4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
You can already end the debt.
Yeay, It would probably want the debt to be increased quite a lot to make this work. In any event, it would be a deal to cancel it early rather than pay it off.

There's quite a few paths things could go down on a grander scale.
Well, certainly. I guess I just like him the way he is. As it stands, Metzinger could have stepped out of the pages of Neuromancer. I think I'd want to keep that sleazy, squalid vibe going. That's if I was doing the work, anyway.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
View attachment 1746629
help!
how do i access these from console? lol. adding "outfit.bot_arms" doesn't seem to work
items are identified as BotPart_"part_id". but I can honestly say I've never tried to mod my inventory with the console.
part ids can be found in the .json files that you added. Shaky's filler parts are 'shakymod_cpu_e', 'shakymod_cpu_d', etc.

in game, the bots do not have an inventory. They can only have 1 item of each type. Their "outfit" is what they currently have equipped. The MCs storage is the only inventory, but if you're determined to use the console, try 'workshop.add_item("part_id")'.

Reactions: a3on

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
items are identified as BotPart_"part_id". but I can honestly say I've never tried to mod my inventory with the console.
part ids can be found in the .json files that you added. Shaky's filler parts are 'shakymod_cpu_e', 'shakymod_cpu_d', etc.

in game, the bots do not have an inventory. They can only have 1 item of each type. The MCs storage is the only inventory, but if you're determined to use the console, try 'workshop.add_item("part_id")'.
cool, but i'm not trying to add parts. just trying to cheat their integrity, lol.
bot stats and traits should be accessible from here too, but i dunno how to get there.

edit:
i'm really using a roundabout way here. all bots should be accessible through " all_characters " (without quote). but i have no idea how to target specific bots.
atleast if i put them in storage, some skills and psychocore stats can be cheated (with my limited knowledge).

Last edited:

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
cool, but i'm not trying to add parts. just trying to cheat their integrity, lol.
bot stats and traits should be accessible from here too, but i dunno how to get there.

edit:
i'm really using a roundabout way here. all bots should be accessible through " all_characters " (without quote). but i have no idea how to target specific bots.
atleast if i put them in storage, some skills and psychocore stats can be cheated (with my limited knowledge).
REALLY roundabout.
Nice thing about how Radnor developed this game, is how he build it for mods. The mod itself can be pretty basic, just following a simple outline. But getting into the source is a different story. There are no simple 'set this value' commands, so what you're trying to do in the console would be over complicated for this game. I can't even imagine what that might turn into. If it helps, heres some definitions to work with, but I have no idea how to apply them in console.

bots are identified as 'bot_id', or 'bot.id' depending on the call function. ex. "bot.bot_id" or "bot.id_akira"
'home.sexbots', 'workshop.sexbots' , 'self.sexbots'

'enumerate(workshop.inventory)'

parts- 'part.integrity==100' , 'part.integrity_cap' , 'bot.chassis[part_id]'
psychocore- 'self.stability=100' , 'self.max_roles== ' , 'bot.psychocore.stability!=100'

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
View attachment 1747121
that worked, but i'm back to square one :KEK:
To break it down as best I can, the game takes an object from an id list and attaches it to a location. parts are assigned to location 'part_slot' or 'storage.inventory', slots are assigned to location 'bot', bots are assigned to location 'storage'/'home'. The game changes location to interact with the objects, not like most games with inventory items.
-Edit: I had typed out an example of how the game moves around the 'locations', but that was starting to look like a bad John Grisham novel.
Imagine it like the folder structure on your PC. -- /Home /Workshop /Bot /part_slot /part /defect. each screen in the game is the next folder, and that is how the game interacts with the objects assigned to that location.

You are right, the console would work to adjust the condition of parts, but you'll have to identify layer by layer where that part is located. I would think that after that much effort, it is just easier to use "mc.energy= " and click the buttons. For that matter, it would be easier to open a .json and tweak the file or create your own.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
is setting specific bot model for BBS request doable? trying to give more flavor there. but putting `"model_id":` doesn't seem to work.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
is setting specific bot model for BBS request doable? trying to give more flavor there. but putting `"model_id":` doesn't seem to work.
currently the source doesn't have that check for detail, so no, not at this time.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
currently the source doesn't have that check for detail, so no, not at this time.
such a shame then :(

it is just easier to use "mc.energy= " and click the buttons.
well, one thing that i've noticed is that in hard mode, most 'repeat action' button is gone. i don't think it was part of the 'hard mode' though, there's too much clicking involved, it's the main reason why i wanted to cheat the integrity in the first place. lol.

is there any way i can put them back in?
or any way to make the normal or easier mode harder? (so i can have that button in the game)

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
Are there any mods or methods for reducing the amount of RNG in training and the like?
the cheaty way or the normal way?
you can just use console command if you want to cheat.

but normally, you're supposed to stabilize psychocore to maximize the lower limit of xp gain.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
such a shame then :(
indeed.

And the repeat button can be enabled or disabled in the game settings, it wouldn't normally disappear in hard mode.
If you want to make a tweak of your own, the file tunings.json contains the beginning skill points, starting debt and weekly payments in a simple number format. I think 'mc.debt= ' should work in console.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Are there any mods or methods for reducing the amount of RNG in training and the like?
The values defined in the CPUs by mod authors are the biggest factor, so the quality of CPU increases the bot xp multiplier. S rank CPU= higher gains and quicker training.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
And the repeat button can be enabled or disabled in the game settings,
i've tried, this setting doesn't seem to work in hardcore.
also, tuning.json only affect the debt, i'll have to find another way to lower the chance of finding bot or xp gain so it would be similar to hardcore.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
i've tried, this setting doesn't seem to work in hardcore.
also, tuning.json only affect the debt, i'll have to find another way to lower the chance of finding bot or xp gain so it would be similar to hardcore.
The base ranges might be set in the game script, but the individual bot values are defined by the authors. Each bot has their .json file, where you can change bot value, psychocore decay, and spawn chances. 'target_tag_chances' is the random percent chance that the bot could be generated when the game calls for a bot by tag (all, nice, good, luxury).
In my own game, I set S rank bots and parts to have a drop rate of 1 or 3, while C rank has a drop rate of 20.. my game might be flooded with cheap, common bots that wont pay the bills, but then a rare bot pops up and it feels like winning the lottery.

The drop rate is not a true number. it is a random chance value, based on a curve of the highest number value and lowest number value from the all the assets available.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Just a little update. IRL things are getting bit more stable, so there is a chance i may get back to working on game some day. Maybe closer to summer. Doubt i will make big updates, doubt they will be frequent, but i have my hopes :D
Sorry for ignoring discord server and this thread for last few weeks.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes