Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Just checking some of my older notes. About this game, I wrote

"~Don't touch 'Deeper' until early 2019. SO much potential but so many bugs and story is all over the place (v0.0.773p alpha 10/18/18)"

8 months later, worth going back to yet???

Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Oh, never mind... Just checked the posts above. Wow. I really liked Deeper, as it was a unique story and has some good stuff going for it. I don't comprehend the whole "Irl takes up too much time for these games, so here's a brand new game" thing. Think most people would be hesitant to play the new one at all. But, I mean, if he's not in it for money, guess nobody can fault him. He can do as he wishes with his games and take the needed time/breaks from developing if he isn't getting paid for them.

I've noticed most classic incest games are gone nowadays. Used to get 2 or 3 updates per day for a game I wanted to play. This morning, I went through the past 5 weeks of Newest Updates and only found 4 to download. Sucks... but mini rant over.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh, never mind... Just checked the posts above. Wow. I really liked Deeper, as it was a unique story and has some good stuff going for it. I don't comprehend the whole "Irl takes up too much time for these games, so here's a brand new game" thing. Think most people would be hesitant to play the new one at all. But, I mean, if he's not in it for money, guess nobody can fault him. He can do as he wishes with his games and take the needed time/breaks from developing if he isn't getting paid for them.

I've noticed most classic incest games are gone nowadays. Used to get 2 or 3 updates per day for a game I wanted to play. This morning, I went through the past 5 weeks of Newest Updates and only found 4 to download. Sucks... but mini rant over.
While I don't agree with Thundy's approach on this, it sounds like he's hoping to get more financial support (through SubscribeStar or wherever) via Hopeless Infatuation, and then use the increased support to free him from having to do so much other work the keeps him from working on games full time.

Deeper-Status.png

The biggest problem with this is that in most cases, you've attracted a fan base because of your initial game(s). This is the same problem CaizerGames is finding he's having as well (putting My Lovely Sara on hold for Happy Summer.) Jumping over to a completely different project is much less likely benefit you because (1) your initial fan base is disappointed / irritated; and (2) you're basically starting all over to develop a new fan base for the second game. If your first game didn't "magically" free you from a standard job, it's doubtful a second game will give you different results.

Btw, are anyone else's eyes bleeding from the color noise from the update text Thundy's chosen?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Canto Forte

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
While I don't agree with Thundy's approach on this, it sounds like he's hoping to get more financial support (through SubscribeStar or wherever) via Hopeless Infatuation, and then use the increased support to free him from having to do so much other work the keeps him from working on games full time.

The biggest problem with this is that in most cases, you've attracted a fan base because of your initial game(s). This is the same problem CaizerGames is finding he's having as well (putting My Lovely Sara on hold for Happy Summer.) Jumping over to a completely different project is much less likely benefit you because (1) your initial fan base is disappointed / irritated; and (2) you're basically starting all over to develop a new fan base for the second game. If your first game didn't "magically" free you from a standard job, it's doubtful a second game will give you different results.

Btw, are anyone else's eyes bleeding from the color noise from the update text Thundy's chosen?
Yeah i dont get this idea at all. I personally start to think "hell no, focus on the game that got me interested". If you spread out your ressources so it stalls everything, Im very fast loosing interest all together. I wont try the new, and I wont be following the old with the same passion anymore, since Im thinking it will end up abandoned.. since the one making it is most likely either, unfocused adhd type that doesnt finish projects, but likes starting them, or on a fishing expedition that never works (and then its only a matter of time, untill projects goes on hold or gets abandoned). I havent noticed a unicorn yet that managed to break that pattern, and I doubt I will.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Their new one-

-PC
-Mac

Hopeless Infatuation 0.1

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
From thundorn.com:

Hey everyone!​

For those of you who have been keeping up with Twitter ( ) or watching you will already know that I have been putting in a lot of hours in my IRL work. Bills to pay etc etc. That has made working on Deeper quite difficult simply because I need time to test everything, and with a game as large as Deeper already is that takes a lot of hours. In real terms what this means is that Deeper is going to take much longer to develop and release updates for but rest assured I AM working on it!​

Bone of ancients is another story. I don’t develop games for money. Been there done that and when I tried to do it as an Indie, just didn’t get enough support to make it worth the stress and so I do it for the love of gaming and coding. Bone of ancients is going to be a good story but at the moment I have no passion for it and have for the moment put it on the back burner until I feel that I would be giving all of my attention.​

So is it all bad news?​

There is good news indeed. I have taken all the lessons learned from Deeper (and working on Red-Swallow) and applied them to a new version of the game engine. It still uses Ren’Py so all you cheaters and would-be hackers can still mess up my hard work ;) but its much slicker and currently running bug free. Migrating Deeper over would simply be too huge of a task to undertake so instead as a showcase for the engine I would like to introduce:​

Hopeless Infatuation.​

You play Dave, a lazy teenager who spends his days playing video games and masturbating. Your father was a banker but was caught having an affair with his secretary and so your Mom divorced him and took his money and big ass mansion and now you live there together with Mom and your sister Nikki. Life should be pretty sweet but your Mom is hassling you about getting a job or doing something worthwhile with your time otherwise she will send you to “The Ranch”. Can you find a way to keep your Mom happy whilst not sacrificing your leisure time?​

July 9th it hit the high way gaming slopes:
Hopeless Infatuation Public version 0.1
And it touched down here on our forum:
https://f95zone.to/threads/hopeless-infatuation-v0-1-thundorn-games.33327/

Links and all!

Last edited:
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Mmmm... Game is Aboned? Not? O_O
I believe the dev released another game, and stated he still working on this one in his spare time. The thing with devs that work at it full time, they kinda need income to cover important things like upkeep and bills. Since Deeper doesn't have much of funding at all atm afaik. That's just how it is.

• Haha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I believe the dev released another game, and stated he still working on this one in his spare time. The thing with devs that work at it full time, they kinda need income to cover important things like upkeep and bills. Since Deeper doesn't have much of funding at all atm afaik. That's just how it is.
And that leads them down the wronf road.

Why would I support a dev that can't finish a project before starting another?

With the increasing amount of abandoned games and rushed projects with devs starting one before finishing another and especially with devs like Bright Sun paving the way for terrible dev practices people are getting wary about who they support.

Starting another to make money may have worked once but it's less likely to now.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And that leads them down the wronf road.

Why would I support a dev that can't finish a project before starting another?

With the increasing amount of abandoned games and rushed projects with devs starting one before finishing another and especially with devs like Bright Sun paving the way for terrible dev practices people are getting wary about who they support.

Starting another to make money may have worked once but it's less likely to now.
Well, if you need food on your table and money to cover roof over your head and utility bills etc. You take the work you can. Making a game on idealism alone is all and swell, but it cover nothing of the above. Didn't the creator lose his Patreon over this game as well? idk. It's the difference between someone that make games as a hobby in their spare time after their regular job whatever, and someone who is vested full time into it.

Don't say you are working for free with no care in the world how to pay your bills?

• Thinking Face

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, if you need food on your table and money to cover roof over your head and utility bills etc. You take the work you can. Making a game on idealism alone is all and swell, but it cover nothing of the above. Didn't the creator lose his Patreon over this game as well? idk. It's the difference between someone that make games as a hobby in their spare time after their regular job whatever, and someone who is vested full time into it.

Don't say you are working for free with no care in the world how to pay your bills?
How did you manage to translate "people won't give money to a dev that can't finish a project" to not working for free?

Doesn't matter if he wants money or not if people don't trust him to finish a project.

I have a full time job, I wouldn't rely on something as fickle as H game development to pay my bills nor would I expect people to give me money without proving myself.

I'm not here to pay other peoples bills and feed them, i'm here to play games and support devs that are worth my support. If devs can't handle their shit that aint my problem.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
The last post the dev regarding Deeper was a month or so ago, so it won't be marked as abandoned for now. They are working on other games and Deeper will (supposedly) continue development at a slower pace.

I would not expect any updates soon, or ever.

2.60 star(s) 33 Votes