4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
I just wish mod makers could make lighter versions of their own bots, like, smaller res vids and etc.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I just wish mod makers could make lighter versions of their own bots, like, smaller res vids and etc.
I understand your frustration, if your problem is with downloading large files there isn't much you can do about it except hope mod developers listen to your plea. I'm sorry to say that this is unlikely to happen.

I've only made one bot mod and it's very small because it has no videos (65 MB). Not sure I'll ever make a large bot mod but if I ever make one I'm curious what size you think is reasonable. 500 MB, 1 GB, where is the pain point?

qwert0951

Sep 30, 2017
Hi qwert0951, I downloaded Nekofreak's mod some time ago, here's a link to a re-post. I'll leave it up for a few days, please let me know when you've downloaded it.

Mybitches.rar

Nekofreak: If you want this post taken down let me know and I will delete it.

To be honest I've never used this mod because it deletes the bots built into the game when you use it. At this point I've learned how to make mods so I could "mod his mod" so to speak to prevent this but I haven't done it.
I just did, thanks a lot, it's nice to know that modders like you are keeping the game alive, keep up the good work !

Reactions: squirrel24

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
I understand your frustration, if your problem is with downloading large files there isn't much you can do about it except hope mod developers listen to your plea. I'm sorry to say that this is unlikely to happen.

I've only made one bot mod and it's very small because it has no videos (65 MB). Not sure I'll ever make a large bot mod but if I ever make one I'm curious what size you think is reasonable. 500 MB, 1 GB, where is the pain point?
I know it's a uncommon request, but while issue itself is people using Mega - which has download limits - my biggest complaint would be that bigger files that come from higher resolution videos - which are running inside a renpy player, itself inside a game window.

I know a proper bot doesn't even need to have videos in it, just a good model, pictures to go with it and the proper files... I kinda get the idea of "wanting the best possible", but unless the player is using a resolution upwards 4k, the videos attached by the bots ain't gonna be full quality, which imo defeats the point of having those huge vids.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I know it's a uncommon request, but while issue itself is people using Mega - which has download limits - my biggest complaint would be that bigger files that come from higher resolution videos - which are running inside a renpy player, itself inside a game window.

I know a proper bot doesn't even need to have videos in it, just a good model, pictures to go with it and the proper files... I kinda get the idea of "wanting the best possible", but unless the player is using a resolution upwards 4k, the videos attached by the bots ain't gonna be full quality, which imo defeats the point of having those huge vids.
Makes sense . Sorry, I forget about the Mega issue because I pay for their least expensive service so it doesn't apply to me. The quality issue is interesting, I was introduced to the program 'magick' which is good at compressing images. Since I can't make videos I don't know if it works on them too. I'll keep this in mind for the future. Cheers!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Sexbot Restoration (SR24) - a variant of Defective Sexbot Chop Shop (DSCS)

I'm creating an alternative version of DSCS, it is NOT a mod. SR24 is being made with permission from Radnor who helped me a lot. The first release of SR24 is a merging of DSCS with the mods I've written. If you've used squirrel mods with DSCS it will be familiar. Future releases will continue the story line. Game play is identical to DSCS and mods written for DSCS will work in SR24. Mods are installed in the 'mods' folder exactly as they are in DSCS. If you find any mods that don't work please let me know. Saved games are NOT interchangeable between Sexbot Restoration and DSCS and they are stored in separate folders. Nothing prevents you from having both games on your PC or Android device, they will not interfere with each other. I call it SR24 because SR is too short. My favorite number is 24, it has no other significance. If you want to know more about this variant please download the 'readme'.

fyi; version 0.2.2 is in post 2230 on page 112.

Last edited:

Jamar123

Jan 18, 2022

I'm creating an alternative version of DSCS, it is NOT a mod. SR24 is being made with permission from Radnor who helped me a lot. The first release of SR24 is a merging of DSCS with the mods I've written. If you've used squirrel mods with DSCS it will be familiar. Future releases will continue the story line. Game play is identical to DSCS and mods written for DSCS will work in SR24. Mods are installed in the 'mods' folder exactly as they are in DSCS. If you find any mods that don't work please let me know. Saved games are NOT interchangeable between Sexbot Restoration and DSCS and they are stored in separate folders. Nothing prevents you from having both games on your PC or Android device, they will not interfere with each other. I call it SR24 because SR is too short. My favorite number is 24, it has no other significance. If you want to know more about this variant please download the 'readme'.

readme: Sexbot Restoration 0.0.1 Readme.zip

Win version: SR24-0.0.1-win.zip

Android version: com.squirrel.sr24-release.apk
The hero we don't deserve

Reactions: Jaxter

Jamar123

Jan 18, 2022
Probably not the answer you're looking for BUT its entirely possible to just use a botmod json such as found here, (not an endorsement, iirc it has some extra parts that behave weirdly) copy it into a text file and poof you've got the extra bots minus the associated media. If you really want to go the extra mile of course you could add your own pics/video but now you're really into the rabbbit hole and might as well just make your own bot mod...

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
Hi! A few months back Dan Long and Kylphor independently mentioned they are both working on variations of DSCS. I'm wondering if either of you are continuing work on this. Please comment!
Hey there, squirrel...I've gotten pretty busy with ....life (bleh) but I've got a preliminary outline done regarding the direction and fundamental changes for my vision of Radnor's very VERY cool game concept. My vision is pretty clear...but the details still require focusing. Good planning = less rework, right? LOL

As soon as I can get a breather, I'll dive back into my rework/expansion project.

I can say that I had tested animations and was working on a procedural generation script for creating unique bots. My thought was to have the game generate a unique bot for each instance where the MC has the opportunity to acquire a new one. I was also working on adding new roles, job stations, and purchasable buildings for the expansion capability I spoke about awhile ago.

Lots and LOTs on my plate...maybe too ambitious. LOL

I'm really looking forward to checking out your spin on DSCS. I'm a big fan of creativity and I'm behind you 100% !!!

Cheers,
~Kyl

Reactions: LeGourmet

LeGourmet

Jun 28, 2020
Thank you Squirrel for your own take on DSCS. I hope you continue to improve SR24. And the others working on their own spin of DSCS too. I hope to see more spin of it and see what others do with it.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016

Was very sad to see this game get the Yellow tag of doom. Grateful to see you pick it up.

Ch4irm4n

Feb 24, 2020
I noticed that the corvus modpack is now a dead link so i reuploaded it for anyone that wants it, if theres an issue with the download let me know

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022

Firstly, thanks for your hard work. Are you looking for feedback of any sort outside of mods not working?

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018

Nice.

If you continue working on this game you should probably try getting a game page for it.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Sexbot Restoration 2124 (SR24) - a variant of Defective Sexbot Chop Shop (DSCS)

I'm posting the second release of SR24, my variant of DSCS. I've changed my plan based upon the feedback I've received and I will not be including content from other people's mods within SR24. I removed all third party content in the second release, all code is either Radnor's (most of it!) or mine. If you want to know more about this change please check the 'readme' which is a separate link. It also has a 'change log' so you'll know what's new.

1) Mods will still work exactly the same as they do in DSCS including dependencies upon other mods. For example, since 'ShakyMod_Parts' is no longer included in SR24 you will have to install it if you want to use a mod that requires it.

2) Unfortunately because I removed all third party content you cannot use saved games from the first release. I'm sorry for doing this and I don't believe it will happen again.

3) Please do not use any 'squirrel mods' with SR24, they are all embedded in the game now and adding them will duplicate things and probably break the game. Cheers!

Readme:
Win:
Android:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Would it not make sense to start a new thread for your game?
Radnor and I discussed this and he's OK with me piggybacking on his page both here and on Discord. He's been very helpful and honestly 90% of the code in SR24 is his. So far SR24 is his game plus my mods, there's very little new stuff in it. As I continue working on it perhaps it will become different enough to be it's own thing. I'm new at this, I'm learning Renpy and Python coding and I'm learning DAZ graphics too. This online stuff is also new to me, F95Zone still labels me a newbie. That would be another thing to learn! Cheers!

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes