Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
How did you manage to translate "people won't give money to a dev that can't finish a project" to not working for free?

Doesn't matter if he wants money or not if people don't trust him to finish a project.

I have a full time job, I wouldn't rely on something as fickle as H game development to pay my bills nor would I expect people to give me money without proving myself.

I'm not here to pay other peoples bills and feed them, i'm here to play games and support devs that are worth my support. If devs can't handle their shit that aint my problem.
Hmm, if he haven't received any for Deeper so far..... that give money to a dev kinda get moth right? It's not just about complete a project but be able to work on it to complete it as well right? I know people working on games (not adult ones), that stuck making crap mobile games and things they don't like to be able to work on what they want. Sometimes you do things to pay the bills and be able to do do what you want to work with on the side.

No one should support or pay a creator any, if they don't believe in them, and what they do.

So should no one ever go full time into H game development then? Should it just be some obscure hobby for people?

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Well I'm furious that all the excuses used before came down to pretty much "well now I'm making another game which I will take years to update, give you hopes and then waste them all".

Not cool man. Won't even begin to think about touching anything else coming out from him.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just read this thread and make that informed opinion of your own ...
The last post the dev regarding Deeper was a month or so ago, so it won't be marked as abandoned for now. They are working on other games and Deeper will (supposedly) continue development at a slower pace.

I would not expect any updates soon, or ever.

Reactions: Tezon

mongomann

Feb 11, 2018
Just put a fuckin abandon tag on this shit already. We know damn well that he wont update this game, or else he wouldnt have made a new game. He have lost all my respect after saying the Deeper development was put on hold for a while BECAUSE an injury he had. But what seems to be true is that he just started a new fuckin game... Major Facepalm

Last edited:
Reactions: DanThaMan

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
Just put a fuckin abandon tag on this shit already. We know damn well that he wont update this game, or else he wouldnt have made a new game. He have lost all my respect after saying the Deeper development was put on hold for a while BECAUSE an injury he had. But what seems to be true is that he just started a new fuckin game... Major Facepalm
He did post ppretty often during his injury, including both pictures and video where you see it. But yeah... Im in the soon abandoned isle, considering its half a year by now, and he has started two games in the meantime, and benched one of those games already too.

mongomann

Feb 11, 2018
He did post ppretty often during his injury, including both pictures and video where you see it. But yeah... Im in the soon abandoned isle, considering its half a year by now, and he has started two games in the meantime, and benched one of those games already too.

yea, but he started developing another game while he was injured most likely wich is why im pissed at this

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Going to unwatch this thread as it's dead and I'll go ahead and ignore anything else they make. I did do a quick look at their other game but saw the same ugly toupee wearing MC and only one girl was worth looking at.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
It's a shame I liked the sister in this game and was hoping for the story to continue... her getting better out of hospital etc
but nope looks like I'm never going to see this game completed :cry:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The sister mother and Laura were the only ones worth looking at in the game and I straight up ignored eyebrow girl and her mother.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
How did you manage to translate "people won't give money to a dev that can't finish a project" to not working for free?
Actually, you're the one that made that translation here. When you responded to Joshua Tree talking about devs having to move to projects that make money cause they can't work for free with your commentary on people not trusting devs who don't finish every single project.

Doesn't matter if he wants money or not if people don't trust him to finish a project.
You're right, it doesn't matter. But that still doesn't make the dev in the wrong for not being willing to work for free. Just like it doesn't matter if you are innocent when the jury thinks you're guilty. It's people who place completely unreasonable demands on the devs that are in the wrong... but that doesn't matter to the dev's bottom line. Just further proof of how unjust the world is.

I have a full time job, I wouldn't rely on something as fickle as H game development to pay my bills nor would I expect people to give me money without proving myself.
That's your choice. Your choices are not the gold standard. Just cause you wouldn't do it or consider it bad to do doesn't mean it actually is. And, to be perfectly frank, being an entrepreneur is always fickle (I know from first hand experience). Are you saying there should never be people working for themselves? H game development is probably less fickle than most areas of software development for self-employed devs. The demand for adult entertainment is always far higher than the supply.

And, for the record, failure to finish a game before starting a new project does not make a developer untrustworthy. You aren't purchasing a finished game when you pledge on Patreon. You aren't even purchasing the promise of a finished game. And any one that feels mislead because they thought that's what they were paying for absolutely should lose trust... in themselves.

I'm not here to pay other peoples bills and feed them, i'm here to play games and support devs that are worth my support. If devs can't handle their shit that aint my problem.
You're right, it's not your problem. What is your problem is the collapse of the H-game market should too many people start to think the way you do. It's possible for demand to be supper high and, due to unreasonable expectations, the available supply dry up as a result of it being too unprofitable to waste time on. Fortunately, people who think the way you do are still the vocal minority.

Last edited:

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
Actually, you're the one that made that translation here. When you responded to Joshua Tree talking about devs having to move to projects that make money cause they can't work for free with your commentary on people not trusting devs who don't finish every single project.

You're right, it doesn't matter. But that still doesn't make the dev in the wrong for not being willing to work for free. Just like it doesn't matter if you are innocent when the jury thinks you're guilty. It's people who place completely unreasonable demands on the devs that are in the wrong... but that doesn't matter to the dev's bottom line. Just further proof of how unjust the world is.

That's your choice. Your choices are not the gold standard. Just cause you wouldn't do it or consider it bad to do doesn't mean it actually is. And, to be perfectly frank, being an entrepreneur is always fickle (I know from first hand experience). Are you saying there should never be people working for themselves? H game development is probably less fickle than most areas of software development for self-employed devs. The demand for adult entertainment is always far higher than the supply.

And, for the record, failure to finish a game before starting a new project does not make a developer untrustworthy. You aren't purchasing a finished game when you pledge on Patreon. You aren't even purchasing the promise of a finished game. And any one that feels mislead because they thought that's what they were paying for absolutely should lose trust... in themselves.

You're right, it's not your problem. What is your problem is the collapse of the H-game market should too many people start to think the way you do. It's possible for demand to be supper high and, due to unreasonable expectations, the available supply dry up as a result of it being too unprofitable to waste time on. Fortunately, people who think the way you do are still the vocal minority.
Dude, you dont get it. You have different opinions here. You cant argue him into thinking otherwise, and tbh. I get him.

Thundorn DOES have a job. So development is on the side, any and all money arguments is almost invalid. He IS supporting himself already. Does he want to get paid for what he makes? Sure, and he should be allowed to be paid, but he should also actually produce something to get paid for. Else its a scam.

Thundorn is now 0 for 3 in producing a game. So yeah, ppl lose respect and trust. One havent seen update for faaar too long, one started AND abandoned, and one newly started... all in the last half year. And to be perfectly frank, he would have had less problems had he put all that effort from making other games into continuing the first... this debate wouldnt be here if he had.

Youre also forgetting youre on a piracy forum. Paying isnt the first concern here for ppl. Here it goes in reverse. You prove yourself, then you get support, not the other way around. Screw what you expect to get from patreon vs buying. You still need to prove your worth HERE. Pirated areas always combat malicious ppl who tries to make a quick buck, and the pirates dont pony up untill they know youre not shite. Pretty simple, and something you learn very quick, regardless what you pirate. On the other hand, if you prove yourself, you get a following. Is Thundorn one of those malicious ppl, probably not... but way overstretched atm yes, and starting to possibly show a pattern.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

A year ago those points would have been valid but since then we've had many devs abandon games to start new ones to try and bring in the money and people stopped supporting them.

You are right, it doesn't instantly make a dev untrustworthy but it's also a trend that's happened a lot by shady devs and it makes people wary now.

Most folks know Patreon isn't for paying for finished products but they still expect that dev they support to finish the work they are backing them for.

It's just unfortunate that so many shady devs have led to this being the situation.

Her :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
kamasuma

Use unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract the game files then in game use shift + O to bring up console you can also hit shift + D then click variables to see what variables are active in the game so far. Both unren and enable dev mode renpy can be found on this site or use google.

Reactions: kamasuma
2.60 star(s) 33 Votes