4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Dev has stopped development and put out files publicly for community to pick up. No one's taken it up as of now. See message a page or two back.
Five pages back now. It's a bummer but not completely devastating due to the existent modding enthusiasm it's generated. Python source should help keep it alive since it's relatively easy to code in. Sad news for anyone interested:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
hm.....guys is there anyone who continue the development? if yes could he say something about the next release?

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
hm.....guys is there anyone who continue the development? if yes could he say something about the next release?
I thought about it. Not entirely sure what I'd want to do with it. The game, as a sexy little sandbox sim is about perfect as it is. I'd have said it could use more models or parts, but the dev community have stepped up to that challence magificently.

So what else? I mean you could set up a quest/mission framework. maybe offer a route for Metzinger to get the debt cancelled or his name erased from the industry black list ... but then as players we don't really want him to get a decent job with one of the big robotics corps, which is what he'd logically do if he could. As players, we want him stuck in his dingy chop-shop salvaging sexbots from the dump.

But if we rule that out, it's hard to see where his story goes. Get him mixed up a bit more with the criminal element, perhaps. Maybe a contract to make a bot that can pass as a well known political figure, or the wife of a corporate VP and have it come back to bite him, maybe give him some incentive to train his bots in combat skills...

Nothing really leaps out, though.

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
I thought about it. Not entirely sure what I'd want to do with it. The game, as a sexy little sandbox sim is about perfect as it is. I'd have said it could use more models or parts, but the dev community have stepped up to that challence magificently.

So what else? I mean you could set up a quest/mission framework. maybe offer a route for Metzinger to get the debt cancelled or his name erased from the industry black list ... but then as players we don't really want him to get a decent job with one of the big robotics corps, which is what he'd logically do if he could. As players, we want him stuck in his dingy chop-shop salvaging sexbots from the dump.

But if we rule that out, it's hard to see where his story goes. Get him mixed up a bit more with the criminal element, perhaps. Maybe a contract to make a bot that can pass as a well known political figure, or the wife of a corporate VP and have it come back to bite him, maybe give him some incentive to train his bots in combat skills...

Actually, there's a LOT that could be done to expand and improve upon...

Think expansion beyond the one chop shop like...possibly buying and renovating the brothel/bar...add new one...maybe a showroom...
Also think about expanding potential jobs to accommodate an evolving business...areas of management, security, bartending, waitressing, prostitution, maintenance, etc....

Yeah...there's TONS that can be done here...IMHO...

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Think expansion beyond the one chop shop like...possibly buying and renovating the brothel/bar...add new one...maybe a showroom...
Also think about expanding potential jobs to accommodate an evolving business...areas of management, security, bartending, waitressing, prostitution, maintenance, etc....
Could work. All those business mean a lot of micromanagement, so you'd need good player tools if it wasn't going to turn into a grind. Or well trained bots managing the business, I suppose.

Yeah...there's TONS that can be done here...IMHO...
So why not write the code?

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
From the list of core systems that were planned at the start, a system of personality for the bots (and potentialy the MC) would be a nice way to diversify the bots you get, with the way you interact with the bots influencing the personality they have, and how they will interact with you (either as a machine just obeying orders, or more human-like for example).

The combat skill is also useless at the moment, Radnor had mentioned a system where you could get attacked and robbed, for example when exploring the dump.

Just because people have ideas as to which direction would be nice to develop the game, doesn't mean they know anything about coding...

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Anyone can make a mod for combat missions like mercenary work using combat skills ? so I am thinking like tech bots fixing stuff just that it just uses combat skills.. to get things done ?

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
Simply...just read the "Readme" included with the source code. Yes..I downloaded it and was actually thinking of picking up the ball and running with it myself. That's where the brainstorming started...and subsequently ended after reading the stipulations put forth by the original dev. It would be enough work (almost tripling the existing content in my estimate) that I may as well build my own game with my own Patreon/Discord links on it. The original dev prohibited those links from being modified or removed in the "readme" mentioned. That's just where I stand on it...and I'm not at all saying that someone else shouldn't run with it if they want to do so.

So...could the suggestions I stated be done?
Yes.

Am I WILLING to do it myself?
Not with the stipulations put forth. No disrespect intended to the original dev or anyone else.

I've been toying around with a "Being a DIK" mod pack with hi-res animation loops replacing the static renders. It may or may not evolve into incorporating some of my ideas but really just intended for personal enjoyment...yanno...since "Being a DIK" is so awesome. =P

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Anyone can make a mod for combat missions like mercenary work using combat skills ? so I am thinking like tech bots fixing stuff just that it just uses combat skills.. to get things done ?
Sounds like the way to go. Possibly best done as a grey market contract, since that doesn't need a any new UI elements. If you have qualifying bots, you can accept the message, and the bots vanish from your inventory for a day or more. You get paid up front with a bonus based on mission success, but you'll have to repair any combat damage yourself.

Am I WILLING to do it myself?
Not with the stipulations put forth. No disrespect intended to the original dev or anyone else.
I can understand that. It's one thing pitching into a purely hobby project, another thing entirely if there's money involved.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017

You can already end the debt.

But after being treated like that, why get a job with the corps when he could expand his suddenly wildly successful operation to the point that he is the competition for the corps, developing the next generation sexbot that makes the rest seem like blowup dolls?

Or going completely off the rails and developing a true AI for them, spreading it around, and bringing about a sexbot uprising (with him, of course, as the one who gave them the choice and thus very much on their good sides).

Secretly building an army of combat bots to take violent revenge? Of course, would need to expand to have the funds, hardware, and production/repair facilities, and would need to curry favors here and there to keep the heat off him.

There's quite a few paths things could go down on a grander scale.

Reactions: Hajtand

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Generally speaking, the source material that Radnor left us with is pretty versatile to mod the current stage of the game. Adding new locations and new vendors is just a bit of copy/ paste.. rename this and that, alter the desired variables and viola! A new market for specific traits or leveled parts and bots. I made up a new street with new markets, and potential locations for future material, but I don't have the skills to write new code or expand the game itself. bot.saneulae_skill "coding"<= D
Everybody has first world problems, and personally, I don't want to jump in and monkeyfuck Radnor's excellent creation when it comes to the framework of the game. This game definitely has huge potential and is by far still my favorite sandbox/trainer.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes