Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Good morning. I'm just posting a quick note on progress. I haven't had time to read any of the comments so I wont be addressing any of them here.

V0.0.8 will be released for Patrons at some point within the next 14 days and non-patrons will get access hopefully before the new year.

This version will be largely focused on squaring away any issues with the game engine with a view to moving into Beta as soon as possible. This will hopefully remove the need for re-starting a new game with each subsequent update, although there may still be occasions where it is necessary.

There will be two main content updates in this version, one for Patrons only involving Eva from the gym. The other content update which can be enjoyed by everyone will be involving Laura and continues on from the current Laura content and will take place at her home. This event will not be the end of her story progression but will be repeatable as it contains multiple options which can all be played out without impacting the story.

For those who would like to support my work you can do so via the

Stay Awesome

MrGigi

May 20, 2018
Hey guys !

Someone have sequential scenes ? Or like Walkthrough ?
I search and I read we don't have nothing...

Can help me ?

Reactions: Megnold

Socratic

Nov 13, 2017
I've spoken to the dev about this on numerous occasions and the simplest explanation for it is this direct quote:

"I know things seem random right now because the finished product is going to be Huge. When I first started developing Deeper I wanted to stay focused on one storyline at a time, which was originally going to be the main story arc. I did however buckle to pressure from a lot of players who felt that there was too little content and so I started working on multiple story lines. I have since gone back to working on one story at a time to avoid getting in a muddle. For a game of this magnitude, with so many characters, each having multiple storylines based on player choices, to the casual player it seems like there isn't much to do because I haven't had time to work on the branch of the story that they are playing through. Prior to compression Deeper is already over 1Gb in size and in broad terms i've barely even started, so you can imagine how massive it will be when it's finished. I've pushed the RenP'y engine to breaking point and so there have had to be compromises along the way but most of the kinks have been ironed out now so I can focus on progressing the story. Of course having been de-platformed and having to work several jobs to earn a living has slowed progress a bit, but hopefully working with Nof8 Games studio on their projects will allow me to focus a little more on Deeper"

MeiLing

Oct 22, 2017
I have played the game since its first release. It was then logical. You could make money by gardening, I mean real money and you had the promise of a job with Laura - not implemented then. There have been several updates. The best ones were those of July and August (few bugs and content.). Since then it has been disappointing for several reasons:

Missing pictures
Bugs
Missing contents
Too much forks
Main story: few progression (example watching TV with Lucy....when will it be implemented?)
Main characters: we still know few about Lucy or Sarah.

The bugs, the missing content, the out time event (showering Sarah whilst in hospital) has been reported to the Dev. He did not give a shit about these reports and kept going on adding content. He has made an unplayable game.

The new content with Lucy at the pool comes out of the blue. Tell me: given the actual content how an incest story is possible? Jake is not interested in Lucy. He hangs out with Shelly, the nurse, maybe with Pam in a next update or someone else. Forks are interesting if they add content to the main story. In here it is not the case.

But Thundorn must please his patron so he adds content over content and doesn't focus on the story. he shoud write chapter after chapter.

One of the main source of bugs is his policy: two versions one for patron the other for "public". Is he sure that when he supressed content he did not make his scrip "buggy".

It might be easier to have an earlier release for patron then a month later for public... less bugs or only one game to write.
At this point, I won't say he is milking but I am close to think it.

Regards
Merry Xmas

Seraphi23

Sep 4, 2017
Too much forks
This is one of the main problems imho. Even big devs avoid making too much of the mutually exclusive content for obvious reasons, now in this game pretty much 2/3 of the content is exclusive to "routes". In no way a single guy could ever complete a game like this or at least make a reasonable amount of progress regularly. Not to mentions that pretty much all of these "routes" do not need to exist story wise. Why limit MC to dating a single girl at a time? Why make school/no school activities mutually exclusive? etc. This decision dilutes the content per playthrough too much for no good reason at all.

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks for the comments.

Deeper isn't a linear game and you can't explore all of the options in a single play through. That has been the intention from the very beginning. It's not a harem simulator and so you cant date all of the girls at once. The idea is to balance earning money to give your family a better life with your relationships. There are no convenient plot devices like having a deceased millionaire father because I don;t want deeper to be just another one of those games.

I've explained many times why development is slow at the moment so I wont go into that again suffice to say that I am very aware of there being a few bugs and am working on getting them all fixed prior to the next update.

As far as MeiLing's comment about milking it goes... Who am I milking? I don't have any Patrons of my own and my Colleague only has $76 per month of support so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the comments.

Deeper isn't a linear game and you can't explore all of the options in a single play through. That has been the intention from the very beginning. It's not a harem simulator and so you cant date all of the girls at once. The idea is to balance earning money to give your family a better life with your relationships. There are no convenient plot devices like having a deceased millionaire father because I don;t want deeper to be just another one of those games.

I've explained many times why development is slow at the moment so I wont go into that again suffice to say that I am very aware of there being a few bugs and am working on getting them all fixed prior to the next update.

As far as MeiLing's comment about milking it goes... Who am I milking? I don't have any Patrons of my own and my Colleague only has $76 per month of support so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I think some is just to quick to judge based on past experience with some creators. Which not always been black or white either. People think increased funding mean faster speed of development as well. As a creator you can upgrade tools you use in your trade to do things faster, but it will eventually reach a point where no matter how much more upgrades you get, you can't develop any faster. And it's not like a creator necessary want to start hire people to speed up work on their project/game.

People throwing around the term "milking" is most of the time ignorant imho. Shouldn't judge everyone based on some bad experience.

Also I guess, every player end up have their own favorite character, story arch etc in a game, and thus grow impatient when content is slow to materialize for their preferred path. But this is just how things are in these kind of games, patience is a virtue much needed.

Reactions: Art08 and Socratic
2.60 star(s) 33 Votes