4.60 star(s) 45 Votes
Apr 3, 2019
Decent little game. I started on easy, but after paying off my debt I wanted a bit more of a challenge. Went back and did it on normal. After paying off my debt, I had figured out some more tricks. Went back and did it on hard. Now I'm considering installing some mods.
Welcome to the club!

Eekhoorn123

Oct 16, 2017
What happens if i link multiple image paths to a single bot? Does it take all the files, only from 1 or does it automatically assign a random image pack to an instance of the bot?

Apr 3, 2019
What happens if i link multiple image paths to a single bot? Does it take all the files, only from 1 or does it automatically assign a random image pack to an instance of the bot?
You should probably put all of the images/vids for a bot in a single folder because when you list the assets you have to tell the game where the bot's assets are located for example:

"asset_packs": [
("bots botname","parent folder bot assets folder"),
],

additionally you should use a parent folder to place all of your bots into

i.e. assets/images/mymod/individual bot files

Apr 3, 2019
Are images not loading for anyone else?
Here not in game.
Like the previews on purples mod post and my big post.
Seems more of an issue on chrome, was able to get around it on firefox. There is supposed to be a way to get around it on chrome but it doesn't seem to work for more than a single image.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
"asset_packs": [
("bots botname","parent folder bot assets folder"),
],
That will look like assets\images\parent\folder\bot\assets\folder\
You need to connect them either with _ or by joining together words
("bots botname","parentfolder botassetsfolder"), -> assets\images\parentfolder\botassetsfolder\
("bots botname","parent_folder bot_assets_folder"), -> assets\images\parent_folder\bot_assets_folder\

Apr 3, 2019
That will look like assets\images\parent\folder\bot\assets\folder\
You need to connect them either with _ or by joining together words
("bots botname","parentfolder botassetsfolder"), -> assets\images\parentfolder\botassetsfolder\
("bots botname","parent_folder bot_assets_folder"), -> assets\images\parent_folder\bot_assets_folder\
Ok that's a better way to explain it.

BeastofBarrrrg

Mar 18, 2019
Ran into the following Bug with 5 bots with Max social, Max Mech, and b rank electrical when I hit the work button (does not matter how much energy I have left)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 97, in randint
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (7,-14, -21)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpyc", line 31, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Sun Mar  6 02:02:01 2022

WayonF95

Dec 17, 2016
Ran into the following Bug with 5 bots with Max social, Max Mech, and b rank electrical when I hit the work button (does not matter how much energy I have left)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpyc", line 31, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Sun Mar  6 02:02:01 2022
Use the Hotfix patch and ..........put it in the right location !!! (i didnt :sneaky: the first time..)

Yoheijin

Jan 28, 2022
Before last update, i can edit max energy by using save edit and now.... meh i can't stand the grindings torture.

Atal112

Jun 17, 2020
Is it possible to replace an animation from one of the mod bots with another,or the same one but with sound? Simply renaming the video you want the same as the one you swapped doesn't seem to work

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Decent little game. I started on easy, but after paying off my debt I wanted a bit more of a challenge. Went back and did it on normal. After paying off my debt, I had figured out some more tricks. Went back and did it on hard. Now I'm considering installing some mods.
I did the same. Once you do be warned with mods this game is WAY more addictive.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Is it possible to replace an animation from one of the mod bots with another,or the same one but with sound? Simply renaming the video you want the same as the one you swapped doesn't seem to work
You can replace videos, as long as they have the proper codecs. Supposedly some .mp4 videos will work, but .webm conversions have the codecs you need.

Reactions: Atal112

Atal112

Jun 17, 2020
You can replace videos, as long as they have the proper codecs. Supposedly some .mp4 videos will work, but .webm conversions have the codecs you need.
I see,i got it to work by actually using a convertor rather than just changing the name of the video format from .mp4 to .webm .Thanks a lot

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes