4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
If anyone is curious here is a save of 365 game days. 8 racks of bots(all 100%) in storage and 25 shelves of inventory(all 100% parts).Right at 1.5 million in cash.
In the game world I have a patent pending on the name Harem Inc. :p Plus Randor you can see how skills are working out. This is without a mod.

Last edited:

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
It is more of content question i guess, but yes, it does make sense and likely to be implemented some day.

Price function is big and somewhat convoluted thing.
Doubt i can explain it good, so here is code, enjoy/suffer :p
Code:
define default_bot_price_skill_mods={
  "bot_combat":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,5.0),
  "bot_electronics": (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,5.0),
  "bot_mechanics":   (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,5.0),
  "bot_sex":         (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,5.0),
  "bot_social":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,5.0),
  }

define bot_price_skills_unimportant={
  "bot_combat":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.0),
  "bot_electronics": (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.0),
  "bot_mechanics":   (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.0),
  "bot_sex":         (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.0),
  "bot_social":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.0),
  }

define bot_price_ignore_skills={
  }

init python:
  def bot_price_function(bot,**kwargs):
    """
    base_price_mult: float, default 1.0
    skill_mods: dict of skill: (skill_mod,mod_type,min_level_mod,max_level_mod)
    part_price_mult: float, default 1.0
    part_low_bound: int, default 25
    chassis_integrity_mult: float, default 0.5
    """

#    print("bot price",bot)
    ## start with base model price
    base_price_mult=kwargs.get("base_price_mult",1.0)
    price=int(round(bot.base_price*base_price_mult))
#    print("  base price",price)
    ## apply skill level mods, if any
    skill_mods=kwargs.get("skill_mods",default_bot_price_skill_mods)
    for skill_id,(skill_mod,mod_type,min_level_mod,max_level_mod) in sorted(skill_mods.items()):
      max_level=getattr(bot,skill_id).max_level
      min_level=getattr(bot,skill_id).min_level
      level=getattr(bot,skill_id).level
      price_mod=(max_level_mod-min_level_mod)*(level-min_level)/float(max_level-min_level)+min_level_mod
      neg_price_mod=price_mod<0
      price_mod=abs(price_mod)
      if mod_type=="add":
        price_mod=price_mod*skill_mod
      elif mod_type=="add_exp2":
        price_mod=price_mod**2*skill_mod
      elif mod_type=="add_exp3":
        price_mod=price_mod**3*skill_mod
      elif mod_type in ("mul","mult"):
        price_mod=1.0+(price_mod-1.0)*skill_mod
      elif mod_type in ("mul_exp2","mult_exp2"):
        price_mod=1.0+(price_mod**2-1.0)*skill_mod
      elif mod_type in ("mul_exp3","mult_exp3"):
        price_mod=1.0+(price_mod**3-1.0)*skill_mod
      if neg_price_mod:
        price_mod=-price_mod
      if mod_type in ("add","add_exp2","add_exp3"):
#        print("  skill",skill_id,level,"+",int(round(price_mod)))
        price=int(round(price+price_mod))
      elif mod_type in ("mul","mult","mul_exp2","mult_exp2","mul_exp3","mult_exp3"):
#        print("  skill",skill_id,level,getattr(bot,skill_id).level_name,"*",price_mod)
        price+=int(round(bot.base_price*price_mod))
    ## apply chassis parts mods
    part_price_mult=kwargs.get("part_price_mult",1.0)
    part_low_bound=kwargs.get("part_low_bound",25)
    for slot in bot.outfit_slots:
      part=bot.item_on_slot(slot)
      if part and part.integrity>=part_low_bound:
        price_mod=part.base_price*(1.0+(part.integrity/100.0-1.0)*part_price_mult)
        for defect in part.defects:
          price_mod*=defect.part_price_mult
        price=int(round(price+price_mod))
#        print("  part",part,"+",int(round(price_mod)))
    ## apply chassis integrity mod
    chassis_integrity_mult=kwargs.get("chassis_integrity_mult",0.5)
    price_mod=1.0+(bot.chassis.integrity/100.0-1.0)*chassis_integrity_mult
#    print("  chassis mult *",price_mod)
    price=int(round(price*price_mod))
    ## apply psychocore traits mods
    ## TODO
    ## apply psychocore stability mod
    ## TODO
#    print("  final price",price)
    return price

def bot_part_price_function(part,flat_price_below=0):
    integrity=max(flat_price_below,part.integrity)
    price=part.base_price*(integrity/100.0)**2
    for defect in part.defects:
      price*=defect.part_price_mult
    return price

yep, nope. That explains why my values were hit or miss.
I was hoping it was some simplified min/max based on request ranks or skills assigned... request rank: DCBA / reward price: min=D, max=A.
Definitely need more coffee for that laundrymat.. But having this in the open could offer some robust mods

Last edited:

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Clicking buttons is a little slow in this game. For example, there's a slight pause when you repeat an action--maybe a quarter of a second max. I'm not complaining; just wondering if that's typical of renpy when multiple sections of a page have to be updated.

BeastofBarrrrg

Mar 18, 2019
Just wanted to chime in again and give my thoughts of the game after the last patch.

First off, I want to say good job! I had fun playing and I appreciate the effort and time you are putting in to give us freeloaders a game to play. Now on to the actual thoughts!

• Enjoyable game play loop, however towards the end of my multiple plays I found myself just mashing the same buttons over and over. Perhaps add a scheduler or an option to repeat the day so you can just do all your actions in a single click and then have a summary of the result at the end?
  • When looking for salvageable bots in the Dump Site it would be nice to have an auto-sell (at the flee market) option. Something where you can auto-sell by model and/or skill value. For me I just found the number of clicks to go from the Dump Site, sell the bots, and back to the Dump site to be the biggest time consumption for that day.
  • I very much enjoyed the Shopkeeper option and look forward to more combined Roles in the future. One note, I found when I had 3-4 bots with this role it tended to sell out all my spare parts. It would be nice if there was an option to disable a bots ability to sell parts or at least lock/unlock all the parts at once. Another solution would be to add a little menu where you can toggle on and off the selling of each part.
  • When you have 3-4 bots with the shopkeeper role (and N7 CPU) I found that I spent most of my time just maintaining psychocores. Sometimes the bot would lose 10-15% in a single day, so it feels like the hit the bot takes due to exp gain is a bit high. Another way to alleviate the issue would be add a role that you can give a bot which would maintain psychocores automatically. Though if you go down this path, it would also be nice if the repair professions also automatically repaired your active bots.
  • Thanks for adding the storage area for bots. This made it easier to keep a queue of bots for repair and sell so if you were looking for parts you could free up space on the off chance you found a bot with a compatible part.
  • There is no easy way to level up the players social skill, it would be nice if it leveled up like other skills when training your bots or at least there was a reliable way to get a decent amount of experience.
Again, thanks for creating and continuing development of this game, I look forward to your next release!

Reactions: Radnor

Ayame

Jun 6, 2017
I saw that by selling at the market they want female sex-bots so later in the game you can have male sex-bots, shemale sex-bots and futanari sex-bots?
It would be nice to have an little editor for the protagonist.
With the mods that add sex-bots you could increase the number of sex-bots you can own by being able to decide who to bring with you and who to leave to work in the shop.
Add more jobs for sex bots eg bodyguards or shop guards, scavengers, hookers for the night.

Sep 17, 2017
  • I very much enjoyed the Shopkeeper option and look forward to more combined Roles in the future. One note, I found when I had 3-4 bots with this role it tended to sell out all my spare parts. It would be nice if there was an option to disable a bots ability to sell parts or at least lock/unlock all the parts at once. Another solution would be to add a little menu where you can toggle on and off the selling of each part.
There is an option already to handle that broadly, though Radnor did say he was considering alternative ways to deal with it on a by-part/by-part-type basis (or similar). Open the Workshop, then bottom left is a button to toggle Do-Not-Sell On/Off, just switch it on and you will prevent all your shopkeepers from selling anything on their own.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Well, I'm getting better at fixing them. I wouldn't mind having a look at them just in case your tastes continue to be like mine
Ill go through and clean up the vids/ add previews, and make vanilla copies.
The models are Alex Coal, Anri Okita, Connie Carter, Gabbie Carter, Shae Summers, Skye Blue

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
Just wanted to chime in again and give my thoughts of the game after the last patch.
When you have 3-4 bots with the shopkeeper role (and N7 CPU) I found that I spent most of my time just maintaining psychocores. Sometimes the bot would lose 10-15% in a single day, so it feels like the hit the bot takes due to exp gain is a bit high. Another way to alleviate the issue would be add a role that you can give a bot which would maintain psychocores automatically. Though if you go down this path, it would also be nice if the repair professions also automatically repaired your active bots.
In the current game, I just train my shop bots until I have all of the good traits (immediately hacking out the bad ones). Once they have all the good traits, it does not matter if they are totally pycho because there is no downside at this point. Perhaps that will be an issue after future updates, but for now, it is not a problem for me.
Bonus: since I have to keep removing things like 'tech dumb' over and over, I gain a good amount of experience in computers and it gets much faster removing traits in the mid and late game.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Mega folder with some contributions.
BGM, Grey vendors and fluff...
And some bots, individually wrapped for shipping.

*Bots Require Mr_Shakys filler mod to work. *

Reactions: Harabec
Apr 3, 2019
So I thought I'd try my hand at creating a mod for this game, was relatively easy given all the other mods whose code i could look at. This mod is a just a sneak peak at a much larger mod that I'm planning to do based around characters from Sogna's Viper game series. Included in this mod are 4 bot models 1S,1A,1B, 1D taken from Viper F-40, plus my own custom bot parts (which may be a tad bit op but I'll work on balancing later).

Hope you enjoy.

Viper Girls 0.01

Edit: I've updated my mod to version 0.04, It includes lots of new stuff including 4 new bots (1D 1C 1A 1S) (15 in total now), new parts in all qualities F-S, new part slots (Genitalia, Horns, Tails), BBS Vendors for mod parts, new BBS offers and new name tables for mod bots.

If you downloaded an earlier version of this mod make sure to delete both the viper girls.json and the viper parts.json as this new mod combines both of those together, also for 0.04 delete the individual mod bot asset folders for each bot from the main assets folder because this version reorganises them.

avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png avatar.png

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Rad I have noticed that the minimal_integrity for BBS requests is a little off.. say minimal is set at 80, it doesnt accept the request unless the bot is above 80. small issue in the grand scheme.
Sorry, missed your post.
Here is part of code for listing applicable request variants:
Code:
                if "minimal_integrity" in request:
                  if bot.chassis.integrity<int(request["minimal_integrity"]):
                    continue
It should accept bot with 80 integrity if minimal_integrity is 80. Same as it works with minimal_integrity = 100, otherwise no bots would be accepted as you can't go over 100.
Maybe something else is there, like minor defect? Just in case, flavor defects, like freckles from some mods are still considered defect and if there is no defects_allowed=True then it will be blocked from being listed.

Clicking buttons is a little slow in this game. For example, there's a slight pause when you repeat an action--maybe a quarter of a second max. I'm not complaining; just wondering if that's typical of renpy when multiple sections of a page have to be updated.
Likely transitions, somewhat intended, you can make it faster or disable completely. Open Settings->System->Transition Speed/In-game transitions.
Also it is pretty much first option if game hangs/lag on android/web.

First off, I want to say good job! I had fun playing and I appreciate the effort and time you are putting in to give us freeloaders a game to play. Now on to the actual thoughts!

• Enjoyable game play loop, however towards the end of my multiple plays I found myself just mashing the same buttons over and over. Perhaps add a scheduler or an option to repeat the day so you can just do all your actions in a single click and then have a summary of the result at the end?
  • When looking for salvageable bots in the Dump Site it would be nice to have an auto-sell (at the flee market) option. Something where you can auto-sell by model and/or skill value. For me I just found the number of clicks to go from the Dump Site, sell the bots, and back to the Dump site to be the biggest time consumption for that day.
  • When you have 3-4 bots with the shopkeeper role (and N7 CPU) I found that I spent most of my time just maintaining psychocores. Sometimes the bot would lose 10-15% in a single day, so it feels like the hit the bot takes due to exp gain is a bit high. Another way to alleviate the issue would be add a role that you can give a bot which would maintain psychocores automatically. Though if you go down this path, it would also be nice if the repair professions also automatically repaired your active bots.
  • Thanks for adding the storage area for bots. This made it easier to keep a queue of bots for repair and sell so if you were looking for parts you could free up space on the off chance you found a bot with a compatible part.
  • There is no easy way to level up the players social skill, it would be nice if it leveled up like other skills when training your bots or at least there was a reliable way to get a decent amount of experience.
Again, thanks for creating and continuing development of this game, I look forward to your next release!
Thank you!

I surely can see how game can become too clicky, but i guess some clicking is expected for this kind of game. Don't think schedule will work here. My approach to handle this issue would be adding more passive ways to deal with most problems. Like adding capsule upgrades to stabilize psychocore or improving techie-related roles to slowly auto-repair bots at end of time period and so on.

For Dump Site i have some random events planned where local scum will try to shake you down for what you have found there. As of 0.3.1 game keeps things you found in internal list and later on it will use it to take your things if you decide to back away from hostiles. List is cleared/things considered "delivered to home" once you leave Dump Site.
So auto-sell option would kinda kill whole idea. With bulk sales and shopkeepers unwanted parts probably should be too annoying. Also talking about shopkeepers, they sell parts for bit more than you, so if you want more passive income it make sense to keep all the junk you have for shopkeepers to sell.

More roles are planned, from bodyguard to robo-maid :D I will rework do-not-sell mechanics a bit, making it part-type, not part specific, so once you toggle do-not-sell for v4 CPU, shopkeepers will not touch any of these. Also it will allow to return parts stacking back, as having huge list is really annoying and i doubt there is much use for "don't sell this v4 CPU, but can sell these 3 of v4". Also likely will make global do-not-sell into proper screen with settings, based on rates, defects etc.

Right now low psychocore stability does pretty much nothing bad, as long as you unlocked good traits, that is. In future i will add passive ways to maintain stability, to avoid high maintenance issue. Probably as capsule upgrade or indeed as another bot role.

Player social skill is supposed to be slow to train. It is somewhat innate ability, you can train it, but you can't go from shut-in nerd to playboy overnight. I may change it in future, but generally i don't want it to improve too fast.

I saw that by selling at the market they want female sex-bots so later in the game you can have male sex-bots, shemale sex-bots and futanari sex-bots?
It would be nice to have an little editor for the protagonist.
With the mods that add sex-bots you could increase the number of sex-bots you can own by being able to decide who to bring with you and who to leave to work in the shop.
Add more jobs for sex bots eg bodyguards or shop guards, scavengers, hookers for the night.
It is possible to add male bots already with mods, just specific "gender": "male". Later on may add support for moddable genders too, with custom pronounces and some logic flags. As for vanilla version, i don't think i can do any good gay content and there is not plans for female mc in near future (though code can handle it, so eventually i may add it), so your best option would be mods if you interested.
MC more in-depth creation/editor is something planned, but no hard ETA for now, sorry.
Yes, companion flag is planned, likely will be single bot to go with you when leaving home, providing some bonuses and helping with events.
More roles are planned, see my signature if you want bigger/faster update :D

No new Bots?
No, sorry, have limited time, so have to set priorities. As there are already many mods to choose from i focus on things modders can't do. Eventually i will add more bot models to vanilla version too.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes