4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Just a heads-up that I had some bug when finding some bots in the dump.
So far I had the bug with my Iris succubus model ("model_id": "iris_succ"). I'm using your version of my mod that you linked for SR24.

My guess is that it might come from your code of either "missing part" or the code to increase or decrease the rank of a part. Did you also add checks for missing parts for the wings / tail and so on (and therefore add the corresponding missing part)? Also, I had been a bit lazy back then and didn't create all the ranks from F to S for those additionnal parts, so depending on how you wrote that code, it might be the reason for the issue if he tries to find an upgrade from a C rank part and the B rank doesn't exist?

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Just a heads-up that I had some bug when finding some bots in the dump.
So far I had the bug with my Iris succubus model ("model_id": "iris_succ"). I'm using your version of my mod that you linked for SR24.

My guess is that it might come from your code of either "missing part" or the code to increase or decrease the rank of a part. Did you also add checks for missing parts for the wings / tail and so on (and therefore add the corresponding missing part)? Also, I had been a bit lazy back then and didn't create all the ranks from F to S for those additionnal parts, so depending on how you wrote that code, it might be the reason for the issue if he tries to find an upgrade from a C rank part and the B rank doesn't exist?
Sorry to learn this but happy to see you gave SR24 a try. I have another bug report on Discord that I just fixed related to missing parts. In the other bug report it was caused by disassembling a bot with missing parts. They showed up in inventory in duplicate and corrupted the game. I have that one fixed and under testing. Your idea about the incomplete set of parts sounds likely. Can you give me a description of what happened, the error message would be nice to have. It may pinpoint the problem for me or it may not, error messages can be cryptic! If I can reproduce it I believe I can fix it. If possible I'd like to fix both bugs in a single release.

If your idea is correct I think this is an important fix because there is no guarantee that parts come in complete sets, I wish I'd thought of that ahead of time. I'm learning how difficult it is to support mods. Without them you know exactly what's in the game and what's not in the game. With mods you have to anticipate potential issues. I'll bet Radnor will get a chuckle out of this if he sees it! Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DanLong and Radnor

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Here's the error message I get when finding the bot in the dump (click on scavenge, the error message appear. If I ignore, I then arrive at the dump again, with the bot seen in the capsule)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then if I click on Status on that bot, then Chassis, another error code appear:

The error itself shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Just edit the .JSON for that bot that is known to bug ("iris_succ"), and put her "list_target_tag_chances" "all" to 15000 or higher, then quick save before scavenging, and do a few scavenge / quick load until you find the bot.
Note that it doesn't always bug, which was what made me think it's an issue with the missing / upgrade / downgrade system.

For the missing part showing in Inventory, I had the same issue when I first tested with the missing part. It was a long time ago, but IIRC the solution is to make the part irrepairable, so that it gets discarded when you disassemble (just like the original CPU / Powercore irrepairable are removed and not added to inventory)

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
- Did another test with another bot (succubus), no error when I found her with the normal horns / tail
- Similar error than for Iris on another try, but the horns / tail are still normal. No second error when I click on Chassis, that bot had missing legs and skin
- Similar error than Iris on another try (no idea which horns / tail she had, as I got the second error as well. Tried to disassemble it, but when I go to the Interact / Tinker I again get an error code:

In the end, did 15 tries:
- 4 times no error code: no missing part for 1st, missing eyes for 2nd, missing powercore for 3rd, missing legs and CPU for 4th / all had the base horns & tail that I had configured myself

- 5 time only first error code: missing legs and skin for 1st, missing powercore only for 2nd, missing vocoder for 3rd, missing eyes for 4th, missing CPU & vagina for 5th / always had the base horns & tail that I had configured myself. Special note: each of those bots had perfect parts (at 100%, no defects), apart from the missing ones

- 6 times full error code, when I get the bot, and when I try to look at its parts

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
- Did another test with another bot (succubus), no error when I found her with the normal horns / tail
- Similar error than for Iris on another try, but the horns / tail are still normal. No second error when I click on Chassis, that bot had missing legs and skin
- Similar error than Iris on another try (no idea which horns / tail she had, as I got the second error as well. Tried to disassemble it, but when I go to the Interact / Tinker I again get an error code:

In the end, did 15 tries:
- 4 times no error code: no missing part for 1st, missing eyes for 2nd, missing powercore for 3rd, missing legs and CPU for 4th / all had the base horns & tail that I had configured myself

- 5 time only first error code: missing legs and skin for 1st, missing powercore only for 2nd, missing vocoder for 3rd, missing eyes for 4th, missing CPU & vagina for 5th / always had the base horns & tail that I had configured myself. Special note: each of those bots had perfect parts (at 100%, no defects), apart from the missing ones

- 6 times full error code, when I get the bot, and when I try to look at its parts
Wow, thanks for all the testing! My potential fix has 2 changes that are consistent with what you saw. The problem is that I had 2 functions that returned "error" whenever a non-standard slot was involved - an embarrassing oversite on my part!!! "error" is not a valid part so functions called afterwards that involve parts have problems. I changed the functions to return "abort_substitution" and the first line of code when returning from each function tests for the value "abort_substitution" and reverts to the original part. I believe this will be the fix and it's under testing now. Cheers!

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
New version of SR24 in post # 2200 below.
After some embarrassment on my part, here is SR24 version 0.0.5 - not much new but it allows me to erase the painful memory of 0.0.4! :oops: 2 bug fixes are both the highlight and the lowlight of this one. Please check out the change logs for 0.0.5 and 0.0.4 in the readme.

Win:
Android:
Readme:
If you use Daedalron bots:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Stringy Bob

testingthingstwice

Feb 1, 2021
Love the effort in SR24! Keeping this idea alive is fantastic! However, iI was wondering s there any way of letting us switch off or replace the new built-in story/environment/not-sure-what-to-call-them images? I kind of liked how I had an idea in my head of what my character/shop/enemies looked like when playing DSCS (way more scruffy), but now SR24 forces a particular visual.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Love the effort in SR24! Keeping this idea alive is fantastic! However, iI was wondering s there any way of letting us switch off or replace the new built-in story/environment/not-sure-what-to-call-them images? I kind of liked how I had an idea in my head of what my character/shop/enemies looked like when playing DSCS (way more scruffy), but now SR24 forces a particular visual.
Well hurt my feelings! Just kidding! I understand that the images I'm putting in SR24 don't match people's imagination. The situation is sort of like seeing a movie made from your favorite book and discovering that your imagination doesn't match the movie director's imagination. I could explain why the images are what they are but it's not important and they'd probably sound like excuses anyway.

I'm sorry but I'm not planning to make a way to switch off the images. In the release notes I say that I don't expect everyone to like SR24 and some people may prefer staying with DSCS. You are probably one of those people which is perfectly OK. I'm learning a new hobby by taking advantage of Radnor's generosity with his code which allows me to make a game I'm not capable of making myself. In a perfect world Radnor would have been able to continue developing DSCS and I would have continued making 'squirrel mods' that you could have ignored. Unfortunately that's not what happened. SR24 will be what I want it to be. I'd be happy if you accept if for what it is and stick with it but I won't be upset if you decide to walk away from it. Life's too short to play a game you don't like, it's supposed to be fun! Cheers!

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
My main complaint still is "pls use more hosts, step-oniichan"
Had to Google 'step-oniichan' and I'm still not sure; step-older-brother? I pay 5 euros a month for Mega so it's the one I use. I understand some people don't like it but it meets my needs. Cheers!

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
squirrel24 Here's a new version of my bots for SR24, only added the parts for the new slots you created (ears / implants), feel free to link it with the future versions as before.
Hiya, frien. Can you make a mirror for those poor peeps (like me lol) who have trouble downloading large(r) files from Mega? Thanks in advance, I also get it if you can't!

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Had to Google 'step-oniichan' and I'm still not sure; step-older-brother? I pay 5 euros a month for Mega so it's the one I use. I understand some people don't like it but it meets my needs. Cheers!
Oh, your files are within affordable size lol. It's the daeldron bots that aren't that friendly on my daily free bandwitdh!

jwrich82

Jan 25, 2019
I am an anime fan. So. Considering this Sexbot idea... has anyone made a Chobits bot for this game? A Chii Persocom bot?
Or maybe Third based on Armitage. So many missed opportunities.

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: DanLong

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
Samsung Sam mod:

Needs Mr. Shaky's parts and SR24.

Super Mario Princesses mod:

Needs Mr. Shaky's parts, MR - parts, Daedalron's parts and SR24.

Hatsune Miku mod:

Needs Mr. Shaky's parts, MR - parts, Daedalron's parts and SR24.

Squid Sisters mod:

Needs Mr. Shaky's parts, MR - parts and SR24.

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I have added a v3.1 version of my JSON mod for the SR24.
It will make the old genitals parts available to be put on bots with vagina slots.

Attention, though. If you already have a bot with a genitals slots (from the DSCS variant of my JSON), DON'T SWITCH to v3.1, stay with v2 !!!! (v2 is posted on page 110 of this thread).
If you want to switch to v3.1 anyway, you would have to either not ever replace the genitals parts of your bots, or just sell/disassemble them and find updated versions of those bots.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
There is a new version in post 2,205 below.
Another bug fix release of SR24, this is getting to be a bad habit! A bug found by Daedalron when using 'Tinker Bots' was the main fix since it caused crashes. Two other smaller cosmetic bugs also fixed, please check out the readme.
Notes:
Daedalron is actively supporting his bots mod so I'm no longer posting files related to it.
There is a Mac version being tested (I have no access to a Mac), if it works I'll update this post. So far so good so I'm adding it!

Win:
Android:
Mac:
Readme:

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes