4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
The MC should be able to open their own brothel.
This was suggested multiple times. I personally don't think it would fit this game.

I may make separate game focused on brothel management later on, after this game get more content.
Or i may add ability to mod locations/activities, this way people will be able to add what they want. Again, not top priority right now.

Reactions: Vicissitudo

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i've been able to unlock tech smart +, and tech smart ++, but yet to see if there is both for sex smart.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
The inventory needs a "Sell all of this part" button, because I have a huge pile of low lvl parts that is annoying to get rid of one by one...
Good idea, find it annoying myself, will add something like next update.

i've been able to unlock tech smart +, and tech smart ++, but yet to see if there is both for sex smart.
Tech smart/dumb and Sex smart/dumb can go to + and ++ right now, including inherent ones.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
Good idea, find it annoying myself, will add something like next update.

Tech smart/dumb and Sex smart/dumb can go to + and ++ right now, including inherent ones.
i guess that my bot with sex smart at level 98 might pop when i start training her through s rank sex skill, all of my bots have both traits from the quarky state but so far only tech has popped to the bonus states and sex smart doesn't grow as fast as tech smart as far as i can tell.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
i guess that my bot with sex smart at level 98 might pop when i start training her through s rank sex skill, all of my bots have both traits from the quarky state but so far only tech has popped to the bonus states and sex smart doesn't grow as fast as tech smart as far as i can tell.
Well, there is always a chance for trait to increase level as long as bot is not 100% stable and getting some related xp. Should be pretty same for both tech and sex, i guess RNG just hates you :D

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
Well, there is always a chance for trait to increase level as long as bot is not 100% stable and getting some related xp. Should be pretty same for both tech and sex, i guess RNG just hates you :D
i have gotten 2 JKB-12 from the dump with sex s 100% and social a, both with cpu 7's working, i got 3 more of them with cpu working, have had 5 junkies come in with those cpu, and picked 3 more directly from the dump myself.

Reactions: Radnor

Eekhoorn123

Oct 16, 2017
Here is my which contains 10 new E/F tier parts and 10+ part defects.

Feel free to add any you like directly to the game or use it in your packs

Last edited:
Reactions: Radnor

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Here is my Scrap parts pack which contains 10 new E/F tier parts and 10+ part defects.

Feel free to add any you like directly to the game or use it in your packs
Repair skills values only affect relative % when calculating repair progress and how final xp will be shared along skills.
So [("computers",75),("electronics",25)] and [("computers",3),("electronics",1)] effectively same.

If there is only list_target_chance entry and empty tags then generic places, like dump site or flea market wouldn't list it, well, as long as list_target_chance don't have entry for it specifically. I guess you intended this, but just to clarify.

You have "This leg" text for arms_E part :D

Main problem is possible_defects.
Code:
"possible defects": [ ("Eekhoorn_defects_cpu_undervolted", 80, 1), ("Eekhoorn_defects_cpu_faulty", 0, 0) ],
Every time part get at 80 or below undervolted defect will be added.
Reason i write
Code:
      "possible_defects": [
        (None,100,100),(None,0,0),
        ("scratch",90,1),("scratch",75,2),("scratch",50,3),("scratch",25,10),("scratch",0,0),
        ("cracked",75,1),("cracked",50,3),("cracked",30,5),("cracked",10,15),("cracked",0,0),
        ("destroyed",0,99999),
      ],
is to make defects appear at random chance.
In this case if part was damaged from 100 to 85, there will be 5 (1 in 101) rolls, if rolled then scratch will be added.
Also it may be good idea to add (<defect id>,0,0) at end of each defect line/streak. This will disable these defects when part damage to 0, in my case leaving only "destroyed" to choose from.

Overall like you mod theme :D

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
The inventory needs a "Sell all of this part" button, because I have a huge pile of low lvl parts that is annoying to get rid of one by one...
It would be helpful for the inventory to have a button for selling all cracked parts too.
In addition, when we disassemble a bot, it would be very helpful to be able to discard the cracked parts, either with an automatic setting, or manually selecting each part.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
In addition, when we disassemble a bot, it would be very helpful to be able to discard the cracked parts, either with an automatic setting, or manually selecting each part.
Probably will add discarding/autosell parts with unrepairable defects, either to disassemble or more likely to inventory.

Reactions: Frurose

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
So after playing another game (normal difficulty), I believe that CPUs are too rare. I ended up with 25 pages of parts that were not cracked and that only included 2 CPUs. I often had to waste a couple of days either checking the market or diving in the dump when I was out of CPUs. The imbalance was so bad that I never had to buy other type of part because I had an infinite supply.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
So after playing another game (normal difficulty), I believe that CPUs are too rare. I ended up with 25 pages of parts that were not cracked and that only included 2 CPUs. I often had to waste a couple of days either checking the market or diving in the dump when I was out of CPUs. The imbalance was so bad that I never had to buy other type of part because I had an infinite supply.
CPU is most important replaceable part of bot, it supposed to be rare. Later on will add more shops/traders to allow buying wanted parts directly.

Reactions: Frurose

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Your gripe with Ren'Py is an 85mb interpreter? Do you run Windows XP as well?
Among others, including unsafe binaries not patched for vulnerabilities in the past six years.
Also, the 85 MB is an absolute minimum for a Ren'Py install supporting Windows and Linux. Very often, you can multiply that with three, it depends on the game's requirements (ie. which Python modules are included).

Often, the folder is 100 MB, sometimes even 200... imagine that you have 100 Ren'Py games (I have many more). See what kind of waste this is? At least considering that most of the libraries are the exact same for all the games!

Now THIS is one reason Ren'Py is an unwise decision, specifically BECAUSE Python natively supports running from your path and you only need ONE copy of the libraries. The Ren'Py dev could have utilized this, but at this point, he doesn't care. The last version was in December, but it STILL runs on the sluggish Python 2.7 when it could be updated to 3.9+ for more than twice the speed!

The real issue though is that Ren'Py is based on a framework for games called PyGame. That module is now (FINALLY!!!) updated to Py3, but the RPY dev still has his hands under his ass.

In the meantime, there are faster, more effecient tools that are even at least as easy to use with certain tools, and most devs in here keep using Ren'Py in a misunderstood opinion that it's faster and easier than fx Unity. Nothing is further from the truth. RPY is ineffective, old fashioned, the games generally look ugly as fuck, and it doesn't really support high resolution and special effects.

There are thousands of reasons, but if the reason to not use fx Unity is a belief that it's expensive, it's a misunderstanding. Unity has lots of free assets, including visual novel toolkits that work 100% visually. Also, Unity in itself is free. More and more devs move there, because it just works. There are so many things that can go wrong with Renpy.

Eekhoorn123

Oct 16, 2017
Just updated the defects, i wasn't quite sure how it was supposed to work but it should be correct now.
I also fixed the arm description... Always pay attention when copy-pasting...
Btw, what is the damage_mult for? I dont think anything other than skin (and sometimes arms and legs) can get damaged outside of generation?

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Just updated the defects, i wasn't quite sure how it was supposed to work but it should be correct now.
I also fixed the arm description... Always pay attention when copy-pasting...
Btw, what is the damage_mult for? I dont think anything other than skin (and sometimes arms and legs) can get damaged outside of generation?
Combat training will damage skin, arms and legs.
Also if damage_mult is lower that part/bot may be less damaged if found at dump site/flea market.
Later on more damaging events/activities will be added, probably with some ways to avoid damage completely, not just lower it.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes