to our speedpaints.
Since some of them are not 100% clearly consensual and due to the nature of a single artwork lacking context and thus being debateable, we will basically remove almost all NSFW speedpaints from Patreon as well, so we are surely on the safe side.
It is simply too subjective and unpredictable for us as what kind of NSFW artworks are okay and which ones are in violation, as for example BDSM or rough sex can be viewed as "non-consensual", and there is no truly safe way to be on the safe side but removing this content entirely.
Patreon did not ask us to remove all the NSFW content, but due to us being unable to clearly identify which ones are in violation or not, we decided it is safer to remove most of it to be on the safe side.
After all, we do not wish to get into trouble, and we do not wish to get Patreon into trouble either.

The future:

We will rework our Patreon page completely in the next couple days to reflect these changes.
Furthermore we will be offering the Deathblight webcomic plus a new SFW webcomic which will be both funded via this Patreon campaign.

Speedpaints will most likely become SFW or "ecchi" (nude/sexy) only.
But there will be no full on sex to avoid any sort of potential trouble.
We understand that people will be upset about this and we sincerely apologize for this, but please understand that we merely want to stay on the safe side and we believe this is the only way to guarantee it.

We are thinking about potentially handing out SFW versions of our future games as loyality bonus on Patreon as well.
This is however not a main reward and really something you shouldn't pledge to us for, as our games will also be sold on platforms like Steam, as usual, where you can pick them up at a cheaper price.
So please only support us if you wish to support us for other reasons, or if you like to support us because you love our characters and stories, or simply want to support us as people (by us I mean: Cres and Wolf).

Outside of Patreon we will still do NSFW games since we are traditionally a self funded hentai game developer.
(since 2012, years before Patreon existed)
You will be able to pick these games up on DLSite or other storefronts as usual.

A Subscribestar campaign will also be upcoming for folks who want to pledge to us for lewd speedpaints without restrictions.
So you can get your usual content over there.
This content will NOT be made available to supporters on Patreon due to us separating these things.
So you have to go over to Subscribestar to be eligible for it.
Here is the link to the campaign that is currently being set up, it's not done yet, but keep an eye on this one:

Finally let me say:
We understand that Patreon needs to enforce these changes in order to not get into trouble with payment providers, so we will of course follow through with the necessary steps.

We apologize to everyone who is disappointed by this turn of events, but unfortunately things are as they are.
Since these changes happen all of a sudden, we need a couple days to set everything in motion and also announce the new webcomic.
After all, every end is also the start of something new.

Keep an eye out for these changes and announcements, and we hope that most of you stay on board with us.
We are very thankful for your support all these years, but we can perfectly understand if some of you are leaving because of these drastic changes.
It is perfectly understandable if you don't want to support us any longer, and as always, please think of yourself first and foremost.
We can only hope that you check out our future content if you come across it, and perhaps there's something you enjoy among it.
At any rate, thank you very much.
We love all of you!

Sincerely,

Wolfenstahl & Crescentia

P.S:
We are currently waiting for permission to make the correspondence we had with Patreon available to you, and will upload it in full once we heard back from Patreon.
Since we believe that transparency and honesty are the most important things, we feel it is only right if you get insight into this, as well as understand that Patreon is not "the bad guy" here.
They simply have to do what they are required to do by payment processors in order to stay in business, even if the process itself is a bit clunky and could need a bit of refinement.
Please be understanding of this, thank you very much.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Well, the RPG just got the Boot. Shame, since i actually quite liked the game and like the Art overall.

We will have to see how many people actually bother switching to Subscribestar, but i doubt we will get any updates to the games ever again.

I wouldn't mind paying for the RPG, either. If it would be finished someday.

Just another two Games (DB Guilty Raid as well) left unfinished , thanks to piss poor management and questionable decisions.

Oh well, enough other good stuff out there.

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
Patreon requires us to remove content that is in violation with their community guidelines and of course we will follow suit and remove said content.
There was a lot back and forth and apparently several misconceptions about the content we offer, so it took a while to sort things out and figure out the scope of the changes that had to be made.

Despite the non-consensual content in the game, we always believed our game content falls under "survivor stories" and thus, according to Patreon's community guidelines, it would be okay.
But apparently this is not the case and we are required to take the game down from Patreon.

As it is a free game, the latest build will be made available on the blog for free as usual.
There will be no further progress made on the game due to the lack of funding, as we stick to our promise of never selling this game and thus it makes no sense to put our own money into it when we can't sell it, it was a purely Patreon funded project after all.
We will however release the Catheline Job update sometime in the future on the blog for free, as all the graphics for this one had already been completed, and it would be a waste to not release it, even if it takes additional time, I (Wolfenstahl) will work on it during my free time.
We sincerely apologize for these additional delays, the last couple months have been truly wild and this is just another bad news for us in 2020 that keeps bogging us down, but we will push the long awaited update out eventually.
Thats it. Fuck this. The rpg was the only thing they had that i had any interest in.
Fuck these blokes, fuck this series. My frustration cannot be put to words.
0d3.gif

Last edited:

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
View attachment 875665
Hello folks!

Monthly speedpaints:

There will also be changes in regards to our speedpaints.
Since some of them are not 100% clearly consensual and due to the nature of a single artwork lacking context and thus being debateable, we will basically remove almost all NSFW speedpaints from Patreon as well, so we are surely on the safe side.
It is simply too subjective and unpredictable for us as what kind of NSFW artworks are okay and which ones are in violation, as for example BDSM or rough sex can be viewed as "non-consensual", and there is no truly safe way to be on the safe side but removing this content entirely.
Patreon did not ask us to remove all the NSFW content, but due to us being unable to clearly identify which ones are in violation or not, we decided it is safer to remove most of it to be on the safe side.
After all, we do not wish to get into trouble, and we do not wish to get Patreon into trouble either.

The future:

We will rework our Patreon page completely in the next couple days to reflect these changes.
Furthermore we will be offering the Deathblight webcomic plus a new SFW webcomic which will be both funded via this Patreon campaign.

Speedpaints will most likely become SFW or "ecchi" (nude/sexy) only.
But there will be no full on sex to avoid any sort of potential trouble.
We understand that people will be upset about this and we sincerely apologize for this, but please understand that we merely want to stay on the safe side and we believe this is the only way to guarantee it.

We are thinking about potentially handing out SFW versions of our future games as loyality bonus on Patreon as well.
This is however not a main reward and really something you shouldn't pledge to us for, as our games will also be sold on platforms like Steam, as usual, where you can pick them up at a cheaper price.
So please only support us if you wish to support us for other reasons, or if you like to support us because you love our characters and stories, or simply want to support us as people (by us I mean: Cres and Wolf).

Outside of Patreon we will still do NSFW games since we are traditionally a self funded hentai game developer.
(since 2012, years before Patreon existed)
You will be able to pick these games up on DLSite or other storefronts as usual.

A Subscribestar campaign will also be upcoming for folks who want to pledge to us for lewd speedpaints without restrictions.
So you can get your usual content over there.
This content will NOT be made available to supporters on Patreon due to us separating these things.
So you have to go over to Subscribestar to be eligible for it.
Here is the link to the campaign that is currently being set up, it's not done yet, but keep an eye on this one:

Finally let me say:
We understand that Patreon needs to enforce these changes in order to not get into trouble with payment providers, so we will of course follow through with the necessary steps.

We apologize to everyone who is disappointed by this turn of events, but unfortunately things are as they are.
Since these changes happen all of a sudden, we need a couple days to set everything in motion and also announce the new webcomic.
After all, every end is also the start of something new.

Keep an eye out for these changes and announcements, and we hope that most of you stay on board with us.
We are very thankful for your support all these years, but we can perfectly understand if some of you are leaving because of these drastic changes.
It is perfectly understandable if you don't want to support us any longer, and as always, please think of yourself first and foremost.
We can only hope that you check out our future content if you come across it, and perhaps there's something you enjoy among it.
At any rate, thank you very much.
We love all of you!

Sincerely,

Wolfenstahl & Crescentia

P.S:
We are currently waiting for permission to make the correspondence we had with Patreon available to you, and will upload it in full once we heard back from Patreon.
Since we believe that transparency and honesty are the most important things, we feel it is only right if you get insight into this, as well as understand that Patreon is not "the bad guy" here.
They simply have to do what they are required to do by payment processors in order to stay in business, even if the process itself is a bit clunky and could need a bit of refinement.
Please be understanding of this, thank you very much.
What a joke. Can't say it was unexpected though. Literally the only thing this group has going for them is the artist, and they just scrapped the one project anyone gave a crap about.

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
I am a patron of theirs since 2016 and was thinking of leaving this month since they were slowing down worse than McDonalds Internet at rush hour. Guess they made the choice for me.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes